Ex-Swarm members unite

• Thread starter DeletedUser10297
  • Start date

DeletedUser6603

Nah Trarii is still around, had a good chat with him via pm.

Ive waited long enough, so will say a couple of things about Swarm. Some of you might remember KnK merged with Swarm for all of a week. We de-merged because what we found was a tribe with no cohesion, organisation, and a leadership that for all its good intentions had failed to get the tribe working together as a unit. It was also a tribe that forever lived in fear of TR. When we merged, we spent a lot of time trying to get things working in a better way, but we never managed it. Too many players looking out for themselves, and not putting tribe before individual gain.

Now, considering we knew what a state Swarm were in when they had all their big players with them, can you blame us for being reluctant to side with them? In my opinion we made the right move - we knew Swarm werent up to much, and we lived to fight another day, and have a great battle with T4H. We got far more out of W1 than we ever expected to, so its my belief we made the right choices. Wouldve been interesting had we had a go at TR though, but we gained several players from the collapse of TR who are now good friends of mine. Everything happens for a reason and all that.

Just want to add one last thing. There were some really good guys in Swarm - alloahitman, shaneyboycian, imacdo22, and of course Peter The Great to name a few. Had their been a bit more structure and togetherness within Swarm, theres no doubt it couldve done better than it did, but its all what ifs nowadays ;-)

DeletedUser10297

Hmmmm...........I guess maybe I am one of the few remaining ex-Swarm players........apparently Peter no longer plays TW UK, a shame really as I always got on well with Pete.

Nevertheless I enjoyed the verbal sparring.........sort of brought back old memories

Finally (you will no doubt be glad to hear).......I promise not to bring the subject up again !!

Omega

DeletedUser8176

i think its apparent that omega is the only swarm member left :)

hey mike, long time no chat, but hate to say it another EX-SWARM here too, but have to say that T4H really dont stand a chance, SWARM went as far as they could though, too many jumped ship then TR then ORC then LRAG then nothing!! so im hanging in by my teeth sending an odd nuke at T4H and winding up Pansypants in the process. (only reason im still in world1).

have to say though shame KnK didnt stay about, as ok you played for fun but you did pretty well and dont forget your start mike before Knk:icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser3642

I know mate, I know my origins are from a tribe called Romans in K61 (who funily enough operated in a similar way to KnK), where I first ran into Pablo from KnK, before we merged into TR. And from that point - I think the story has already been told :)

DeletedUser10297

AHA!!.......I knew it, there are other ex-swarm around....

Hello Devil......and Kajdean put in an appearance somewhere on this forum too.....diff thread

But heh this may just be the start of something great, the reforming of Swarm......from the ashes the phoenix will rise!!

Who needs the traitors .........casperbart - Dickie - hitman.........and not forgetting the biggest yellow bellied turncoats of all ......KNK !!!

How KNK ever made it big any any world is beyond me

So come all you Swarmers, register your disgust at one of the most treacherous tribes on TW........and who knows.........one day.........some distant world will once again ring to the buzz of the Swarm :icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

Omega

DeletedUser3642

alloahitman was in Romans before Swarm ;-) so I don't count him as Swarm

He joined Horde when Romans merged with TR

Horde then merged with Swarm as part of their family reorganisation

DeletedUser6603

Omega, ive never known someone so bitter on tw. Its a game, get over it mate! You got beat, deal with it ;-)

DeletedUser10297

Omega, ive never known someone so bitter on tw. Its a game, get over it mate! You got beat, deal with it ;-)

........why does the possible reforming of Swarm frighten you........like a ghost from the past come back to haunt you............and your right this is a game............so I thought I'd indulge in a spot of psychological warfare :icon_eek: :icon_rolleyes: :icon_redface:

DeletedUser6603

It frightens me as much as big cuddly teddy bears do mate ;-)

DeletedUser8176

omega i have to be totally honest matey dickie casp and hitman were very good mates of mine they knew the game and played it how they thought fit the same as we all did, and be honest you cant knock KnK mate as they survived a lot longer than SWARM, and again if you look, casperbart still plays under swarm...

but, there was a few idyats in swarm but it played itself out and we all went one direction, TW has had good players amd clingers on, i in all fairness play .net also, and have learnt a lot from uk 1, and i think slagging off has no place in this game or its forums, we are either good at it or not, maybe its time to admit we are not as good as we would like.......

also matey remember KnK bowed out gracefully not in a lets split, they all went at the same time and started another world together and is working well for them good luck!!

