Server Time

DeletedUser

Hi all. Thought I'd break this forum in with a question.

Is it intended that the ST at .co.uk is the same as .net (I.e., not on GMT)?

Just wondering, because it has a lot of significance for the night bonus. Instead of being midnight to 0800 GMT, it's in fact 11pm to 7am. Admittedly, better for school age children, but appears significantly worse for working adults, and college-age to older teenagers.

Anyway, it's good for me either way, I just assumed ST would match the timezone of the country on region versions. :)

DeletedUser

you know i was thinking the same thing, Can't we have english time just normal GMT, seeing as the server is english. But i think its not as simple as changeing the time, i dont know alot about programming but i think the whole game runs on the time and putting it back an hour will put everything back an hour.

Thats just my view ^

i wrote that and re-read the post? ST time? all times are GMT + 1?.

Fury

DeletedUser

Currently on all coutry versions, time is shown by the location of where the servers are.

DeletedUser

And the servers are all in Germany.

Okay thanks,

Do you think we can get a change?
just makes it easyer really. so that we can work all the times out to our relative time and not +1 (im just lazy).

Fury

DeletedUser

Currently on all coutry versions, time is shown by the location of where the servers are.
Ah, right. So that means that for a lot of them the servers aren't in Germany? That makes sense - I knew a lot of the servers had different times, but assumed they all had German servers.

EDIT:
And the servers are all in Germany.
Either you're wrong, or mccorn is. Because I can grab a couple of examples of different server times right now.

DeletedUser14

Either you're wrong, or mccorn is. Because I can grab a couple of examples of different server times right now.
I could be wrong, but im pretty sure all the servers are in Germany, although because of the GameForge thing some of them maybe held in other countries.

Im fairly positive that this version is hosted in Germany though.

DeletedUser

Look at it this way.

In game, the time is currently 12:10. On the forum, the default time is currently 11:10. Look in your forum account details and you'll see the default forum time is GMT+1, so in game must be GMT+2.

DeletedUser14

Look at it this way.

In game, the time is currently 12:10. On the forum, the default time is currently 11:10. Look in your forum account details and you'll see the default forum time is GMT+1, so in game must be GMT+2.
Nope, GMT is 11:12 right now, so in-game is still just GMT+1

DeletedUser

Gr:13:13:42 04/06/2009
Net:12:13:58 04/06/2009
Here:12:14:06 04/06/2009

And the Greek server is located in Germany to,Mozilla flag(or something like this)says so.

DeletedUser

My guess is that the times would be in sync if it wasn't for the delay between copying down the times.

DeletedUser

I wanted to show the Greek server is +2 and the other two +1 actually :) .

DeletedUser54

Server Time is +2 GMT during daylight saving in Germany and +1 GMT when there is no daylight saving. No more.

Forum time however is always +1 GMT.

DeletedUser

My guess is that the times would be in sync if it wasn't for the delay between copying down the times.
:icon_rolleyes:

I take it you're not noticing the seconds between them, and the hour between us (And the Germans) and the Greeks.

DeletedUser

:icon_rolleyes:

I take it you're not noticing the seconds between them, and the hour between us (And the Germans) and the Greeks.

I was offering an explanation ahead of time for why the seconds would be out of sync, in case any new player reading the thread may be curious or confused.

DeletedUser76

What happened to this world being GMT then? :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

I think this world should be on Australian time just to piss everyone off and so we get teh night bonuzzz ^_^

It should be interesting if enough players from .net with completely contrasting timezones to the United Kingdom decide to come here and give it a go.

It'll be like colonization all over again.