The Mikebenji Story

DeletedUser9522

Hello purveyors of the W7 forum, this thread is here to discuss mikebenji and shed some light on what happened.
Me, mutley, Gingy0895 and vengeful were some of the people closest to mike in game, and one saturday afternoon, I sent a message to mike and got no reply.. Now you may think this would be normal to not get a reply quickly, but mike was unemployed. He spent most of the day looking after his newborn and used tribalwars to fill some of the time..

Another day past, and gingy appointed me to council, to help him deal with the issue. Mike was still not online. By monday, mike had gone yellow, and by tuesday the council had started to claim them. Pretty quickly we realised that these villages were stacked and taking them would take ages. I took about 3 and then -V- and KnK noticed. Mike lost 200k in 1 day, but this was by wednesday, no sign of him.

Reshlock hit hard and fast, took around 11 villages in 2 days.
Pretty soon, mike fell to 100k and only a couple of villages were left.
Then, after 4 weeks of inactivity, mike fell to barbarianism. This is where we are at now. I have just taken one of the barbarians myself.

Mike was a rock, a real tank of a player who kept the coalition together. With him, and the other powerful players such as Chesty and Venge defecting to KnK, the world is pretty much won. I am in a solo tribe, just waiting it out, attacking some necros and hoping to get into KnK.

Mike was a real active player. Even if he quit, he woulda left a sit for his account and told people first, which leads me to believe something has happened to him.

So if anyone knows what happened to mike, please share your stories/theories here.

Sincerely, M40A3 Disciple.

DeletedUser9540

netsky, that has to be the worst post possible, and for that you lose my immediate respect.

disciple, i dont know what has happened to mike. he seemed like a good player, and i hope he is alright. 4 weeks with no word does imply quite a bad scenario, but i hope it just had to do with his taking care of his family.

DeletedUser3642

I also hope that he's ok - its a shame when a player of his size and ability disappears without sign. I have known of players on other worlds who've had very bad RL situations sometimes making it impossible to come online. RL is obviously the most important thing - this is only a game after all.

Perhaps if anyone is aware of any friends he has on other worlds, they could make contact - i'm sure Mike must have made some RL friends who can let us know

DeletedUser

I have to agree with Mike (Pogue) on this one, TW is a comunity and although we have fierce rivalries in the game when it comes down to it we do look out for one another.

TT

DeletedUser

I wanted to keep it short and simple. You're just trying to bring some attention to yourself by bringing this drama over a game which I do not like.
Perhaps he had real life issues that made him quit. Need I say more?
I made the same point as Mike did though it was shorter and bit more harsh. We all know ( or at least some do) that any real life issue comes first and therefore you have to take care of it. Even if it is a bit odd that he didn't give a sign about him leaving it's just the way of things.

/end

EDIT: I know that this might sound arrogant of me but I can ensure you it isn't.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

A player has lost villages, however, it's a game and a player can always come back to another world and have more fun and do so with old friends or make new ones. Its a game we win, we lose, we get rimmed, we get bored, move on etc etc. As an experienced player if he can come back he will quickly get back into the game

As for if something has happened in real life, again pointless guessing, listing possibilities etc as lets just see if we get any info back. In the end Real life comes first an if an emergency occurs a normal perspn doesnt immediately think "oh noes, must log into TW and let them know" :icon_rolleyes: , sorry if you think people do.... your not on the same reality as the rest of us

I have been in a position myself where a very good friend and coduke vanished only to find out 4 weeks later his ex has moved with child against a court order and he had gone on the road looking for where she had vanished with their kid. In the end, the game and tribe became irrelevant and handed over tribe to others as my friend and families welfare came first

So just to reiterate mine and my Duke MikeK's thoughts; hope everything okay.

Last thought is, I think we can let this topic go unless someone gets hold of the player in question to get an answer of what happened.

TT

DeletedUser3642

I agree - theres nothing wrong with expressing concern for a friend who's gone out of contact without apparent reason.

This game is built on friendships - and the strongest tribes will encourage this element of the game. Infact - if you read the world 1 forums, you will see clearly that KnK actually went out on a Christmas piss-up on a weekend that a major op was planned against us. Needless to say I lost countless villages that day, but I didnt care really - we knew the game was decided, and what we'd achieved from that world was a solid bond of friendships between many players.

