Mods

DeletedUser11866

out of interest ... why do you need to be over 21 ?

DeletedUser360

Maturity most likely. A lot of youngsters can lose their temper very easily.

DeletedUser6695

Personally I don't think it should be a criteria. Applications should be based on the individual as a person and not their age.

Out of all the people I have come across in this game, the older players always seem to be the most aggressive and angry.

DeletedUser

Personally I don't think it should be a criteria. Applications should be based on the individual as a person and not their age.

Out of all the people I have come across in this game, the older players always seem to be the most aggressive and angry.

Partially correct imo.
I find 20-35 the most relaxed players. 35-50 tend to be quite short tempered and 50 onwards are usually extreme hot heads.
But then if we go to <20..
up to 15 tend to be basically bi-polar, all about their own attention (take me as an example on UK8 I was just an awful character for the most part).
15-17 tend to be a bit more relaxed but again very bi-polar.
18-20 are usually maturing and quite calm and collective.

That's what I have found anyway from my history on this game.
I've had 13 year olds threaten to kill my mother, I've had 27 year olds who I just cannot make angry and then I've had the 55 year olds who say they were in hospital when I rimmed them and start to insult me on a whole new level!

DeletedUser

Won't just be for maturity. Reliabilty, as well. And perhaps volunteering laws or something but I can't say I'm very familiar with the uk legal system.

Nevertheless I would certainly suggest that cf would be a great mod.
No offence, shifty, I just don't know you, you'd probably be just as good.

Although have to say the rules the mods have to enforce are extremely strict and imo over the top which is why I won't be applying.

DeletedUser

Nah I'd be a bad mod. Though I don't want to be a mod so it's okay :icon_wink:

DeletedUser5582

out of interest ... why do you need to be over 21 ?

You don't. There have been UK mods (well one at least) younger than 21 but I guess they also say 21 as there has to be the proverbial line in the proverbial sand somewhere and as a very general rule those under 21 might lean towards showing certain un mod like characteristics.

If you are what they are looking for then your age wouldn't be held against you but you would need to be exceptional (and probably head hunted so to speak)

Personally I think 21 is a good marker as, whilst no guarantee of maturity, folks should have shaken off most of that teenage angst.

DeletedUser3371

Let's start a petition to give Jo another ban hammer!

She broke the old 1 'cos she used to hold the wrong end and wave it at folks!

DeletedUser6695

You don't. There have been UK mods (well one at least) younger than 21 but I guess they also say 21 as there has to be the proverbial line in the proverbial sand somewhere and as a very general rule those under 21 might lean towards showing certain un mod like characteristics.

If you are what they are looking for then your age wouldn't be held against you but you would need to be exceptional (and probably head hunted so to speak)

Personally I think 21 is a good marker as, whilst no guarantee of maturity, folks should have shaken off most of that teenage angst.

Alex was like 17/18 iirc...Im not sure if my memory is correct but I think CLT was also under 21 (best mod evarrrr)

DeletedUser5528

I used to play this game and be a mod once,, I was proof that being over 21 was no guarantee of maturity

Hello btw to anyone I used to know ;)

DeletedUser5582

it is the proverbial line in the sand here. Some 21 year olds will be very mature, well rounded individuals and others won't. Same as some 50 year olds it is all in the applicant.

They do look at your posting history (that plan you had to change your forum name....) not just your age as well as all sorts of other criteria so lets not get so hung up on the age here as is just (puts on pirate pose) a Guide.

Aha! shiver me timbers!

DeletedUser

Since this is about mods ill post here.

Is there a way to get rid of mods or at least complain about them to someone not related to .uk so can actually help and not sweep stuff under the carpet?

DeletedUser10816

Your best bet is to speak to the community manager. Ultimately it'd be their say on what happens on their server

DeletedUser12924

wow i really didn't know it was legal for any company to descriminate against age...

considering you can sign up to the army at 15 and be thrown in the frontline at 18 i think 21 to be a tw mod is a little bizarre. so the requirement to be a tw mod is 21? hmm is this legal though? are their any boffins who can enlighten me on age requirements for particular jobs etc...

DeletedUser7321

Don't think being a mod its the same as a job (paid work), I do see where your coming from with your question but some companies have a age 21 restriction on driving and that's fine.

DeletedUser

i think you will find its down to the law of the country the head office is based in ...in this case Germany