English Language Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Mr. HoneyMustard
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

My old thread about this got deleted and I am near certain it is because it was made in the Off-Topic section and not the discussion section. I have fixed the problem and remade the thread here.

I would also like to say, if for some reason, my old thread was deleted for any other reason that is oppression and we have to stick it to the man. If not, let this thread remain, and the future of this forum will not be as bleak as I see it is now.

I have come here to discuss today certain words that seem, for some reason to be bannable on this website.

I don't want to name names seeing as this isn't a ban discussion thread, but seriously, you might know who I am talking about.

The word snicker, which is widely used in the U.S. and Canada as to hopefully not offend those of African descent. It means to conceal a laugh or laugh in a disrespectful way. Proof

Another word, which is bannable here, means the exact same thing, but is more commonly used across the Atlantic, that word is S_N_I_G_G_E_R. For some odd reason it is starred out here. Luckily, it isn't starred out right now, so I won't be banned, hopefully. Here is absolute proof that the word mentioned and snicker mean the same god darn thing. If someone is offended by it, my opinion is that they are clinically insane and should be given lots of drugs because they need help.

Sure, if you remove the conveniently placed s it might be offensive, but if the word isn't used in an offensive way, but in the way someone might be taught in school, no harm is done.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

First off I'd like to say, TO EVERYONE, that the staff is sorry for the recent ordeal that just took place regarding the "censoring". We had an auto-censor that was taking it upon itself to censor words that weren't offensive or breach-able by our rules. After a discussion between myself and Tracey, we have decided to disable the censor since it was causing more issues than helping to keep these forums clean. Words will no longer be auto-censored for the benefit of the players, however, posts for now on that have words, whether they are inappropriate or not, with *'s in them will be infractable. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to drop me a mail and again on behalf of the rest of the forum staff I am sorry and apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused.

Status
Not open for further replies.