I ponder on Diplomacy

DeletedUser1511

Well you have to wonder, is someone a good leader because they get big name players? I don't think you can say anyone is a better leader. Leading isn't the same as playing, when you farm and noble, and do all the necessities that come with it. Leading is an art, playing TW is a hobby or addiction. Most likely addiction that you deny and say sucks (wardy ;P).

That has nothing to do with "big names". Heck most so called big names are not 1/2 as hood as their legacy. However there or not someone gets big names or not, does not change whether or not diplomacy is an important thing. Whether or not they use diplomacy is personal preferance.
So this still means ruffus sucks :lol:

DeletedUser6695

I think you should leave ruffus alone, you big bully :(

tbf it was an opinion thread on diplomacy and he gave his opinion

DeletedUser1511

I think you should leave ruffus alone, you big bully :(

tbf it was an opinion thread on diplomacy and he gave his opinion

Yeah and i had a friend who jumped off a roof because he thought Gravity was a conception made up by the science establishment to control society. So he jumped off a roof because in his opnion if he freed his mind he could fly. Fell down broke most bones in his body, now we just call him dumbass.

Stating an opnion doesnt mean said opnion isnt dumb. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser6932

Yeah and i had a friend who jumped off a roof because he thought Gravity was a conception made up by the science establishment to control society. So he jumped off a roof because in his opnion if he freed his mind he could fly. Fell down broke most bones in his body, now we just call him dumbass.

Stating an opnion doesnt mean said opnion isnt dumb. :icon_wink:

Dude your posts are like watching paint dry repetitive and boring.... YAWN Your like a broken record....

We have heard your opinion on diplo now stop trolling others. I use to the externals to learn from logical posters and for a bit f entertainment, I regret to inform you are neither.

Ruffus has ran three top tribes on uk server if I'm correct and how many have you ran on uk server???? This is not .net before you bang on about tribes there if I wanted to hear about .net I would read there externals......

DeletedUser

Dude your posts are like watching paint dry repetitive and boring.... YAWN Your like a broken record....

We have heard your opinion on diplo now stop trolling others. I use to the externals to learn from logical posters and for a bit f entertainment, I regret to inform you are neither.

Ruffus has ran three top tribes on uk server if I'm correct and how many have you ran on uk server???? This is not .net before you bang on about tribes there if I wanted to hear about .net I would read there externals......

wardy doesn't lead. :icon_rolleyes:
Mattcurr agrees with wardy. I agree with wardy. I've lead 2 rank 1 tribes early game. Matt has lead something like 4.
Then of course, the leader of Rumble would agree with wardy. Remember that tribe? UK3, best tribe to grace co.uk, pervis's leadership style is similar to the one we are talking about.

Quite simply, wardy is right, but because of the way he posts no one cares to actual learn from him, for fear of agreeing with a troll, which he isn't, as he could care less what your reactions are.

DeletedUser1511

Dude you obviously need to learn to read. I don lead tribes. When did i ever bang on about any tribes i have ever lead, i have lead 1 and never mentioned it.

Ruffus has lead top tribes!!!!!!1. Man you are a joke

DeletedUser

You can show tribes that fail. Sure, they failed because they sucked. Show good tribes tribes that showed the same policies. That werent on little backwater worlds like world 4.uk. BI and those joke tribes are trash.

You dont profess to be a tw god. Well depending on what you define a tw as. If one could exist they would tell you the same thing we are. Wonder why?

Because we be right, you are wrong.
We are right because we are better than you. Then end.

Top 20 2 times!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

Dude, you have never lead a top 20 tribe. Your opinion on diplomacy is trash.

I HAVE lead a top 20 tribe, it was from scratch not a premade even. The world is young, go ahead and try to do what I did. YOU CAN"T.

I am only talking from experience, the reason my tribe fell apart was because of diplomacy. Obviously I made mistakes, the tribe isn't around anymore, but I do have the distinction of being the longest running original tribe on uk4.

Look, the thread is about diplomacy, not whether your better because you were number 1 on some world.

DeletedUser1511

I HAVE lead a top 20 tribe, it was from scratch not a premade even. The world is young, go ahead and try to do what I did. YOU CAN"T.

I am only talking from experience, the reason my tribe fell apart was because of diplomacy. Obviously I made mistakes, the tribe isn't around anymore, but I do have the distinction of being the longest running original tribe on uk4.

Look, the thread is about diplomacy, not whether your better because you were number 1 on some world.
I have lead a tribe once. It was rank 3. Mid game. Its not hard to lead. The tribe was called F-meh! on world 41.net. Wasnt fun to be honest.
So there goes your point ?

DeletedUser

I have lead a tribe once. It was rank 3. Mid game. Its not hard to lead. The tribe was called F-meh! on world 41.net. Wasnt fun to be honest.
So there goes your point ?

