Define Noob?

DeletedUser7325

Hi,

My first ever post on W4 forum. So thought to gather some opinions. I believe everyone would have their own version of definition. Would be nice to hear (read) some.

So please, what is your definition of noob?

DeletedUser

People who write Spam.
People who can't play basic TW.
People who can't play advanced TW.
People Smaller than me.
People with less OD than points (rank).
People with 0 ODA or close to it.
People who Noble barbs.
People with big egos.
People who do not know what they are doing.

DeletedUser

People who write Spam. - Spam can fall unto different categories. Good spam and bad spam. Just because someone posts a lot doesn't mean they spam. And even then, it can be good.
People who can't play basic TW. }
People who can't play advanced TW. } Define Advanced and basic TW :/
People Smaller than me. :D
People with less OD than points (rank). OD is never really a measurement of noobishness just of how many troops you've killed.
People with 0 ODA or close to it. Again, ^ having 0 (Or little, as it's impossible to have 0 ODA in this world iirc) ODA just means you haven't killed many troops. Not really a reflection of how good you are.
People who Noble barbs. Ehhh. Kinda agree, but there are some reasonings behind certain barb nobles.
People with big egos. Egos, if backed up are good.
People who do not know what they are doing. Define not knowing what they're doing? :d
Teal is a wicked color.

There are hardly any noobs that post on the forum. And, those making very poor posts usually coincide with poor in-game skill.

That said, I think it's pretty hard to define a noob. The definition can vary from time to time and situation to situation.

DeletedUser

People who do NOT build mixed villas, you cannot win without having mixed villas, honestly, you can defend and attack at the same time, awesome.

DeletedUser

YallGotPwned, Why do you always quote me? :p
I agree with most things you've written:

Basic TW = knowing what each building does and the nooby basics, lol. As in knowing an axeman is made to attack, not defend.

Advanced = Scripts, Trains, Sniping, Great start-up and late game, good diplomacy skills, good talker (as you said somewhere about a pen beating a sword or something in a nice poem :p).

People with 0 ODA are noobs in my opinion and I have seen people who have never attacked, I tend to Noble them instantly though as they are normall point whores or not aggresive (Y).

Know what they are doing goes back to Basic TW skills.

DeletedUser

Read "the world" thread, see YallGotPwned's poem please.

DeletedUser

The first thing that must be done when talking about noobs is to not confuse a noob with a newbie, who is simply a beginner. We all start off as newbies, some people however go on to become elite players, others good players but a very big proportion simply become noobs.

Noobs have no desire to learn how to play the game well. In addition they log on to the game usually once a day and for a very brief amount of time, enough time to type up a one-line post asking for support because a decent player nearby them has decided to attack them. At that point they expect people to do all the work for them and save their poor little village.

Defining characteristics include:
-mixed villages
-offensive nukes with spears and swords
-purposely defending with offensive troops
-maxing out villages aka building all possible buildings
-inability to send good trains, snipe trains or backtime...
-basically inability to defend or attack properly
-nobling solely barbs
-no farming

This list is not exhaustive and not 100% correct, however, if you are describing a player with some of these characteristics you are most probably describing a "noob".

DeletedUser

People with 0 ODA are noobs in my opinion and I have seen people who have never attacked, I tend to Noble them instantly though as they are normall point whores or not aggresive (Y).

MMmmm i would call someone with high ODA and low points a noob, anyone can slaughter troops on a wall, knowing how to attack properly that you get the villa is more important

DeletedUser

lord dan win said:
Advanced = Scripts, Trains, Sniping, Great start-up and late game, good diplomacy skills, good talker (as you said somewhere about a pen beating a sword or something in a nice poem :p).
with the exception of trains and sniping, which I believe are a must-know and apply skill, the not doing or using of the other things you mention don't exactly make you a noob. Scripts simply mean you gain time, however you can still be an excellent player and not use scripts (don't get me wrong they help loads!). "Great start-ups and late game" are very situational and are usually the difference between a good player and an elite one. "good diplomacy skills and good talker" that's part of the definition of a good leader. "Noobs" are to my mind a more specific category of players.

khan the master said:
MMmmm i would call someone with high ODA and low points a noob, anyone can slaughter troops on a wall, knowing how to attack properly that you get the villa is more important
exactly, when you noble someone you're trying to take their village and in the process take as few casualties as possible so you can quickly move on to your next target without having to wait for you to retrain all the troops you lost. A high ODA isn't always good.

DeletedUser

Anyone with multiple villages who isn't using trains to conquer, but repeatedly sends out 1 noble.

DeletedUser

Inexperienced or stupid players.
If i dont wish to offend, i say newb, as that means Inexperienced.

DeletedUser

YallGotPwned, Why do you always quote me? :p
I agree with most things you've written:

Basic TW = knowing what each building does and the nooby basics, lol. As in knowing an axeman is made to attack, not defend.

Know what they are doing goes back to Basic TW skills.

My you learn quick ldw.

I had so much fun with you on W2 you n00b:icon_wink:

DeletedUser

The definition of noob = BChomper or indeed any of the NOOBS in Bi!

DeletedUser

Advanced = Scripts, Trains, Sniping, Great start-up and late game, good diplomacy skills, good talker.

-inability to send good trains, snipe trains or backtime...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

I've never used scripts, nor am i an expert on sniping as I've never really had any use of it yet, my trains sucks and i can't backtime properly as everyone else do with 1 village as i have never learned how before (So, had to find a new strategy in how to backtime with 1 village) ;w;

I think there is something inbetween noob and "expert", you should be able to be decent without having to be a great sniper or an exelent backtimer. No need to be a good talker either, it's the content that matters >.<

DeletedUser

is Average the term you prefer? :) There is something between Expert and Average, which is probably Good. But isnt this getting off topic O.O?

DeletedUser

is Average the term you prefer? :) There is something between Expert and Average, which is probably Good. But isnt this getting off topic O.O?

(nod)

And i dont think it is, it's all related to the subject :3