Define: Start-up

DeletedUser

Hm. Pretty simple thread. Want to know how long people class as start-up.

First week? First month? First year? First noble? 1000 Points? 10000 Points? 100000 Points? Lots of opinions out there. I want to know yours :)

DeletedUser1342

Hope you don't mind but im going to dump this in the tavern as its not only linked to W9.

Il leave a link for a day so people can still follow it.

DeletedUser

I'd say that depends on when your opinion of startup ends and early game begins. Startup for me is your first village, and early game goes to 100k points.

DeletedUser

Start-up is until you go for a second village.
Middle-game begins when you start giving villages tactical roles, so when you have maybe 5 villages. When you start planning in terms of clusters.

That's how I think of it, anyway. My duke defines "the first stage" of a world as up until the point more than half of our tribe has been rimmed at least once. :D

DeletedUser

i'd say the first 5 villages or so, up to about 20-30k points. then early/mid game up to about 250k, mid up to about 2m then late game from then on

DeletedUser

Once you're post-nobles start-up ends for the most part, once you're nobling it's more 'early-game' than start-up.

DeletedUser9748

I believe the topic has been covered by all the previous posts, but what I would like to add is that start-up actually ends when all you do is train troops in your village and stop building. Because until then, you have to manage both HQ building/troop training equally and get a successful growth. After the majority of your villages have maxed out in points, then mid-late game starts cause then you only care about attacking/nobling/defending and war tactics.

DeletedUser

O i c T&C you not banned anymore! Grats. I actually pretty much agree with Dan its more like start-up, early, mid, late, early starting when you have two villages, early up to couple hundred K mid to like 2mil then late past

DeletedUser

The start up period for me is the point before you are able to nicely balance all production. ie wait for your troops to return to quickly resend on another farm run.
This can depend on many outside forces as well no farms or not enough, skirmishes even full scale wars,

I would then class the next stage as early game play picking what path you are going to take.

As for troop production building work & farming well it never really stops you just get lazy.

DeletedUser

That's a good slant on things if we are on about a one on one then maybe you could reach that point.
However with a tribe working well no one player is ever invulnerable.

DeletedUser

O i c T&C you not banned anymore! Grats. I actually pretty much agree with Dan its more like start-up, early, mid, late, early starting when you have two villages, early up to couple hundred K mid to like 2mil then late past

'Cause I'm always right.

DeletedUser

That's a good slant on things if we are on about a one on one then maybe you could reach that point.
However with a tribe working well no one player is ever invulnerable.
Idk, Ive never had a major loss in mid-late game on any account, and I have been ranked 1 ODD in numerous worlds, no support. I play 80% D though.