I ponder on Diplomacy

DeletedUser8687

I pee on diplomacy,

Like the tribe, great line up! far away from me and has the iron fist of ruffus. But i would like to start a debate on Diplomacy. Everybody knows the ruffus stance on diplomacy but is it wise?

Of course you shouldnt be going around Napping or allying with everybody that attacks but wouldnt it be ok to work with one good chosen ally?

Look at world 6, the ruffus tribe GOLD. Great tribe number 1 for most of the world and looked like winning it. However They were disbanded to due to a few also great enemies. RK & Jbox and smeg to name a few. Ruffus wasnt here it this point I dont think but it makes you wonder, diplomacy is important for survival in this game imo especially for the number 1 tribe as they are at the recieving end of a coalition.

Not all worlds create the sort of competition that RK and Jbox brought to GOLD so you have to analyze a world before deciding whether to have ties or not.

Ok i have thought out loud enough,

Whats your views?

DeletedUser

Personally I'm an advocate for less diplomacy. The more you rely on other tribes to back you up the weaker your own tribe becomes. I've only seen perhaps a couple of alliances that were truly equal. If your own tribe is good enough then you shouldn't need to be looking to other tribes for help.

DeletedUser

lmao at diplomacy on .co.uk
Have you seen how small the worlds are? xD

DeletedUser1410

OK my thougts.

Start up
I cannot see the point in having any Dip in the first few months or until tribe have started to noble, which is usually with in 2/3 weeks of a world opening. So to have NAP's Allies at this stage slows your tribe growth and will stop you from getting any hold on your K/K's

Nobles are out
If you come across a tribe that has a similar growth to your tribe and a NAP would be the best to stop a silly war at the beginning of the world then go for it. But most K's will only have 1 or 2 tribes that will be there in the end, so why not fight it out.

End Game
By end game there will be 6/8 tribes fighting it out, so why not get an Ally to take the smaller ones out then have the last 2 tribes fight it out.

Saying all this every world is different, but I usually try to stay away from any dip in the first few months until everything has settled down. And as some peeps that have been in my last few tribes will know A Ruffus tribe always seems to get an allies against it so dip is even harder lol

Just my thoughts on Gold.

They could have been the tribe to beat at the end, but RL and other things got in the way, and the fact that it was players, playing in a tribe not a tribe playing as a tribe, Thats just my thoughts, and wish no disrespect to any one in Gold.

respect to all

Ruffus

DeletedUser8687

OK my thougts.

Start up
I cannot see the point in having any Dip in the first few months or until tribe have started to noble, which is usually with in 2/3 weeks of a world opening. So to have NAP's Allies at this stage slows your tribe growth and will stop you from getting any hold on your K/K's

Nobles are out
If you come across a tribe that has a similar growth to your tribe and a NAP would be the best to stop a silly war at the beginning of the world then go for it. But most K's will only have 1 or 2 tribes that will be there in the end, so why not fight it out.

End Game
By end game there will be 6/8 tribes fighting it out, so why not get an Ally to take the smaller ones out then have the last 2 tribes fight it out.

Saying all this every world is different, but I usually try to stay away from any dip in the first few months until everything has settled down. And as some peeps that have been in my last few tribes will know A Ruffus tribe always seems to get an allies against it so dip is even harder lol

They could have been the tribe to beat at the end, but RL and other things got in the way, and the fact that it was players, playing in a tribe not a tribe playing as a tribe, Thats just my thoughts, and wish no disrespect to any one in Gold.

respect to all

Ruffus

Couldnt agree more!!

in world 7 I had a tribe within the first few hours offer me the chance of an alliance to take ove the world, all because we were 1st in the K and they were 2nd :lol:

as soon as you see start up diplo eat them!

I should add, For me diplomacy is the same as nobling a barb (dont confuse with barb munching!). you have to look at the situation and different situations have different solutions. In short, there is no wrong or right. Just do what you have to too win in any given situation.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1511

OK my thougts.

Start up

Nobles are out

End Game

respect to all

Ruffus
See i completely disagree. I think that is the difference between an ok tribal leader, and a great leader and a mediocore player and a good player.
A good player will know that diplomacy is the best option, heck i would say i would use more diplomacy at the start up stage than at any other point. Now we are not talking about any great alliances where you share skype and forums. I am talking about using up noobs for D. Start up world, when we met the winning conditions we had a lot of noobs try to suicide on us for 24 hours, we were prepared, and had got over 2 full villages worth of D from noobs around us, with no tribal support :)

That very same world, we avoided a 10 tribe coalition gang-bang with cats, due to Pervis being a good leader and using diplomacy. Nope(the tribe) went on to win hp 7, and i won the actual player conditions.

That is the difference, at start up premades will usualy want to maximize the distance between players, but have enough distance to cotrain major threats. This means due to the tribe having a larger spread, and lets be honest a good tribe will be obvious at start up when it holds most of the top 20 spots, you will need a lot of D and good diplomacy to avoid a gang bang. I mean seriously only a noob doesnt value the important of diplomacy at startup. Later on any good tribe will have such a lead, that they can simply manipulate wars, without needing to be heavy on Diplomacy :)

DeletedUser1410

lol And it shows to me If I said' we will have loads of Dip at the start you would say the other way.
Go back to what ever world you play on, and troll that lol

DeletedUser1511

lol And it shows to me If I said' we will have loads of Dip at the start you would say the other way.
Go back to what ever world you play on, and troll that lol

No i am being serious. Ask any good leader, diplomacy is important at startup, how can i troll the truth?