You will see that from our forums, further meetups have been arranged, and have already occurred... this game is about friends...

Yes its possible that Mike just got pissed off and couldnt be bothered to come back, but equally its possible a RL tradegy occurred which means logging into TW is at the bottom of his prioirities.

Lets have a bit of respect for our fellow players on this world - its a small world, most of us know each others names in game and have at some point spoken - yes we may have banter on the externals about how other tribes may be a bit rubbish or how certain leadership stinks... but thats just it banter.
I'll quite happily call my co-dukes noobs, and say I'd love to attack their villages and noble them.... but it would be a little counter productive seeing as we co-play! its all meant in jest - as I respect most players on this world for the efforts they put into the game to make it fun.

Lets just chill and allow people to be concerned for their friends - I know I would be concerned if I knew him well.

DeletedUser9522

I agree - theres nothing wrong with expressing concern for a friend who's gone out of contact without apparent reason.

This game is built on friendships - and the strongest tribes will encourage this element of the game. Infact - if you read the world 1 forums, you will see clearly that KnK actually went out on a Christmas piss-up on a weekend that a major op was planned against us. Needless to say I lost countless villages that day, but I didnt care really - we knew the game was decided, and what we'd achieved from that world was a solid bond of friendships between many players.

You will see that from our forums, further meetups have been arranged, and have already occurred... this game is about friends...

Yes its possible that Mike just got pissed off and couldnt be bothered to come back, but equally its possible a RL tradegy occurred which means logging into TW is at the bottom of his prioirities.

Lets have a bit of respect for our fellow players on this world - its a small world, most of us know each others names in game and have at some point spoken - yes we may have banter on the externals about how other tribes may be a bit rubbish or how certain leadership stinks... but thats just it banter.
I'll quite happily call my co-dukes noobs, and say I'd love to attack their villages and noble them.... but it would be a little counter productive seeing as we co-play! its all meant in jest - as I respect most players on this world for the efforts they put into the game to make it fun.

Lets just chill and allow people to be concerned for their friends - I know I would be concerned if I knew him well.

This is what should be taken of this. While I kind of understand why netsky said what he said, mike was a valued member of the community and a powerful player. The reason why I made this topic was because at my concern he didn't even leave an explanation or cite a sitter. Thanks for all your contributions to the topic.

DeletedUser9540

I wanted to keep it short and simple. You're just trying to bring some attention to yourself by bringing this drama over a game which I do not like.
Perhaps he had real life issues that made him quit. Need I say more?
I made the same point as Mike did though it was shorter and bit more harsh. We all know ( or at least some do) that any real life issue comes first and therefore you have to take care of it. Even if it is a bit odd that he didn't give a sign about him leaving it's just the way of things.

/end

EDIT: I know that this might sound arrogant of me but I can ensure you it isn't.

their tribe was disbanded. there is no one trying to get anything from it.. i have seen several posts like these, and while i see what you may be getting at, it is not something that you can openly say "if anyone cares". this is a game, and a community, and if you dont respect the community, you probably wont be in the game long. i know for a fact disciple would not take advantage of a situation such as this, so lets not even try to make it look like he would.

DeletedUser

Why didn't Netsky just put what he typed there, rather than sounding like an out-right [Insult insult of choice here]?

DeletedUser

Why didn't Netsky just put what he typed there, rather than sounding like an out-right [Insult insult of choice here]?

Because I was feeling like posting that at the time and I apologize for it yet if you let your guard go off people are going to take advantage of it and it would be silly to put a rule that would stop that from happening. There are countless reasons why he would stop playing but that's just how things are. Do I seriously need to repeat my point?

DeletedUser

hi. yes its me. im alive and well. i have just bin shown this by and old friend. and its made me sad. im sorry i left without and reason. im sorry i broke friendships i never realised i ever had. i only thourght i had a few real TW friends. thank you for all of your posts. thank you for the time i spent playing alongside and against you. please feel free to mail me anytime.
I am trully sorry.
MIKE

DeletedUser

Don't be sorry Mike, we are just glad you are alive and kicking .

DeletedUser

Very interesting
g.gif