World winner

DeletedUser10297

There is little doubt that the outcome of this world has already been cast......that one of the present top 5.....no top 4 tribes will eventually triumph ...............

Although the outcome is supposedly based on the number of 'special vills' a tribe can take and retain, in truth no tribe below rank 5 will ever be able to hold one of these vills even if they were lucky enough to noble one in the first place!!

So what role is left for those tribes outside the top 4/5..........................become spectators.......a sideshow to the real action..............wait for W11 to start and try again.

If smaller tribes fail to combine to meet the threat of their larger peers, then in truth they may as well call it a day................only a new tactical approach can outwit the 'old brigade' - those players who combine and play together on world after world....

Join them I hear you say.....................fine, but only if I don't have to submit to being account sat.....the cheek of it

If the weak don't unite this world has already become little more than a playground for the big boys (girls)......so act now or forever jive to the tune of their beat.

Omega......

PS Merging is little more than a form of subservience

Addendum..............in short a super alliance of tribal players...........not necessarily very active......but who jby can sheer force of numbers, achieve.

This is particularly possible on a world where holding 'special vills' decides the outcome. The ability of a super alliance to hold and 'stack' a spec vill, even if they are less active, is a realistic goal....not easy, but realistic.

So act now or forever be the bridesmaid.............!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10297

No outside tribe support...

Not sure what your reply is supposed to mean.............then again not sure starting a new thread after coming back from the pub is a good idea either :icon_biggrin:

But what I was trying to put across is the need for smaller tribes, the less active and skilled.....to unite and show the 'Old Guard' (they and we know who they are) a new way to win

is it be feasible ................who knows.....but I'm working on it

Omega

DeletedUser

Which means that any tribe that gets its hands on a special village should be able to hold it for a little while, as they can just recap it before the attackers support gets there.

And makes it impossible for an alliance to stack one village.

Just out of interest, who are you classing as the 'old brigade'?

but only if I don't have to submit to being account sat.....the cheek of it

So you're saying that you aren't good enough to get into a top tribe? The account sit is to check that you know how to play, so if you are afraid of being sat then you obviously don't know how to play.

even if they are less active

So a bunch of half-active people is supposed to be able to take out even one of the top tribes? If by 'less active' you mean they log in once a day then it's easy to noble them as they won't be online to call for support. Even if they were, no one else in their tribe would be on to support them in time.

DeletedUser10297

To Chicken (I'm sure your not)

Whether I'm good enough to be in a 'top tribe'.......whatever that is..........is not the point........being account sat is an invasion of my premium account privacy.

If a player fails to perform, then just boot them

As for 'sneering' at the more 'casual' player, as I would like to term them......then sure, why shouldn't they be able to get a shot at glory

I'm all for a revolution.....so 'casual' players everywhere unite and rise up against the old guard

Omega

DeletedUser

Whether I'm good enough to be in a 'top tribe'.......whatever that is..........is not the point........being account sat is an invasion of my premium account privacy.

A top tribe is one in the top few places, around 5. You know, part of what the thread is on? :icon_rolleyes:

It isn't an invasion if you allow it to happen, which you have to. Are you saying you never have and never will set a sitter? Even though they can be extremely useful to look after your account while you are away, or to do things when you have RL issues? You seem to be saying that you won't set a sitter as it would be an 'invasion' of your privacy, so whenever you go on holiday you would go inactive and likely be booted from a top 5 tribe anyway for 'failing to perform' while you were inactive.

As for 'sneering' at the more 'casual' player, as I would like to term them......then sure, why shouldn't they be able to get a shot at glory

They should, and it is reasonably easy to get into the top 1-200 in this world, even someone logging in maximum 3 times a day for about 15 minutes (casual) should be able to do it if they know what to do. I assume by 'casual' you mean small, the ones who either log in once every two days or so or just don't know how to play optimally (or who are currently on the rim and therefore don't need to worry about larger tribes yet)

Of course, your definition of casual will probably be different to mine.

I'm all for a revolution.....so 'casual' players everywhere unite and rise up against the old guard

Omega

I'm still wondering who the 'old guard' are, when are you planning on telling me? Also, I am all for a revolution, which is why I am in a tribe called We Are Revolution. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Some very valid points being discussed here.

I think omega hit the nail on the head when he mentioned that its not a good idea to start a new thread on returning from the pub.

Not thinking his opening statement through properly.

With the tribe lock racing closer and closer it makes it even tougher for the slower start up players to become well enough established to even become considered to be invited to any of the leading tribes.

So indeed what will happen to them and will they continue to play this world?

Innogames it appears are trying to make subtle changes to their various worlds to make the game more interesting for new and old players alike.

DeletedUser10297

Some very valid points being discussed here.

I think omega hit the nail on the head when he mentioned that its not a good idea to start a new thread on returning from the pub.

Not thinking his opening statement through properly.

With the tribe lock racing closer and closer it makes it even tougher for the slower start up players to become well enough established to even become considered to be invited to any of the leading tribes.

So indeed what will happen to them and will they continue to play this world?

Innogames it appears are trying to make subtle changes to their various worlds to make the game more interesting for new and old players alike.

Your right.....my opening post was most definitely an ill-conceived jumble of groggy thoughts.......but if the main tenet of the piece came across and it gets people talking on this subject.......then it's all good!

Omega :icon_biggrin:

PS up the revolution!!!

DeletedUser

So if I'm reading this right..........you want all the little tribes to come together and take on the bigger ones?

DeletedUser10297

So if I'm reading this right..........you want all the little tribes to come together and take on the bigger ones?

In essence yes.......because as this world has a tribal quota of 40, then it is clear there are going to be many people stuck in smaller tribes. As only the big tribes will be able to hold the special vills - by stacking - then smaller tribes will end up being little more than spectators, and eventually fodder for the bigger players.

Basically there presence on world 10 will be meaningless.........although I'm sure there are many who would claim this to be an over simplification of the status quo (not the rock band).........................particularly from larger players in the top five tribes who will still need the smaller tribes as a source of ready made vills to plunder and noble!

What I suggest, and I have no illusions about the difficulties involved, is that for the smaller tribes to band together in a 'Grand Alliance' so that they may continue to compete and retain some interest in the game.....................would it work??..............is it worth trying..YES.

If this was tried and had just partial success, then this would indeed be a revolution, of sorts, in tactical play .......and .........sends shivers up the backs of the 'old guard/stalwarts'

Omega - up the revolution

DeletedUser

Have you been down the pub again Omega?

I hear your well meaning thoughts, but as there is no supporting anyone outside your tribe the opportunity of a grand alliance working is very unlikely.

Experience tells me that alliances begin very well only to be thwarted by the might of the establishment.

As I mentioned earlier the tribe lock as I understand it will stop any possible merges after this date.

DeletedUser10297

You might be mistaken.

lol.........you may well be right :icon_eek:

Lord Bladrick, if things are as hopeless as you suggest, then all us minnows might just as well give up and wait for world 11 to begin.......however, I always believe in the old adage...'never say never' (I Think Pete used that recently)......anyway.........where was I.........Oh yeah.......up the revolution and down with the establishment !!!

Che Omega

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Finding it hard to take you seriously, 'up the revolution'? Really?

It wouldn't be a revolution at all, even in the unlikely event that it would work. Coalitions have been formed on basically every world to date.

DeletedUser

I am forever an optimist Omega, living in hope.

What the heck up the revolution.

I'm surprised others are not voicing an opinion on this topic or are they all sitting very comfortable in their ivory towers?

It may help bring forward a few ideas for future worlds and developments.

DeletedUser10297

I am forever an optimist Omega, living in hope.

What the heck up the revolution.

I'm surprised others are not voicing an opinion on this topic or are they all sitting very comfortable in their ivory towers?

It may help bring forward a few ideas for future worlds and developments.

It's good to see a large player such as yourself taking an interest in this topic............and I think your bit about 'ivory towers' might be very close to the mark, ie, a case of don't rock the boat!!

Omega (founder member of the small tribe and casual player party)

DeletedUser

It's good to see a large player such as yourself taking an interest in this topic............and I think your bit about 'ivory towers' might be very close to the mark, ie, a case of don't rock the boat!!

Omega (founder member of the small tribe and casual player party)

This topic and your post's on the subject are idiotic.

DeletedUser10297

This topic and your post's on the subject are idiotic.

I'll send you an application form then.................................for STAC (Small Tribe and Casual).......there's a special rate for noobs!

Red Omega

DeletedUser

I never thought I'd say this, but I concur with Meechan. There is a small chance of this working on a different world - i.e. farm rule, outside tribe support, larger member capacities. But on this world? Casual players quit all of the time, come February I wouldn't want to be stuck with a bunch of inactives.

DeletedUser10297

I never thought I'd say this, but I concur with Meechan. There is a small chance of this working on a different world - i.e. farm rule, outside tribe support, larger member capacities. But on this world? Casual players quit all of the time, come February I wouldn't want to be stuck with a bunch of inactives.

This is exactly what this thread needs.......passion.......strong unadulterated raw passion..............and I really do understand lads if you have so far failed to grasp the concept of this debate............so here it is, because this is the sort of chap I am.........if you really, really want me to
I am quite prepared to personally mail each and everyone of you, and in great detail, outline this new revolutionary approach to the game (application for STAC already in the post).

However, despite your marvellous input, I must admit that I had been hoping for more players of the calibre of Lord Bladrick.......sorry lads......but heh, join STAC on W11 and you too can be part of a tribe that cares!

Omega (Emperor and Chief Diplomat STAC)