SWARM needs to stay where it is matey.. but was good to see the omega name around again, join a few more worlds and show the talent you have there!! let me know ill gladly join you

DeletedUser

I just noticed this thread and noticed my name was mentioned.

SWARM was originally started by JTEE. A decent player with good leadership skills and some experience from playing on .net.
Maybe a couple of months or so after the tribes formation JTEE had to quit due to real life reasons.
For most if not all (may have been one player who had experience but not sure) tribal council this was our very first TW world.

Not only where we learning the ropes, nuances of the game as most of the tribe were but we were also trying to lead. Lots of mistakes were made.
Unfortunately the week or so that KnK merged with us was a particularly bad week. The original SWARM members seemed to do nothing more but bitch at eachother and tbh I don't blame KnK for leaving as we did look like a disorganised rabble. In truth we were.

I took a break from the game about a week before the split when casperbart, dickie, wolfie etc split and joined TR and then with KnK gangbanged SWARM. I was burnt out from trying to hold things together in the council and for health reasons (primarily my sanity) had to quit. I have only my Brother in laws account of what happened but it does sound like those that split did screw the rest of the tribe. They had their reasons for doing so, probably self preservation. It's a pity as I do believe that KnK and SWARM together could have taken on TR who in the end proved to be a disorganised rabble too.

I learnt a lot from this world and think I have taken a lot of those lessons with me to future worlds.

Would I play with a tribe of ex-SWARM members again? Probably.
Would I be part of the council again? Possibly
However I can tell you now things would be 100% more slick, organised and focused and any new tribe would probably bear little resemblance to the old SWARM except maybe name.

p.s. Peterdgreat1 does still play on UK.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10297

To Devil:

Thanks for the dressing down mate, but I would like to think that my needling of KnK was little more than robust banter, or are they so easily offended.........honest this fracas is all in jest :icon_biggrin:

Anyway, it would indeed be good to get to play again in the same tribe sometime in the future.

To Shane:

Hi mate, nice to hear from you, and thanks for the input...........I for one would be more than happy to be part of any reformed Swarm under the leadership of yourself and Peter (My leadership skills are at best erratic).

Perhaps this could be sooner rather than later.

I did look for Pete, but couldn't find him, or has he changed his name? Anyway send him my regards!

The aim of this thread was to bring together ex-swarm members so that we talk and share our experiences, unfortunately I may have inadvertently also opened up the festering debate over our downfall :icon_sad:

Still if it got people talking then it can only be good, especially if it brings together some of the old tribe.

And Shane, if you and Pete do decide to re-start Swarm, then I promise to be a model member - that's if you'll have me!!!

Omega

DeletedUser

Swarm were truly an awful tribe!!!

They wouldnt have got much further in this world than they did.

Stutzy sees fail.
Stutzy points out fail.
Stutzy pwns the poster of the fail.

:3

^^
Still lurking.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3371

Hello everyone and especially those ex- SWARM who will read this ....

i think its apparent that omega is the only swarm member left :) ... As Shane pointed out and Omega seems to have realised by putting this call out in the first place, it isn't so, Mike. Though, you never see a SWARM until it rises and joins together.:icon_eek:

.... I for one would be more than happy to be part of any reformed Swarm ... Perhaps this could be sooner rather than later. ... No , I have thought about it several times and come very close to doing it once or twice but for now it won't be back under my leadership any time soon. There are a couple of reasons and I'll explain a little more further on.

I did look for Pete, but couldn't find him, or has he changed his name? Anyway send him my regards! ... He did 1 better and sent me the link to this thread. Back at ya! This trip down memory lane has certainly made me smile.

The aim of this thread was to bring together ex-swarm members so that we talk and share our experiences, unfortunately I may have inadvertently also opened up the festering debate over our downfall:icon_sad: ... I'll leave the downfall part alone ... for now at least ... but for those of you who have nothing better to do than read about our footnote as a W1 tribe I shall endeavour to give you a little bit of our history, as I seem to recall it.

SWARM was founded by JTEE and Shane joined what set out to be a core tribe. As I'm sure everybody remembers, W1N got a great bunch of players together and had about the best possible start to a world that any tribe can do. I thought it was good at the time but looking back with a couple of years exp. under my belt, I feel they don't get enough credit for that ... the tone of how this world will probably pan out in all likely hood, was set in the first 3 months of it's opening. This is where but for a few lingerers like Shaney who earned the respect of a couple of W1N neighbours, such as Bungee, the war in the core ended for SWARM. As far as I know, they also had a game plan and SWARM wasn't on the list , tbh.

