[IMPORTANT] ARMY CAMP INFORMATION

DeletedUser6726

[tt]When I have an answer on this I will let you know at present I do not[/tt]

I quite like the donation system, is there a way that this could be kept??

The idea behind this is that a tribe could store coins for either a Duke or Baron to dish out to members if they are struggling for resources to build nobles, and aid front line players in building nobles to take out enemy front lines quicker

DeletedUser

[tt]They are being removed due to the effect on game speed, it has been reduced since the camps have been brought in, and the amount of usage of them not just on this server but across all servers, has been so low that the effect v's usage does not balance[/tt]

Then TW should make use of the premium they are paid and reprogramme TribalWars, and make some capital investment in their product. Its more expensive, but produces a better product, which will be more satisfying to consumers.

There is absolutely no excuse to say the speed of the server is going down; simply reprogramme it and get the speed back up. It only requires something called "willpower" and a bit of effort, and all will be happy.

Thank goodness I quit. :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser4

Then TW should make use of the premium they are paid and reprogramme TribalWars, and make some capital investment in their product. Its more expensive, but produces a better product, which will be more satisfying to consumers.

There is absolutely no excuse to say the speed of the server is going down; simply reprogramme it and get the speed back up. It only requires something called "willpower" and a bit of effort, and all will be happy.

Thank goodness I quit. :icon_neutral:

[tt]I understand what your saying, and at a guess I would say that this would have been done if the overall usage of the army camp feature was what they originally expected it to be. However as I have already stated this isn't the case, the number used per day since the start has been so small that the feature does not warrant the investment to improve the effects had on the speed of the game.

In all my time being with Tribal wars, both as a CM and player this is the first time that I can honestly remember a feature not working and being removed. The developers try very hard to ensure that they make improvements to the game, but sometimes decisions have to be made which everyone isn't happy about this being one of them. The features has not worked, or been used as first thought, and no further development or improvement will take place. The negative effect they have had on the overall game speed of all worlds, not just army camp worlds, is such that the only sensible answer to this issue is its full removal. We can only apologise for this but hope that you can understand that this decision has been taken in the best interests of the future development of the game.[/tt]

DeletedUser

I quite like the donation system, is there a way that this could be kept??

The idea behind this is that a tribe could store coins for either a Duke or Baron to dish out to members if they are struggling for resources to build nobles, and aid front line players in building nobles to take out enemy front lines quicker

Would be a nice idea, but limits would have to be put in place so a tribe couldn't push one player to the top.

Maybe it could have a cap on the amount you can give out in a certain time period. Could also have it as a feature implmented late game. Maybe even have a points limit where if you go over, you can't recieve any mmore coins. Then you could help new small players

DeletedUser

[tt]I understand what your saying, and at a guess I would say that this would have been done if the overall usage of the army camp feature was what they originally expected it to be. However as I have already stated this isn't the case, the number used per day since the start has been so small that the feature does not warrant the investment to improve the effects had on the speed of the game.[/tt]
Well with the way army camps were set up on W4 it was sort of obvious that not many of them would have been used, but only at the beginning. First of all it takes 1m tribal points to be able to construct one, not to mention the amount of coins needed. At the beginning of the world that is a lot, now its nothing. Also it takes time to be able to use an army camp effectively. Also at this point in UK4 its much easier to fill up an army camp as opposed to when tribes first hit the 1m landmark. It's obvious that army camps up until not that long ago weren't going to be used that much. Like with any new feature it takes time to get accustomed with it and to start being able to use it to its maximum potential. And until one is able to do that it's also obvious that they will be less used. But now that tribes are getting pretty big and wars involve nuking completely stacked frontlines, army camps add a new dimension to these mid/late world wars. I'm sure you'll have seen a recent surge in the amount of army camps being used these last few weeks. Army camps early on aren't very practical and their effectiveness increases over time.

Were developers expecting many army camps to be used early on? Because if they were, they clearly didn't take into account many factors when making that prediction.

People have already underlined pretty well how this decision to get rid of them is a lack of respect towards those who pay to play this game, in addition to being a highly unprofessional decision and showing how the people behind this decision have treated their customers with utter contempt.

You're not going to use them on any future world, but don't get rid of them on worlds where they are already are in use.

DeletedUser

As has been quoted many times before when people complain that they think UK worlds should be more like .net worlds, "This isn't .net". So surely we could be a little different and have a world with army camps in?

