End Builds?

DeletedUser9174

when i last played an 0.5 world. I admit that it was over 2 years ago. I remember hardly ever having full Offensive villages. I just couldn't hold on to a nuke long enough to fully max out my farm space. (it does take considerably longer in an O.5 world.) That world at least had bonus barracks and stable villages, I dont see this world being any different. May as well max out the mines.

DeletedUser1937

This world is very slow. Certainly MAX OUT YOUR MINES !!. And everything else that you don't need. How you get there is another matter. It is a bit of a slog however you go about it. Take a good look at your surrounding viils. How active are they ? If they are not then hit them ! You should be able to tell from their point count. TW-MAPS is a good source of info also.

DeletedUser

You never max your builds. WHo needs a workshop greater than level 4 ? Who needs a hiding place ? When building push the VHQ to 25 and then knock it down to 20 to leave room for TROOPS

This world is very slow. Certainly MAX OUT YOUR MINES !!. And everything else that you don't need. How you get there is another matter. It is a bit of a slog however you go about it. Take a good look at your surrounding viils. How active are they ? If they are not then hit them ! You should be able to tell from their point count. TW-MAPS is a good source of info also.

Dude, do you have any idea how to play tribal wars?

Higher HQs, high workshops are both valid builds, especially on 0.5 worlds. If you're on the frontline and your wall is getting knocked down; you're going to waste days rebuilding it to 20 with a level 20 HQ. If you're building a cat village, you're going to use a level 4 workshop? More importantly, you question the power of the hiding place? I have hiding place maxed in all of my end builds, unless it's a a church world. It's, what, 8 population and you save enough resources to que your wall back up right after the attack. Why wouldn't you build it? (Rhetorical question)

Maxing mines, again, not necessary. Certainly, you can do it. But it's not a necessity. It's also stupid going around clearing every inactive village in your area, only clear those which you can with low losses.

If you're going to come here implying only your way is right, atleast make sure you're build is half-way decent.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1937

Accept the critism. (Mostly !).

I have built my Hiding place a few notches but still think that it is a waste of time.

The HQ question is more difficult. You are quite right in saying that wall rebuilds (for instance) take much longer. But the crucial point is your local tactical situation. If you are being hit MEGA then I don't think it makes a great deal of difference.

Workshop ? Waste of time past Level 4 !!!

To finish off , I have never played on this kind of world before, so most of what I have to say is probably rubbish !!

DeletedUser6695

HQ question is quite easy, 25-27 for now simples :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Accept the critism. (Mostly !).

I have built my Hiding place a few notches but still think that it is a waste of time.

It's not a waste of time, but a very small benefit in time for the price of nothing, which is why I do it.

The HQ question is more difficult. You are quite right in saying that wall rebuilds (for instance) take much longer. But the crucial point is your local tactical situation. If you are being hit MEGA then I don't think it makes a great deal of difference.

I disagree. If you're being hit "Mega" then higher HQ will be even more useful, as your wall will constantly be knocked down and you'll have to rebuild it, saving more time with higher HQ.

Workshop ? Waste of time past Level 4 !!!

Usually, you don't need higher as your rams finish much earlier than your axes or LC. However, if you're building a ram heavy nuke or a cat village, you'll need a higher workshop level otherwise your barracks and stable will be sitting idle after axes/lc finish.

DeletedUser1937

Sorry to have started this build discussion ! Still, it is intersting !

DeletedUser117

No its a good question, most players havent experienced a 0.5 speed. You need to remember that everything is half the speed of a normal world. What would take you 20 hours will now take you 40 hours. You need to incorporate that factor into your village builds. Hiding place for example is good if you need res fast, say after an attack. This world is dependent solely on farming for main resources. But if your cleared, waiting on Lvl 6 mines, for example to get you back into farming would take 9 hours or so.

I would agree on increasing mines but only after everything is done (acad, Stables Rax etc) the best way of figuring out build times for troops and buildings is via a build calculator eg zomgtw. But your HQ would def need to be higher than normal: HQ at lvl 20 has a time factor of 38%, so a lvl 30 has a time factor of 23% - by using the above link, you can stuff around with lvls until you get one that is not only time efficient, but also not so heavy on farm space.

There is always an option of decreasing HQ levels after you have finished building, but as YGP stated, in a war you need to rebuild quickly. It not worth having a few more hundred troops when your wall take three times as long to rebuild.

Another interesting question is tech levels, would you increase your D techs, just in case or would you substitute lower D techs for a higher O tech? you only have 15 techs you can research, 2 already being taken for spears and swords. Considering a sword tech takes a while to build, not including unresearching the other tech. Your techs need to be thought out, esp with only one vil.

DeletedUser

I actually wasn't joking when I said I'll be maxing my villages. As garg said you'll never have a full nuke home therefore why does it hurt to keep all queues pumping? I mean if a full nuke takes 9-11 days (can't remember off top of my head) on a 1. speed world its going to double on this world therefore you'll be waiting forever to make a full nuke and I believe you would be retarded to wait for a full nuke.

DeletedUser9748

I actually wasn't joking when I said I'll be maxing my villages. As garg said you'll never have a full nuke home therefore why does it hurt to keep all queues pumping? I mean if a full nuke takes 9-11 days (can't remember off top of my head) on a 1. speed world its going to double on this world therefore you'll be waiting forever to make a full nuke and I believe you would be retarded to wait for a full nuke.

Building a full offensive nuke is way much slower than building a defensive nuke (if you go only for sp/Hc/Cats). Let's say a player loses 3 full offensive nukes on trying to noble a enemy's village. The enemy will lose 2 def nukes but he will keep it. If our player decides not to make the nukes again at full farm because he wants to take the village as soon as possible (0.5 speed means loyalty raises very slow) the defender would have made bigger def army than the attacker so again he will succesfully defend and keep the village (this scenario does not include help from the tribe etc.)

So in rare cases I believe you won't need to build a full nuke and just send what you have. In late game, everyone needs a full nuke (or at least a number of 4.5-5k axes, 2k LC, 230 rams).

DeletedUser

"Building a full offensive nuke is way much slower than building a defensive nuke (if you go only for sp/Hc/Cats)"

Pretty sure its quicker to build offense than defense...? (checks figures....) yes its quicker to build a 6k/3k/300 nuke than 9k/1.8k/250 defense

DeletedUser9748

Everything depends on which units you will build the def nuke and if you will produce from all three buildings (Racks/Stable/Workshop). Spears are being produced faster than axes (slightly but still faster), HC are slower that's true but while the attacker will have 2.5k LC you will have at least 1.6k HC which is a good number. And the last factor of course are catapults. In a slow world like this, upgrading workshop at lvl 15 is crucial. So at the same time when the attacker will have 6.5k/3k/300 to attack, the defender will have at least 8-8.5k/1.6k/250. This def nuke can hold for sure an off nuke and keep some units behind for sniping nobles.

So calculating with details, I believe that def units are building faster than attacking units. When you have 5-7 villages there is no big difference, but when you have 50-70 trust me, speed matters :)

DeletedUser

yeah, ok when you put it that way, individually an offence will out build a defence, but when your rebuilding from an attack seeing as your defence is not fully defeated then the defence wins.

But, you have to survive to this stage first right ;)