By the time I joined the world a couple of months later as a brand new noob the world had reached K41. Due to a combination of not being competitive and RL the original council fell off and recruitment around K41 grew and we were slowly left to our own devices.
I stayed away from commenting on the pnp's and refused invites to the top 20 tribe leaders chats. :icon_idea: Not in any small part because of the old adage that goes something like .... when others think you know nothing at least keep your mouth shut and don't prove them right.:icon_wink: Nowadays, I just do it so Tracy and jp68+1 won't have to infract me! :icon_razz:

Small skirmishes and and merges saw us grow to become a top 20 tribe and more so because of no major wars than any credit to the leadership we stayed there for quite a while.

What we did do, was learn most aspects of the game within this relatively long but quiet period of our existence. SWARM simply evolved into more of a teaching tribe than I have seen since, without ever intending to be. Since almost everybody was each learning something new most of the time, these things were shared and passed on in great detail and with the enthusiasm that you only get from showing somebody a newly learned skill.

KnK did merge into us for what was probably the worst week we had as a council and for which they were in no way responsible. Anyone who has tried to teach any aspects of this game, or been a long term council member will know, those 2 things do have a tendency to give you more than 1 or 2 hair pulling moments and we were at each others throats for the slightest reason during that week. They were left with that impression of us and probably still have it.

To those knockers who say we didn't have any quality and to answer your 'where are they now?' question together ... Galica(Phil), is 1 of the best players I know ... a player who actually does ALL those things regularly and consistently when you look at what makes a top player ... and he is part of the leadership of TV on W2 and Valiant is part of that tribe too .... talon11 is leading FATE on W4, in that world war and on the opposing side and council is Shaney.
3 of our top members had serious medical conditions 1 of whom died, The Grand Master, TGM or another Pete, to the rest of us. He should not be remembered for the way he played UK1 as he was not well for large chunks of time which the records cannot reflect. RIP Pete, may all your nobles have wings, mate. 1 of whom died while he was in SWARM and came back to life on the operating table( I kid you not ) , he got mad at me on W2 but forgave me later and as far as I know, WilyECyotee is enjoying W6, atm and the 3rd, Maverick, I have lost touch with.
My biggest flaw, was that I couldn't recognise the talent we actually had, never mind utilise it. At the time, I didn't realise just how little I did know and because of this I don't think it could be called a mistake but a lot of good players paid a high price for it ... while those learning benefited immeasurably. Such, are the checks and balances of TW , I suppose. pigdog never realised his full potential on W1 but he also played on W2 with us for a few months before he quit and his level of aggressiveness in war time would make a few so called top players look like shy retiring types.

I also never realised until later just how few egos were with us. Which was a pure blessing at the time but it is a blessing that I have not had the pleasure of since.:icon_surprised:

For a tribe that had such a large number of noobs, a relatively large percentage of them have continued to play the game and I can honestly say, that is the thing I am proudest of in my time playing TW. I claim no more credit than that I was a small part of keeping us together while we learned and it is tempered, by those I let down.

To those I haven't mentioned above and I know there are a large number still playing that didn't simply spring to mind , you may remember I was always a lazy sod and obviously am still too lazy to go look up the members list, but I remeber most fondly still.

... SWARM went as far as they could though, too many jumped ship ...
( Finally, it looks like I will talk about the downfall after all ... though I am not looking for redress here. It just seems right, that I should finish the time line that has taken shape. )

This is from an insider and is probably about right. (Hiya, Devil) We had probably gone about as far as we could and the best option left to us was, and I humbly submit this, was, to finally go to war with TR ... would SWARM and KnK have held there own? Would W1N have joined in on TR's eastern flank at the same time ... we will never know. The simply truth is it was at best a long shot and both KnK and I knew it. Yet, we had agreed that it was still our best course of action to see if we could break out of the restraints TR placed on us geographically.
Unfortunately, I didn't bring the rest of the council along with this line of thinking and when I lost them to TR the tribe was lost.
Whether or not KnK would have joined in with us, we will never know because 9/10th's of the SWARM council moved over to TR overnight and the majority of the tribe followed. KnK were in no way responsible and I can't blame them for not wanting to fight a war as an ally, that 9/10ths of our council chose to run away from. That was game over for SWARM.

