Well.. that may have just ruined UK8

DeletedUser7369

i am not sure that wkd ever had as many as 40 members however i may be wrong on that and dont care to check. There were a few toys thrown from prams (not JUST a dig at will here) resulting in some leaving ipod. Others realised they could not manage a solo account so merged and others realised that they wanted to HAVE a real life.

DeletedUser

hi chris i see youve been missing me so i'll comment jus for you :D

yeah as jp says we aint had 40 members for a long while in ever and as the tribe recruiter i could easily have done what every other tribe is doing and recruit standard or substandard players which i didnt so our member count did drop as player rl got busy or merged etc as with any other world however this merge was not just for the sake of member counts i would have been happy to stay a 20 member tribe in the top 3 tribe in the world with highest points per player however due to ipods caliber of player thier location and alot of our players having previous interaction from other worlds with thier this seemed a good move all round

There are good players in ipod and WKD no doubt about it and they deserve my utmost respect but there are also a lot of fanboys though who hide behind there tribemates reputation. Weakness in the core of the tribe, pretty sure we know who they are
we have a lot of skilled experienced players in our tribe now and noobs if any are at a minimal unless you count the ones we keep around for pets or trianing them up :D

DeletedUser

So they pee on diplomacy yet still go ahead and merge? Interesting...

Nauzhror

Reaction score
So they pee on diplomacy yet still go ahead and merge? Interesting...

I found that amusing as well, it's not that the move was necessarily a bad decision from a strategic standpoint, but it sure doesn't match with the tribe's supposed ideals given the name.

DeletedUser6695

Tbh the merge was always on the cards, especially with all the gangbang rumours floating around

DeletedUser

well they could have a good chance at winning the world by being the 1st to 50 million points, but there might be an anti-ipod coalition against them now

DeletedUser1410

I found that amusing as well, it's not that the move was necessarily a bad decision from a strategic standpoint, but it sure doesn't match with the tribe's supposed ideals given the name.

Jeeez

Its a namje
Like Ruffus or Fate or Madmonk lol
so what get over it and play the game instead of second or third guessing the reasons behind any and everything lol

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Jeeez

Its a namje
so what get over it and play the game instead of second or third guessing the reasons behind any and everything lol

Generally tribes pick names based on their ideals. Would you expect a tribe named 'Diplomacy Is For The Weak' to have a bunch of alliances? I wouldn't, and if they did, I'd consider them to be hypocritical, or to be admitting that they thought they were weak.

DeletedUser1410

well they could have a good chance at winning the world by being the 1st to 50 million points, but there might be an anti-ipod coalition against them now

As Luca has said theres always a coalition against the top tribe/s
This world is no different from any other
tribes come and go, merges happen and tribes disband
Thats just part of the game, and I use to it by now

DeletedUser6695

Generally tribes pick names based on their ideals. Would you expect a tribe named 'Diplomacy Is For The Weak' to have a bunch of alliances? I wouldn't, and if they did, I'd consider them to be hypocritical, or to be admitting that they thought they were weak.

No matter what way you look at I Pee On Diplomacy it would be hypocritical no?

Isnt being enemies with someone a diplomatic relation?

DeletedUser

It's a great idea. So you all think there's no diplomacy, declare war safe in the belief that the tribe is going to be on it's own and suddenly find that it's got support far out of the means of the tribe itself? Hmmmmmm I like this tactic :D

DeletedUser

Jeeez

Its a namje

But it's not just a name. It reflects your view on diplomacy:

OK my thougts.

Start up
I cannot see the point in having any Dip in the first few months or until tribe have started to noble, which is usually with in 2/3 weeks of a world opening. So to have NAP's Allies at this stage slows your tribe growth and will stop you from getting any hold on your K/K's

Nobles are out
If you come across a tribe that has a similar growth to your tribe and a NAP would be the best to stop a silly war at the beginning of the world then go for it. But most K's will only have 1 or 2 tribes that will be there in the end, so why not fight it out.

End Game
By end game there will be 6/8 tribes fighting it out, so why not get an Ally to take the smaller ones out then have the last 2 tribes fight it out.

Saying all this every world is different, but I usually try to stay away from any dip in the first few months until everything has settled down. And as some peeps that have been in my last few tribes will know A Ruffus tribe always seems to get an allies against it so dip is even harder lol

Just my thoughts on Gold.

They could have been the tribe to beat at the end, but RL and other things got in the way, and the fact that it was players, playing in a tribe not a tribe playing as a tribe, Thats just my thoughts, and wish no disrespect to any one in Gold.

respect to all

Ruffus

Neither myself nor Nauz are questioning whether merging was a good option or not, merely pointing out the hypocrisy of an anti-diplomacy tribe going on to then merge. Fair play for merge; not so much on contradicting yourself.

Also, just because you mark enemies on the diplomacy tab in tribalwars doesn't make enemies a form of diplomacy. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser6695

AP that's different marking a tribe and actually declaring war.

But the latter would be classed as diplomacy, hence no matter what way you look at it ruff is a hypocrite :p

DeletedUser6726

Whats done is done....

People have 'NAPs' and declare without notice as attacks are not expected.

Why not say that you will have no diplomacy then merge with someone??? Nobody was expecting it.

Hypocrite or not, it take a shrewd leader to realize when the time is right for a change of direction.

It take more to organize a move of this scale and in such a short time frame.

Must admit that it took people a full 3 hours to notice that a merge took place :p

This may be just what was needed to shock this world into action.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
AP that's different marking a tribe and actually declaring war.

But the latter would be classed as diplomacy, hence no matter what way you look at it ruff is a hypocrite :p

Mmm, diplomacy is moreso considered to be the art and practice of conducting negotiations and relations as a means of avoiding wars, very few people consider wars to be diplomatic. Diplomacy is usually what is used to avoid wars.

DeletedUser

nauz we all get your point, but I'm sure you know too that at the end of the day nobody cares really, the merge happened, a name is just a name it won't make you fight any differently or whatever, yeah it's supposed to represent something, it can if you want, but lets look at things pragmatically in this case, ruffus wants to win the world, he made a choice to make his tribe make a big step in that direction...can't really argue that....

DeletedUser6695

Mmm, diplomacy is moreso considered to be the art and practice of conducting negotiations and relations as a means of avoiding wars, very few people consider wars to be diplomatic. Diplomacy is usually what is used to avoid wars.

Enemy is under diplomacy therefore its diplomacy...

DeletedUser

Enemy is under diplomacy therefore its diplomacy...

Have to disagree there CF, basically as has been said diplomacy is about talking to other tribes in a way to which agreements such as NAP's or alliances are finalised. To make someone an enemy, you dont even need to talk...you just do it, no warning or talking needed. This can be for another reason other than just going straight to war. You could just be highlighting another tribe on the map to work out their positions of expanse :)

Last edited by a moderator: