Can't beat a lil a racism can we

• Thread starter DeletedUser4753
  • Start date

DeletedUser4753

Hehe my english is that bad i could be mistaken fa a foreigner :D

DeletedUser

The game is almost entirely based around activity once you hit a certain level of competence. So I would imagine that the average player from each server is probably approximately equal.

On .uk yes, but I don't know, if you look at like some good players from the past I think it goes above activity. Take jamm for example, his actual knowledge of the mechanics of TW were pretty decent.

Tbf it's been a while since any TW player actually truly impressed me, so I'm kind of forgetting what class players are like. I know some people that are pretty decent or quite good, but I haven't seen anyone really impressive for a ridiculously long period of time...

Always thought Nauzh was a bit overrated too, not saying I would beat him on start up, because in all likelihood I'd fail miserably, but never thought he was that amazing.

DeletedUser4753

yea jamm was sick, when he found buildings stats n somehow deciphered them to create the best order for start up was like woooot lol
tbh i dont really rate as much things that arnt skirmish based, so a top start up player isnt neccasarily that great in my eyes.
im unsure how big activity effects all aspects of the game but in some it wont save you.
lets say for example ur on a few hundred k account or even larger maybe multi million, now said account gets kitchen sink thrkwn at them 1000's of nukes 1000's of fakes coming from every direction over sustained periods of time.
heres why i see the game not just activity.

you ould put a active very competant mid vame player on n they might survive but under the scale of attacks cud fold or atleast struggle
but someoneike tharg on and you can bet the only way the account ia going down is if it isnt actualy lossible to defend, if it is then that lad wud do it.

tharg was a class on his own at that sort of thing and many a good player cud be more active but probably wudnt pull things off as well as him. thats what i deam as class and why id say just activity even amongst good players wont make you the best

DeletedUser282

On .uk yes, but I don't know, if you look at like some good players from the past I think it goes above activity. Take jamm for example, his actual knowledge of the mechanics of TW were pretty decent.

Tbf it's been a while since any TW player actually truly impressed me, so I'm kind of forgetting what class players are like. I know some people that are pretty decent or quite good, but I haven't seen anyone really impressive for a ridiculously long period of time...

Always thought Nauzh was a bit overrated too, not saying I would beat him on start up, because in all likelihood I'd fail miserably, but never thought he was that amazing.

Jamm is blown out of all proportion by most people, he was aware how to play when noone really had a clue and decided to look up some rather simple things. If we're going by statistical game knowledge as being a deciding factor then I would assume that cheesasauras tops the list of good players.

Think about start up, (which lots of people still consider the good bit) what is it you actually have to do? Send troops out to places and queue stuff up. Well there is a little bit more to it than that, but all that really is is sending stuff out to villages in an organised fashion (perhaps using scouts for hauls, or perhaps trying to be more clever and scout every village every so often to get it's mine levels then not needing to send scouts with other attacks as you know it's production rate) and queueing stuff up in a sensible, efficient order.
Yeah... that's not really very hard.
So the remaining differentiation is simply either being very organised with your account to maximise what activity you have, or simply having a ton of activity and then not needing as much organisation (though obviously organisation is useful)
But the time I actually had 24/7 (don't think it was even 24/7 tbh but it was close) for a bit during start up, playing with absolute morons like legitimacy and some speed guy who's name I've forgotten we got this lead with a 1 day late start. (on speed 1.6 [iirc])
1 Quids Pro Quo Nite 875
2 Matchitehew ~SAD~ 624
3 Turbo Ace Teach 605
4 Sky Shaymin SDA 592
5 crossdrop onlyme 588
At this point the account was banned because a stupid co-player had another account which they thought they'd deleted. (In about a day and a half rank 2 caught up)
Not trying to make the point that we're good, actually the inverse, that we had stupid players but were active and so were a goodly way ahead.

Now mid to late game obviously still has some organisation skills (lodda tends to do this pretty well- though one cannot overlook lodda's ability to get gifted vills when the rest of the tribe gets bored and quits) but it's still very much activity in terms of growing an account.
In terms of late game fighting, this is often considered to be simply stacking and sending vast amounts of nukes at a frontline, in my experience this is sometimes the case but often the fighting is actually incredibly interesting and does require good organisation (but at this point in a world there aren't many players left and so these good players are often rather unknown) however, when fighting in such a way with so many incomings, what is also usually necessary is full activity.
Under those circumstances of interesting fighting on a non-stacked frontline, activity is still really the key issue. You can get by without being near perfect in the actual defending, but you often cannot get by with the account having time spent not being played.
(Though I think fighting late game in certain situations is when you could make the largest argument for skill- under such circumstances with good players fighting each other is when this game is at it's most interesting- unfortunately it's also a massive time-sink)

Also I'm curious as to how d1mension appears to know that his assertions about tharg are correct, from what I've heard he was fairly competent, though I don't really know this for certain and am curious as to whether you have actually experienced tharg in this manner or have just read stuff and assumed that he is godly.

And I've just realized that this isn't incredibly relevant to the actual topic. So I'll stick to my idea that on average it shouldn't really matter but assert that German players should probably be at the very top due to age of their server and my fairly limited experience of it showed that they seemed to be (this is an incredibly small sample size and so isn't really valid) more organised in tribes than many on other servers.