opera T method

• Thread starter Just to use the forums
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Ok, well this method is very well known in .net and probably a heap of other servers, I get 150ms trains every single time i use it.
I'm not sure what the max is for .co.uk but i'm sure you could reach it with this, Sorry no pics, but it works great.

sooks wrote:
sooks on 31.01. at 21:04 Quote Edit Delete
It only works on Opera

1) On your browser go to tools and preferences
2) Go into Advanced click on shortcuts
3) Single click on Opera standard in the Keyboard setup box and duplicate it
4) Rename this new setup "T train"
5) Now single click it and go to edit
6) Click Application and then New
7) In the box that shows up type the letter t (use the letter T as there isnt a shortcut that uses this key)
8) Now double click next to this in the blank space and type this EXACT text that is in bold:
Click button&Switch to next page
9) Now click ok and it will take you back to the advanced section
10) Make sure that you keyboard setup is highlighted by single clicking it and click ok

Now you are ready to go practice sending trains to a barb all you have to do is set your train up the usual way and right click the OK box on the last attack screen

Now its you choice you can press t 4 times quickly to send the train or open another tab of your village overview screen and while on that screen press and hold t.

It will auto scroll through all you tabs and press all the ok buttons.

sooks wrote:
and another thing that i forgot to write
please open and extra page in right of your other tabs and hold T from there
another page/train/train/train/train

Just thought i would post this here to help out

DeletedUser7325

Nauz can you please tell me is it perfectly legal to send trains with 10-20ms or less between attacks?

DeletedUser

Nauz can you please tell me is it perfectly legal to send trains with 10-20ms or less between attacks?

If not... Im in trouble... :icon_eek:

But it is perfectly legal, or a mod wouldn't tell you a better method ;)

DeletedUser

I'd also like to point out that the order can sometimes get messed up due to some connection lag, so it would always be a good idea to check your train order after launching.

Nauzhror

Reaction score

Very legal. The method above has been approved by ingame staff here and on .net.

I'd also like to point out that the order can sometimes get messed up due to some connection lag, so it would always be a good idea to check your train order after launching.

This is very true. The method sends fast trains, but pretty often it sends my nuke as the 2nd or third part of the train.

DeletedUser

Ok I am probably the noob here, but what do I need to do to select the tabs with opera 10.xx ?? cause it is different, but I can't figure it out

DeletedUser

I've sent a train and all the attack landed the same milisecond...

:974

When this happens sometimes it will show the nuke+noble hitting first, but then when the server update the order of the attacks will change, because they're landing on the same milisecond. It's like when you've got same amount of points as someone, and you're above them in rank, then the ranks update, then they appear above you in rank, and it keeps changing every time the server updates, so watch out for this xD If they're all landing the same ms, then cancel. There is 25% chance that the nuke+noble will land first. If you get the nuke+noble :001ms infront, then this won't happen :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

Ok I am probably the noob here, but what do I need to do to select the tabs with opera 10.xx ?? cause it is different, but I can't figure it out

in the top left hand corner of your screen you have a Q press on this go to settings-then follow the same sequence as above, hope this helps :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

This is taken from tribal forum. Can someone please tell me am I right? or are the other tribe members right?

Roger S on 28.05. at 23:39

May 28, 2010 23:57:26:384
May 28, 2010 23:57:26:388
May 28, 2010 23:57:26:408
May 28, 2010 23:57:26:446

this is about what my internet conection can manage :062 milliseconds for 4 attacks

XXXXXXX today at 00:52

thats illegal and could get you a ban, i have had warnings for multiple attacks that went under the time

XXXXXXXXXX today at 10:43

very true, they have to be 1/2 millisecond apart aint it?! under that is a indefinate ban/they will take some of your vills away!

Roger S today at 10:58

This is a quote from the external forum where this argument has been discussed before.

"THIS IS LEGAL THERE IS NO SPEED LIMIT ON TRAIN ON THE UK SERVER"

The only thing you would get banned for was if you were using a script that linked to your rally point to send trains at any speed, Using opera is totally legal as it is using tabs and shortcut buttons to send attacks.

DeletedUser

Uk Worlds 1 to 4 have no attack gap limit.
However future worlds on this server will have a 100ms limit between each attack

Nauzhror

Reaction score
This is taken from tribal forum. Can someone please tell me am I right? or are the other tribe members right?

Roger S on 28.05. at 23:39

May 28, 2010 23:57:26:384
May 28, 2010 23:57:26:388
May 28, 2010 23:57:26:408
May 28, 2010 23:57:26:446

this is about what my internet conection can manage :062 milliseconds for 4 attacks

XXXXXXX today at 00:52

thats illegal and could get you a ban, i have had warnings for multiple attacks that went under the time

XXXXXXXXXX today at 10:43

very true, they have to be 1/2 millisecond apart aint it?! under that is a indefinate ban/they will take some of your vills away!

Roger S today at 10:58

This is a quote from the external forum where this argument has been discussed before.

"THIS IS LEGAL THERE IS NO SPEED LIMIT ON TRAIN ON THE UK SERVER"

The only thing you would get banned for was if you were using a script that linked to your rally point to send trains at any speed, Using opera is totally legal as it is using tabs and shortcut buttons to send attacks.

No one should ever be punished on this server for their train being too fast. I do not know whether your tribemates were indeed warned for sending such attacks as they claim, but I do know that they should not have been.

The only worlds that will have limitations on train speeds will have hard-coded limitations that make your train be the legal speed, you still won't be warned or punished for sending too fast.

DeletedUser

No one should ever be punished on this server for their train being too fast. I do not know whether your tribemates were indeed warned for sending such attacks as they claim, but I do know that they should not have been.

The only worlds that will have limitations on train speeds will have hard-coded limitations that make your train be the legal speed, you still won't be warned or punished for sending too fast.

They may have been warned/banned for it on some .net worlds.

DeletedUser7217

Guys how do you do this on Mac using Opera, it is a bit different

DeletedUser

I use a Macbook pro and I just followed the procedure stated above.

There are only a few minor differences which are easy to sort out.

DeletedUser

apparently this method is illegal read: [not the normal t method but then with one click]

Thargoran
2010-05-17 14:43:53
That is not allowed, because it's manipulating a standard configuration and/or automating actions.

Best Regards,

Andreas/Thargoran
Forum Admin

DeletedUser1189

It should be illegal if it isn't, its scripting your rally point.

DeletedUser

Wow, this T method is brilliant!
I sent a train in under 200 MS every time!
Thanks a bunch to whoever made this up = )

Nauzhror

Reaction score
It should be illegal if it isn't, its scripting your rally point.

Not illegal. It's not "scripting", it's a built in setting in opera.

apparently this method is illegal read: [not the normal t method but then with one click]

Thargoran
2010-05-17 14:43:53
That is not allowed, because it's manipulating a standard configuration and/or automating actions.

Best Regards,

Andreas/Thargoran
Forum Admin

Mmmm, will talk to Tharg about that, but shouldn't be any different since the T method in general manipulates the standard configuration as well. The only difference is one way you hold down T, and the other way you only need to tap it.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

See that, it is a script no matter which way you look at it or try to argue it as an inbuilt feature of opera. You even need to program your opera browser with that scripted information yourself to make the button do what you want it. If it was a built in setting you would tick a check box and turn it on, not program it yourself.

Technically, "click button" and "switch to next page" are built in features which you can add