A thread probably not about Castle Assault

DeletedUser3473

Okay, so spam this thread too if you must but please, a personal plea to D1 and Visser, keep your spat to the thread you have already hijacked as your boxing ring.

The topic under discussion here is Castle Assault. Who else is still playing that ridiculous Castle Assault thing in the hope of accruing enough medals to get something useful.

1. Are you still playing?
2. what is the best buff?
3. Have you spent pp to raid the castle and how much? (NO D1, DO NOT GO OFF ON ANOTHER PP HATER RANT!!!)

i'll start...

1. Yes (sad I know)
2. I want the coins box but will settle for axe
3. No (I a cheapskate)

DeletedUser13734

The coin box is a waste of time. Say you have 5 villas, you'll earn 5 coins (obviously)
At this stage, with that amount of vills you can earn those coins in 1 days efficient farming, and then some.

You're far better off buying a couple troop recruitment buffs in my opinion.

tedd66

Reaction score
1- yes ofc (its not sad at all)
2- not tried any yet but the noble booster/def speeder look pretty op
3- not much need really?

DeletedUser

1 yes still playing...why is this sad?
2 yes used the noble buff for a recap "not my own villa OC" but worked a treat.
3 "blushes" hands up yes used 90pp to finish top but got 500 medals and green res flag so not all bad.
BTW I'm deffo not a pp player I'm way too greedy to buy it....

DeletedUser4753

1. no got boring
2. recruit ones are best but all are pretty bad, esp the coin
3.pfffft

DeletedUser8621

I dont mind the 15% axe or sword power for 48hrs. Could do some good damage with a couple nukes. Which I definitely have.

1. Still playing
2. Troop Recruitment, or the 15% bonuses for attack/defense
3. Yeah to get the Naval Supply "Take The Helm" Achievement. Only one I really wanted.

DeletedUser13734

And the coin thing is useful if you have 100+ villages

Nope, whenever you use it its a waste of time. Do the maths for it, with 100 vills you'll earn enough res from pit income to buy 1 noble a day anyway; farming relatively efficiently will buy you another 1-2.

Why spend the medals on that box which will only buy you 1 noble, when those medals would be better used on either 25% recruitment time, or the support buff.

DeletedUser12733

Sorry Pip, I did not mean to hijack your last thread. Was just merely stating to d1mension that i would do him over if he ever decided to play :D

As for this topic...

1) Yes playing still 0_o
2) I think if you have enough villas the coin buff is the best hence it being the most expensive.
3) Yes accident spent 90 PP due to thinking I had more mercenaries :p (well that was the co :p)

I disagree GT with you because, for a person with 4 villas (us) and 3 coins saved due to farming and ongoing troops and village builds it works a treat, saves around 100k of each res for 4 coins (unless you have the coin flag then it is significantly less). Leaves you more res to educate nobles :). Yet at an early stage in the game it is better to use the coin thing as it will give you a larger advantage as most people will be pumping res into coins, now i can pump into troops :).

And I also think in this topic you should talk about flags because winning these assaults gives some pretty tasty flags :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13734

Fair enough Visser, but if you run a math simulation it really isn't worth it.

Yes its handy to have, it might boost you the coins you needed for another noble. But cost efficient when in comparison to other rewards available? No way.

You can easily farm 600k+ daily now using the right method, so the coin box is a bit of a write off IMO.

DeletedUser8621

I agree with GT, by the time i have 20 villages, 20 coins can be easily achieved. By that time you will probably have 40 noblemen built, if not more.

DeletedUser6857

1. still playing it everyday
2. not sure what I want from it.
3. No

DeletedUser12733

Fair enough Visser, but if you run a math simulation it really isn't worth it.

Yes its handy to have, it might boost you the coins you needed for another noble. But cost efficient when in comparison to other rewards available? No way.

You can easily farm 600k+ daily now using the right method, so the coin box is a bit of a write off IMO.

I did say early game :)... also it is probably one of the only perks that don't run out within 48 hours of being activated :D. The coins will give a great boost to those who are smaller and therefore give them chance to get ahead of others faster, and you know the fact if you get ahead fast and do it right then normally you stay ahead. This only applies to those who know how to play obviously. But i stand by the War chest :D

DeletedUser3473

I did say early game :)... also it is probably one of the only perks that don't run out within 48 hours of being activated :D.
How does that work then, I read it as a one use item? Am I missing something?

DeletedUser4753

Sorry Pip, I did not mean to hijack your last thread. Was just merely stating to d1mension that i would do him over if he ever decided to play :D

obvious troll is obvious

on coins it doesnt make sense for me, at max pits on 100's of villa world each vill after recruiting mints 1 coin each without farming, and with farming skys the limit, but say perhaps 3-4 a day per vila.

so for like 25% of your daily coin production seems a whole lotta coin waste

DeletedUser12733

How does that work then, I read it as a one use item? Am I missing something?

It is a one use item. But at least when you use it the coins don't stay there for 48 hours :) Hence why i said it. Please read before trying to comment smartly. I may be being arsey because seeing d1mension in a thread does that to me ;).

And you can use multiple buffs so why should it be just one?

DeletedUser3473

Please read before trying to comment smartly.
Visser, how many ppl you wanna pick a fight with? I've been nothing but civil, sorry you thought my post was trying to be smart, I was just asking a question, that's all.
Thanks for clarifying what you meant though - the coins last until used.

I'm actually rethinking the coin chest buff in favour of the extra loyalty drop. Only a couple of days left to choose now and I don't think I'll reach the 5k medals anyway.

DeletedUser12733

The noble boost was amazing for us on this account. We saw someone just cap a villa next to us (we use claims as markers to check growth and recent nobles in our area) and we ended up using that buff to cap off the guy, as we knew we could be unlucky with the 1 noble so we used the buff and we snapped it up :).

Also there was no fight which i tried to pick with you. I am a plain speaking man... honest and true to my word. I was just honest that i thought you post was a dig, but i did not say i wanted to argue or fight you. I am sure you have seen what it looks like when i offer someone out (thread with me and d1mension measure each others d***s).

Shame i didn't have more medals as Noble booster, War Chest, and the Supporting players where troops travel 30% faster. As team players its best to have the latter :D.

DeletedUser3473

Yeh, I'm gonna need more members in my tribe for that last one :D

DeletedUser12733

Well from what i have seen and done (from experience) It is the rim tribes who have more chance of running this world than the core. Normally the core all fight each other while the rim grows quietly and eats around the rim. Then when it is time the rim normally pushes in and if you do, manage to get more members who work together you could really make a difference in this world :).

The support thing is good to save into your inventory for later use in the game. I am going to be getting as much medals as i can to try snap that one up now :)