Did you have diplomacy in the first 3 days? Before nobles?

And yeah, leading is no fun. That's why I cba to do it anymore.

DeletedUser8740

Hmm.

I have lead a grand total of 4 top 3 tribes, managed to get rank 1 several times playing solo (in rebuttal to the Ruffus omg Wardy co's argument) and have to say I completely agree with Wardy's views on diplomacy.

DeletedUser1511

Did you have diplomacy in the first 3 days? Before nobles?

And yeah, leading is no fun. That's why I cba to do it anymore.
Man. Now i see why i kept thinking you sounded like an idiot. It seems you dont understand what diplomacy is, no wonder you find it difficult to argue about its purpose.

DeletedUser

Man. Now i see why i kept thinking you sounded like an idiot. It seems you dont understand what diplomacy is, no wonder you find it difficult to argue about its purpose.

Don't tell me your arguing semantics now.

(A) I am using the generally accepted tw definition of diplomacy. If you want to argue what that is then go find a different thread and troll there.

(B) I give you props on the bait and switch, but would you kindly answer the question and prove how nooby I am oh-great-one.

Seriously, please tell me how your tribe became so great due to your start up diplomacy. I mean geeze that is the point of the thread after-all isn't it?

DeletedUser8202

With Diplomacy i might not be the Best Tribe leader thats existed but i understand the need for diplomacy
I would tend to start Looking for potential Allies (please forgive any spelling mistakes i make) just before nobles are due to start being used, then i would approach the best on these tribes ive had my eye on for diplomacy, if they prove more on a hinderance to my members growth i would cancel the alliance but not declare war, i would then look further afield maybe in a K next door? and Ask one of the top tribes in there if they would be interested in being allies

I use Non agression Pacts Now and then For they do have a Few use's i suppose, but im not one for having 10 tribes on allies and 10 on NAP, id rather keep it 1 on allies and 1-2 Maximum on non agression pact

DeletedUser

All this proves to me is that .co.uk has crappy players and tribes. This is like tw on training wheals.

DeletedUser2918

you see - this type of comment just annoys me ^^ I've seen it posted before and to be honest to the people who think that then why on earth do you continue to play .uk?? I'm quite sure the people who do play are happy in 'crappy .uk'

and on topic - i dont think there's any absolutes in this diplomacy discussion.....bar 1. The only rule imo that should be followed is that diplomacy should only be used if it benefits your tribes growth. Conversely the diplomacy should cease it it limits the growth of your players. This may mean that you have allies/enemies pre-nobles or not depending on the circumstances in your K and the way you want to play the game. There's a difference between having diplomacy for the sake of it and diplomacy that aids the overall strategy (growth/direction of expansion etc) as a leader you've set for your tribe. So to say always have diplomacy during start up is wrong.....as is saying never have this.

some tribes have done rather well going the route that Wardy states, and other tribes have done well going down the other route.

From a personal perspective i always try and do some diplomacy during start up - but this is more on an individual level with PA's etc than on a tribal level.

DeletedUser1511

Don't tell me your arguing semantics now.

(A) I am using the generally accepted tw definition of diplomacy. If you want to argue what that is then go find a different thread and troll there.

(B) I give you props on the bait and switch, but would you kindly answer the question and prove how nooby I am oh-great-one.

Seriously, please tell me how your tribe became so great due to your start up diplomacy. I mean geeze that is the point of the thread after-all isn't it?

Choosing who you are attack is diplomacy.Making sure your members dont get gang banged by the local noob tribes is diplomacy.
If you think diplomacy is limited to making the tribe markings in your tribe. You are ignorant.

But to answer your question, no. I made my tribe pretty late, when i joined the an account only to see all the tribes in the area sucked so i made one at around the 70k stage. But yes diplomacy was the reason we were able to grow efficently

DeletedUser

Does diplomacy really have a role this early on into the game?

I mean, I've always found that tribes don't really come together until much later, or if you've planned it well and have a good core of members.

Most people are simply hiding behind the combined points value of any given tribe, and your average player will pretty much work alone and will not help out. The standard tribe is drowned with 'alliances' and 'NAPs' and is merely a confederacy of villages which hide behind the facade of each others' protection (of which there is none). When the leader says jump, most members reply with "ugh, I'm too tired to jump" or "sorry, I can't" etc etc. Clearly a few players will bounce back with "dude, what the hell, I've been jumping non-stop since the beginning of the world" but the majority of players are not like this.

So what is the point of diplomacy if your tribe is not really a tribe? Absolutely nothing. In my honest opinion, I think that to create successful alliances the leaders of the tribes need to have a decent discussion on Skype to formalise the arrangement, along with the creation of a shared forum etc.

Once people start sending noble trains and actually have the ability to wipe people off the face of the map (well, to the rim) then and only then do I think that diplomatic relations actually have a real meaning.