Legal age for consentment

DeletedUser

People that say 'True Story' really grind my gears.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4083

Back on topic now guys, you know that MSD doesn't allow spam like MSG does.

DeletedUser

Britain has the youngest teenage pregnancy rate in Europe. Good idea though, lets cut the consenting age down to 14 so that more ki... Mature adults have the legal ability to make babies. I mean it's good right? More council houses for everyone! :icon_biggrin:

Lets also spend millions on rewriting the law, you know, cos we're not in a financial mess atm. Oh, and lets look farward to the whole:

"Yh mate but I just turned 18 and she was, like 14 going on 15? I think... And yh' she was definitely consenting"

legal cases that lawyers will look farward to. I mean that is assuming, that you do the whole bands thing (14 - 16 and 15 - 17)

I mean I get the whole teenage boy thing (I needn't go into much detail). Perhaps y'all, if possible, should start thinking with your heads about the HUGE repercussions if this were ever to become law.

Without condom: Ugh... if I was 14 and the girl I had sex with had a baby, I could support the baby with the money I had.

P.S. Babies cost more than what you earn of your paper run kid.

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
Without making any effort to rip your post apart I'll pick the two easiest bits...

1) it doesn't cost millions of pounds to re-write a law
2) having sex with someone that is under age is a crime, simples... it is the responsibility of the "adult" to ensure the age of the "child" and the "she told me she was 16 defense" does not stand up in court... changing the age(s) of consent would not change this...

So here is a thought, why don't you check the HUGE truth before posting... now that would be surprising...

DeletedUser

1) There are 3 types of law in Britain.

The first and most common are Bye-laws. These are laws such as Dog litter fines, created by local councils and businesses. Cheap to create.

The second are statutory laws. Example: The Road Traffic Act - These are laws created in Government.

The third is Case Law (common law). Judges make these laws. Considering the media attention and controversy surrounding the sex thing the likely way to create the law here is getting it to the supreme court. Which would take many years.

Considering that you're an idiot, I'll have to point out that such a law will have to be passed through either parliament or Court. I'm guessing you'd understand why it would take millions if not tens of millions for it to be passed through court? Oh ofcourse not, you're a fool.
Many many years = Many many fees.

Although it's possible for ministers to amend laws - Which technically would be happening, nobody other than mancunia would think that situation is even plausible. The law would be discussed (In considerable length) in the Commons. They will then vote on it, the law will then go to the House of Lords. Then they vote on it. Finally the law will need the Queens signature. This would not cost less than a million.

2. Erm... My scenario did not include anyone underage (Lrn2Read) It included the inevitable mess with the "bands" proposed.

Why don't you:
  • Do your research
  • Read what you're replying to.
  • Make sense. "Why don't you check the HUGE truth"? WTH does that even mean. You mean whole truth? idk.

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
lol.... this village was missing an idiot... fortunately the idiot is back...

So now it costs tens of millions to pass a law... just when you thought someone couldn't be that dumb... they surprise you...

congrates on that, I've not laughed so hard for too long...

Thanks matty... welcome back...

DeletedUser

List of legal battles costing 10s of millions.

I'd have thought you'd learn from your mistakes after I completely tore your nasty ignorant flame to shreds. Yet you're still trying to grasp on to the tiniest details your pathetic head deems incorrect. I once again urge you to RESEARCH before you argue, as it is quite obvious you haven't got the slightest clue what you're talking about.

I can already predict what his next stupid flame is. Just to save me time, I'll give the fool a little clue. Re-read what it is you're trying to expose.

I urge someone cleverer to debate with me. Going around in circles and explaining basic stuff to a fool isn't exactly my strong suit; as you can probably tell.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9793

hmmm, a challenge i couldnt refuse ....:p

legal age of consent ...I think in Holland for example it is 12 years old .
whilst in UK its 16, they teach sex education in schools from age of 10

In reality sex between humans is a freudian drive , whether its regulated by law or social norms , But with paedos around and stuff there has to me protection of thise who are vulnerable and potentially can be expoited .

yes a law costs millions to pass , regulate and enforce , its not a simples as i have an idea lets make a law .then you have to make sure the law is compatible with EU law etc , a few more millions.