DeletedUser

Very well put Mrlucaboy!!! There is no feasible way that we could have used camps from the start of the world. 1 million points takes a while to earn. Then the issue of 100 coins on top of that.

I would like to see the statistics on how many army camps have been used in this world. Then let's compare that to the time when the first tribe reached 1mil points... I think that was IHate at the time. WET was one of the first tribes to construct an army camp and we taught others about their usage and what was required etc. etc.

Seeing facts I am sure would jog some additional thinking.

I aslo like BattleAxe's statement of adding additional constraints to the camps. Surely this is all an option given the fact we didn't have a say so whatsoever!!!

DeletedUser7210

I have not personally used an army camp yet and forsee no need to do so in the short term future. I believe that they are a valuable asset to the world especially as players/tribes grow to an excess and wars will be fought on many fronts. My experience i will admit is limited on them and what i have found so far is that many times they are used for players own personal advancement and not the tribes. I also find that those who contribute nothing or very little towards them are the ones who shout the loudest to use them. The notion of camps in this world( and other future ones) i believe has massive potential but at this stage is working on a flawed system. In my own opinion they should be
1. coin donated in accordance to the size of the tribe (as in nobles for villages)
2. if a player wishes to use one, then they must have a minimum contribution of coins towards providing them
3. they should be available at lower points in the future to help/hinder opposing tribes in the early stages
4. english instructions should be readily available instead of trying to translate german
5. would a proxy vote on walls for the camps be an option?

DeletedUser

@ tracey

do you know if this feature is being permanently dropped, or might we see army camps coming back in a revised form at some point? they were one of the best innovations for years, i hope whatever it is about them that upsets innogames can be sorted out.

DeletedUser4

@ tracey

do you know if this feature is being permanently dropped, or might we see army camps coming back in a revised form at some point? they were one of the best innovations for years, i hope whatever it is about them that upsets innogames can be sorted out.

[tt]Im sorry to say its perm you will not be seeing army camps returning[/tt]

DeletedUser

bit of a shame i think my tribe (W.I.P) havnt even got to the mill points to use the camps yet witch we would use we wont reach it in time witch is poo, the only reason i joined this world is for the use of army camps and not even going to get the chance thanx:mad:

its a bit crappy for the tribes that want to use them dont see why they should be removed i dont use mass recuitment dose that mean you will take that from us as well??

DeletedUser

bit of a shame i think my tribe (W.I.P) havnt even got to the mill points to use the camps yet witch we would use we wont reach it in time witch is poo, the only reason i joined this world is for the use of army camps and not even going to get the chance thanx:mad:
if you have the coins and a location ready i'll join your tribe for five minutes so you can have a go.

DeletedUser

nar thats cool dude just think they shouldnt be able to give us the use of something (army camps) then just decide cause not all tribe use them to get rid, silly if you ask me im thinking of just quiting w4 now as of it and work on w6 and i pay for my premium every month whats that moneybeing used for they say its to inprove it more like just to line there pockets :icon_evil:

DeletedUser

nar thats cool dude just think they shouldnt be able to give us the use of something (army camps) then just decide cause not all tribe use them to get rid, silly if you ask me im thinking of just quiting w4 now as of it and work on w6 and i pay for my premium every month whats that moneybeing used for they say its to inprove it more like just to line there pockets :icon_evil:

A huge thing like army camp means an extra charge for the shervers, if it isn't used that much that's just a waste. It's a shame that some people who do use army camps become the victim of this decission.

DeletedUser

It is used now, and a lot, it's just at the beginning that it isn't for reasons that I have already pointed out. To me it seems as though innogames, with regards to its use, are simply looking at the first few months of this world and not thinking simply how useful and used it is late game and thus coming to the conclusion (an incorrect one) that it is a waste.

DeletedUser

Agreed. Is there any chance that their withdrawal could be postponed until after christmas? I am sure that by then we would be building new army camps every day.

DeletedUser

A huge thing like army camp means an extra charge for the shervers, if it isn't used that much that's just a waste. It's a shame that some people who do use army camps become the victim of this decission.

dose this mean premuim points will go back to the old way as we pay alot more now for a month then i did when i started playing in 09 and that is the only dif i can see between w1 and w4 as we the players who pay are the ones paying for the extra charges aint we ????

DeletedUser

dose this mean premuim points will go back to the old way as we pay alot more now for a month then i did when i started playing in 09 and that is the only dif i can see between w1 and w4 as we the players who pay are the ones paying for the extra charges aint we ????

Things like premium, features and other ingame stuff are choices of InnoGames GmbH ;)