Well, perhaps a little recrimination ... I seem to recall how proud TR were that they beat us with barely a nuke fired. This was from a tribe how many times bigger than us 2/3/4 ( I honestly can't remember, as this is some very very old news ) and we were recognised as THE noob tribe of W1 ... while SWARM intended to strike the first blow ... something I am still a little proud of .... if only , eh? ... if nothing else it shows we wanted to play the game the way it is intended to be even if we couldn't do it at that time. Perhaps, this isn't the point where I should congratulate KnK for lasting longer , but then again perhaps it is. :icon_wink:

That is still my biggest disappointment in my time playing this game. We all work so hard to build acc.'s to fight with and when the time comes all too often there isn't a fight to be had. Today, it is still a pet hate which goes to show we really are the sum of our experiences.

I still have no idea why most of you guys who were not in SWARM were remotely interested in this but I hope it helps our bored readers understand why, for such a bad tribe , SWARM is so fondly remembered by it's ex-members. We taught each other how to play, stuck together for a long time and constantly and consistently helped each other out.

Personally, I am currently playing UK8 under the name PeterDWolf since I had a co-player for a couple of weeks when I first joined that world and I am playing W57 on .net under the name PeterDGreat1 since I would hate to deny those who wish to fight with me the chance to find me.

Mainly I have 2 reasons why SWARM has thus far not been resurrected.

1) 2 worlds is enough for anybody and as long as I am on those I won't be moving to a new 1, SWARM or not. Personally, if and or when I ever try to revive it, it will get my undivided attention.
And ...
2) More importantly, what kind of tribe would the new SWARM be ... I would at some point like to try and build a teaching tribe for noobs ... as opposed to the 1's where 20 top players tell another 40 top 100/200 players they are going to be a teaching tribe. :icon_rolleyes: ... and I think SWARM would be it. To do that would need it to be my only world and to do a lot of convincing of some friends that are excellent players to join a tribe with little more than a chance at mediocrity, at best.
The alternative is to collect as many past players as I could ... recruit a few more that have become friends since and make it a full on pre-made, which again would probably need my undivided attention.

Finally, for those who don't know, JTEE brought the name and COA from a .net world where apparently it had a pretty good reputation. Perhaps 1 day we may restore it to a more fitting station in the grand scheme of things.

So thank you all for indulging this stroll down memory lane and in return I will leave you with an existential high note ....Reincarnation is real -- at least in TW land -- so go out there and live a little more dangerously as it makes for more interesting times in which to live!

best regards to all, especially those of you still playing W1,
Pete

p.s.
Never say never!

DeletedUser6603

Pete,

Superb post mate, a big +rep from me. An honest assessment of what happened, and one I pretty much entirely agree with.

I don't really have much more to add to be honest, I think you've covered everything. What I will say is that one of the hardest things about the decision we made, was having to turn against you. You earnt my respect back then, and you still hold it now. It would be great if our paths could cross in the future on TW, but who knows ;-). Id also like to add that I do agree that there were some good players in Swarm, talon for example is one that impressed me back then, and has gone on to prove himself on other worlds. There were some who werent so good though, who hid behind the fact they had big accounts, but I wont name names on that one!

Good to see you are still around mate.

DeletedUser10297

Bravo Pete !! (very succinctly put).................................I await the call to arms

Currently causing mayhem on UK W10

Omega (One of MANY proud ex-Swarm members)

PS Still can't get the hang of creating that link to the world dominance map!

DeletedUser

Pete said:
SWARM is so fondly remembered by it's ex-members. We taught each other how to play, stuck together for a long time and constantly and consistently helped each other out.

This is how I remember our tribe. I'd happily play with most of the members again IF I had the time.

Like Pete 2 worlds is more than enough. tbh at times 1 world is too much so for the time being and in the immediate future I wont be joining any new worlds.

DeletedUser8176

peter what a stroll down memory lane, i for one would like to join up again and kick start another world and like you say a lot of gameplay and sniping backtiming etc has gone on and i think as players we have all evolved slightly for the better i did learn a lot from guys like you and mikek and got breaks and guidance from many others, i still keep in contact with a fare few via skype, but lost contact with wolfie, gregsears and dickie, but im pretty sure they would all like a chance to have another go... what amazes me though is in other worlds enemies are now tribe mates funny eh?

SWARM still lives in world 1 resurrected by casper so the names still there but one player :icon_evil:

but last word has to be said KnK held on till the last, mikek one thing i realised maybe to late is that maybe a certain player no names mentioned wasnt that much cop after all (yammy).:icon_eek:

peter dont be a stranger!!