Being a dad of 2 daughters , tho i practice whats known as 'natural justice and law' , any bugga gets near my girls with wrong idea gonna get more than a polite chat on semantics of sexual consent concerning minors

DeletedUser

Although I agree with what you're kind of saying, you haven't really made a point.

I suppose if you want to go down the ethical route of all this, then I still don't think much needs changing. Kids, in my opinion, should be taught about sex education in school at around 10 because that's around the time kids are attracted to the opposite sex. Whether the legal age should be brought down because of this is a worthwhile argument; but in my opinion it should stay at 16. Anyone could make an argument saying otherwise, and the facts would back you up (Ethically) but morally, and this is a question for adults, do you think it's right?

DeletedUser

1) There are 3 types of law in Britain.

Considering that you're an idiot, I'll have to point out that such a law will have to be passed through either parliament or Court. I'm guessing you'd understand why it would take millions if not tens of millions for it to be passed through court? Oh ofcourse not, you're a fool.
Many many years = Many many fees.

Although it's possible for ministers to amend laws - Which technically would be happening, nobody other than mancunia would think that situation is even plausible. The law would be discussed (In considerable length) in the Commons. They will then vote on it, the law will then go to the House of Lords. Then they vote on it. Finally the law will need the Queens signature. This would not cost less than a million.

2. Erm... My scenario did not include anyone underage (Lrn2Read) It included the inevitable mess with the "bands" proposed.

Why don't you:
  • Do your research
  • Read what you're replying to.
  • Make sense. "Why don't you check the HUGE truth"? WTH does that even mean. You mean whole truth? idk.

Then why is it called Statutory Rape?

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
List of legal battles costing 10s of millions.

I'd have thought you'd learn from your mistakes after I completely tore your nasty ignorant flame to shreds. Yet you're still trying to grasp on to the tiniest details your pathetic head deems incorrect. I once again urge you to RESEARCH before you argue, as it is quite obvious you haven't got the slightest clue what you're talking about.

I can already predict what his next stupid flame is. Just to save me time, I'll give the fool a little clue. Re-read what it is you're trying to expose.

I urge someone cleverer to debate with me. Going around in circles and explaining basic stuff to a fool isn't exactly my strong suit; as you can probably tell.

lol... A retard is someone that claims a) then support his claim with something that relates to B)....

Matt?.. you decide

Matt claims: It would take millions to pass a law
Matt then supports this claim with: List of legal battles costing 10s millions...

Now, I'd never call anyone a retard...

But surely someone that isn't a complete idiot understands that a court rules based on the laws that exist. The cost of creating a law, is no where near a million... A study in America found the cost to be less then $1,000, obviously the process in the Britain is different but as the founding fathers based the American government and legal system on the English system any sane person can understand why it would not cost 100,000 x more in the uk...

If Matt, in your unclear what you meant to say was that the total cost of a change to the law can be in the millions then yes, it can...

So lets not have any laws as they cost too much money...

Now that would be a retarded thing to say...

DeletedUser9793

lol... A retard is someone that claims a) then support his claim with something that relates to B)....

Matt?.. you decide

Matt claims: It would take millions to pass a law
Matt then supports this claim with: List of legal battles costing 10s millions...

Now, I'd never call anyone a retard...

But surely someone that isn't a complete idiot understands that a court rules based on the laws that exist. The cost of creating a law, is no where near a million... A study in America found the cost to be less then $1,000, obviously the process in the Britain is different but as the founding fathers based the American government and legal system on the English system any sane person can understand why it would not cost 100,000 x more in the uk...

If Matt, in your unclear what you meant to say was that the total cost of a change to the law can be in the millions then yes, it can...

So lets not have any laws as they cost too much money...

Now that would be a retarded thing to say...

yes it is . if you know the english legal system

so you saying a court ruling becoming law doesnt cost anything like millions , just say, a few thousand ....simples not
case law is evolving law in the UK but criminal law is subject to statute . statute is passed at house of commons .

case law in criminal law is used to persuade courts what other courts or senior courts would interprete the matter . They have weight cos how you interprete something can significantly affect whether person guilty/innocent or what sentance will be . If the court gives a significant interpretation that affects the logic of the law then it goes back to parliament for amendment of the law or is adapted through the civil service via delegated legislation.

fighting interpretation of case law costs 100.000£ if not millions . there are appeals and high court interventiosna dn sometimes referred to House of Lords appeals , . For £1000 you get lunch maybe .