Everything i posted there was true......

DeletedUser8687

No i am being serious. Ask any good leader, diplomacy is important at startup, how can i troll the truth?

Everything i posted there was true......

Tbh I hate having diplomacy at start up, But in world 7 we had a coalition against us as well lol having contacts in the right places and good diplomacy turned things round tho. i wouldnt want to use a tribe so therefore I wouldnt just ally to dig us out of a hole and I like to put a great deal of thought before allying but theres more to diplomacy than Ally, NAP and WAR :icon_cool:

DeletedUser1511

Tbh I hate having diplomacy at start up, But in world 7 we had a coalition against us as well lol having contacts in the right places and good diplomacy turned things round tho. i wouldnt want to use a tribe so therefore I wouldnt just ally to dig us out of a hole and I like to put a great deal of thought before allying but theres more to diplomacy than Ally, NAP and WAR :icon_cool:

Real alliances are a waste of time. Diplomacy is only useful for getting what you need done. If you want to play with someone invite them to your tribe. Everyone else is just an enemy.

DeletedUser

Well my general belief on diplomacy is that everything that is not in tribe or allied is an enemy. the purple NAP color is more just a great color for highlighting low priority targets.

As for diplomacy i tend to find 1 ally i like and who has good positioning in relation to my tribe and stick with them till end game and fight it out. Worked for me on numerous worlds in the past and makes for an interesting endgame when the time comes along too.

DeletedUser

Every situation holds a different counter action. Manipulation of surrounding area in order to save your own and tribes skin is as good as any measure, if so, you loose less resources and suffer less casualties, thus you don't really stall your own growth. To exclude "diplomacy" because of some stereotypes within the community or some principles can bite you back.

DeletedUser

Diplomacy during start up should be a sin!... at least wait for a while after start up.

In my eyes less diplomacy is more... i like to have one ally by my side which i can rely on 100%.

DeletedUser1511

Diplomacy during start up should be a sin!... at least wait for a while after start up.

In my eyes less diplomacy is more... i like to have one ally by my side which i can rely on 100%.

Lol yet another person who ibviously doesn't know how to play the game :lol:

DeletedUser

umm ... Diplomacy ...

not worth the paper its written on :icon_redface:

DeletedUser6932

Lol yet another person who ibviously doesn't know how to play the game :lol:

I think you are incorrect here dude. I may not be the most experienced around the world of tw but will throw my tuppence in the fold.

Alliances are as useful as Naps can be gone at the drop of a hat i do not see the difference. Although as said above if you can rely on a tribe 100% kudos to you. Prime example w1 T4h and W1N they have been allies since the birth of t4h and have been the two most successful tribes on w1 cannot argue there.

But T4h have always allied to there enemy before they declare "keep your friends close your enemies closer", without SMART diplomacy W1N would have failed a long long time ago the world would be completely different.

Diplomacy is a bad thing allying left right and center. As is declaring on everything in sight.

Smart diplomacy and a friendly diplomat is not a bad thing. Using diplomacy for the future is a smart thing.

DeletedUser

Start-up 0 diplomacy in your main K. Start-up is the time where individual players/accounts have their time anyway. This is the time where it is each individual's job to clear his 15x5 of all but 1 or 2 noble targets, and then of course noble his noble targets.
Only reason for diplomacy before nobles is if you are getting eaten, and if you are your a fail tribe anyway.

Nobling Once nobling comes out, you'll really start to see who is worth diplomacy and who isn't. This imho is where you need to use your head. If there is decent spacing with your tribe and you are already dominating your area sometimes you can get away without it. I prefer to get to know the other tribes and only ally with a tribe in my K if they are of similar skill level. (I will never ally with a mass recruiting tribe, which are still obvious at this stage of the game.)

End Game Diplomacy plays a big part here as evidenced by GOLD on uk6. Seems the goal is have someone else clean out the little guys, or team up on the little guys, leaving 2 tribes to hopefully gang up on the remaining larger tribe.

DeletedUser1511

Start-up 0 diplomacy in your main K. Start-up is the time where individual players/accounts have their time anyway. This is the time where it is each individual's job to clear his 15x5 of all but 1 or 2 noble targets, and then of course noble his noble targets.
Only reason for diplomacy before nobles is if you are getting eaten, and if you are your a fail tribe anyway.

Nobling Once nobling comes out, you'll really start to see who is worth diplomacy and who isn't. This imho is where you need to use your head. If there is decent spacing with your tribe and you are already dominating your area sometimes you can get away without it. I prefer to get to know the other tribes and only ally with a tribe in my K if they are of similar skill level. (I will never ally with a mass recruiting tribe, which are still obvious at this stage of the game.)

End Game Diplomacy plays a big part here as evidenced by GOLD on uk6. Seems the goal is have someone else clean out the little guys, or team up on the little guys, leaving 2 tribes to hopefully gang up on the remaining larger tribe.

Man you are a clown. Clearing the 15x15, and 0 diplomacy. Does anyone on .uk know how to play this game :lol: