Guide to Forum Reputation

DeletedUser5175

I've got a question about this - I've recieved almost - but not quite 10 rep points, they are mostly gray boxes though and it states I have 1 reputation point

So do the gray boxes not count towards my reputation at all?

And if so why is this?

DeletedUser

I've got a question about this - I've recieved almost - but not quite 10 rep points, they are mostly gray boxes though and it states I have 1 reputation point

So do the gray boxes not count towards my reputation at all?

And if so why is this?

I don't think the grey boxes count. The way I am understanding this is that you have to rep the person back who repped (is that a word?) you. Then the boxes turn green and your rep increases.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think they put it in place so people couldn't make accounts just to rep themselves. You have to get a bit of rep before you can give out green rep. At least that's my interpretation :D

DeletedUser5175

I don't think the grey boxes count. The way I am understanding this is that you have to rep the person back who repped (is that a word?) you. Then the boxes turn green and your rep increases.

EDIT: You need at least one rep point to be able to give out green rep.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

THIS IS NOT MY GUIDE, I DO NOT OWN THIS AT ALL. JUST PUTTING IT HERE FOR EVERYONE.

The use of reputation, is for users to leave reputation when they like a post. And when a certain user gets a certain amount of reputation, it is shown on their profile and under their image on each post.

reputation.jpg

(Apologies to Tracey/Thargoran if their figures for rep are different from the image above).

UK Forum Reputation Rankings

Having a poke around the forums...and this seems familiar, good to see the love being passed on to another server...although, you have added a tad more to this :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

Pfft, I have none. The grey suits me better anyways!

You mean red :icon_twisted:

So if you have loads of grey, you can make them green by +rep'ing the person who gave it to you? :icon_confused:

DeletedUser269

I like the red also, I know who gave me the red! *looks at alex*

DeletedUser269

Well I'm not really a fan of the rep system, but I roll with anything :icon_cool:

DeletedUser6623

How is it i only jus find this thread and im like 'we have a rep system?? :icon_eek:

well... i have 1 rep and its from timmy... thats how cool i am :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

Anyone about to confirm how this actualy works? so if you rep back, do both players then get a +1?

DeletedUser5582

there was a guide in this very thread which seems to have been removed? I will see if I can't track it down for you (or someone else can beat me do this and post up?!)

DeletedUser5582

where can you check how much rep you have?

log in to your external acc and then across the top is a dark red bar with the forum options on (FAQ, Search etc etc) and on the far left is USER CP. Click this and it will show you all your infractions (this of course should be blank like mine :icon_redface:) and all your rep received listing the post that got the rep, the date and any comment the rep giver gave (if they don't leave their name you'll never know who gave it though :icon_sad:). The rep will be green or grey and it will show your points too of reputation earned.

On this screen you cans also edit your avatar and siggy, ignore list, your personal details etc etc. Any queries then PM me and will try and help you out.