Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Approved: dalesmckay's Troop Summary Script

The Script:
    Spoiler Code:
    Code:
    javascript:(window.main||window).$.getScript('http://team.tribalwars.co.uk/scripts/troop_counter.js');void 0;

Description:
    Run from Overviews->Troops Screen to view summary of existing Units.
    It provides a breakdown of different Village Types (Noble, Offense, Defense, Scout, Other),
    different Unit types (Offense, Defense, Other), total number of existing Units & their total farm population.
    Hover mouse over Village Type Description to view Criteria.
    Click Village Type Description to view ALL village co-ordinates of that Village Type.

Supported Browsers:
    Opera, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, IE

Other Info:
    • A Premium Account is required
    • It works on all Worlds (archer, non-archer, paladin, church, etc...)
    • It will not work correctly on pages with more than 1000 villages
    • Pop-ups must be enabled
    • It has not been tested on the Mobile Version of TW
    • It has multi-language supported (just need to add translated values)
    Last edited by cheesasaurus; 02.05.13 at 16:30. Reason: updated launcher (new host)

Script Development Team

screenshot of the troop summary script in action:
    Spoiler screenshot:

Quick question.

What does it consider to be a full nuke (Offense/Defense), etc? Can we customize what we want it to consider as a nuke or no? Or defensive train, etc.

Just inserted the code... and it does not give me what you had Cheese...
    Duke of XiG {XiGamers Return}

The script works out the farm space taken by Offensive troops or defensive troops. I think something like 20k troops (farm wise) of offensive is considered a nuke, but I will log on (and kick cheese (devil)) and check it out for you later

Script Development Team

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Otis View Post
    Quick question.

What does it consider to be a full nuke (Offense/Defense), etc? Can we customize what we want it to consider as a nuke or no? Or defensive train, etc.

Just inserted the code... and it does not give me what you had Cheese...
    What does it give you? (screenshot(s) would be very helpful)

If you hover your mouse pointer over the option you want, it's supposed to show you what the requirements are. There's not any way to customize the requirements in the current version.
    The real mysteries of TW! Does the farmer really need a 20-foot scythe? Why does the stablehand fling the poo towards the sidewalk? Will the lumberjack ever realize he's already felled that tree, and has been hacking away at a stump for the last month? What kind of idiot soldiers am I recruiting? Everyone hides their stuff in the same spot; look under the darned rocks!

I use Google Chrome. And after I click on "Troop Count" where this script is located, I get only that information to display. No popups or anything. kind of confused if I missed a step or something. And I hid the the troop #s for obvious reasons. Let's just say I have around 3k axes, 2k lc, 150 scouts, 150 rams, and 100 cats. If you can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. I can also try it in Firefox, IE, or Opera.

Spoiler Screenshot:

Script Development Team

It would be helpful if you tried it in some other browsers and let me know the results. That'll give me some idea of whether its a browser specific issue or if its related to something on the page.
    The real mysteries of TW! Does the farmer really need a 20-foot scythe? Why does the stablehand fling the poo towards the sidewalk? Will the lumberjack ever realize he's already felled that tree, and has been hacking away at a stump for the last month? What kind of idiot soldiers am I recruiting? Everyone hides their stuff in the same spot; look under the darned rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by cheesasaurus View Post
    It would be helpful if you tried it in some other browsers and let me know the results. That'll give me some idea of whether its a browser specific issue or if its related to something on the page.
    Results in three errors.

Mozilla Firefox: Error: Popup is null
    Internet Explorer: Error: Object required
    Google Chrome: (doesn't pop up with what error) [I went to a different computer to see if it was related to my original computer by chance]

Let me know if you need screenshots.

Script Development Team

those errors mean that you have popups disabled. Try enabling popups in those browsers and see if anything comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesasaurus View Post
    those errors mean that you have popups disabled. Try enabling popups in those browsers and see if anything comes up.
    Fixed. Got it to work with Chrome. Thx for spotting it mate. It didn't click in my head it was a popup for some odd reason.

On UK7 I keep getting "Error: Cannot convert 'coords' to object" when I try this...
    It worked on the other worlds, just not 7.
    The bad half of mrrobpob.
    Oh, and the good half as well.
    In fact, I'm all of mrrobpob.
    How dissapointing .

Any chance of getting this updated for v7 as I cannot get it to work now that W5 has been updated.

Quote Originally Posted by xel nadar View Post
    Any chance of getting this updated for v7 as I cannot get it to work now that W5 has been updated.
    Quoting to support this! This script was a lot of help, and a repair would mean I wuv yuhoo <3. I get a pop up stating 'Error: coords is null' and a statement about the script and the world at the bottom of the page. It was working fine, I used it two days before the update.

I have the same problem and tracy is no help at all with her standard service reply - only use approved scripts.

What a way to run a company..... and we pay premium and account manager too!!!

Can anyone confirm what the population count at the bottom right is? Is that the maximum population you have, i.e the total number of troops you can have? If this what it is, does this include troops in queue?

Thanks in advance

This is the v7.0 updated version for whoever is maintaining the hosted script:
    Spoiler script:
    script removed ... OP updated

Quote Originally Posted by Avenging Archangel View Post
    Can anyone confirm what the population count at the bottom right is? Is that the maximum population you have, i.e the total number of troops you can have? If this what it is, does this include troops in queue?

Thanks in advance
    The Total units count value is the total number of existing troops in your account.
    The Total units pop value is the total population of all existing troops in your account.
    These totals do NOT include troops queued for production (since this info is not available from the Overviews->Troops Screen).
    Last edited by SlowTarget; 15.04.11 at 18:04. Reason: script updated in OP

Amazing... thanks for updating this. Always loved this script :D

Thanks for claryfying that for me.

And a great script.

Question

This now doesnt work again, im using opera. Any suggestions??

apparently the site hosting the scripts is changing server so various scripts are temporarily down

http://forum.tribalwars.net/showpost...4&postcount=60
    UK3 - mrlucaboy, ~HAD~
    UK4 - mrlucaboy, =FATE=
    UK6 - Yeah Yeah Yeah, JBOX
    UK8 - Meh Meh Meh, Honey
    UK12 -mrlucaboy, LoL

thanks for the info

I'm getting this error when I run the script.

<uk2.tribalwars.co.uk>

Error: Statement on line 143: Cannot convert undefined or null to Object

i think your using the old script, you need the new one a few threads above for V.7.0

mines works and loads fine but the troop numbers aint climbing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast