UK35 Win Condition 80% dominance for 10 days.

DeletedUser14646

Btw i just realized that on the uk servers you are not allowed any scripts that interact with the rally point so it wouldnt be 100.000 fakes most probably. But you can check it on a net where you can send 1000 fakes in a few seconds. Then you will see where watchtower comes in.

DeletedUser4753

whats more succesful than 100% success?
these buildings are standard because they are the most important, making your statement incorrect.

youve still not demonstrated how they are essential and would give someone a edge, nobles have always been distinguishable from any other troops, from the moment they are launched so even pre watchtower you already know.

.net is a entirely different game, i dont call it script wars for nothing.
.nets script rules are very attacker favoured, in that it takes 5 mins to send 1000's of attacks, and far longer to process them as a defender, even if you build a glorified tagger.

on .uk its more balanced and no aids are neccesary.

again i state tw has been going for many years without the existance of a watchtower, given that nothing has changed majorly when it comes to attacking someone, suggests that nothing neednt change when it comes to defending. which is what i believe the case to be.

OR are you suggesting for 15 plus years defending a opp has been impossible, because no such watchtower exists? if this is the case then its your knowledge of the game id bring into question.

DeletedUser14646

No, you could succesfully defend an OP but you would still lose villas. The most important thing about the watchtower is that it shows the troop count in each attack.

In a massive op you could lose 50-100 villas if you chose your stacks wrongly. Now that is not a problem. Played in net worlds for months defending massive ops and 2 months in nobody lost or gained a villa from an OP. If you know exactly who they are hitting then you defend it easily. Thats y it destroyed the game.

Imagine this, you noble 6 barbs 10 spaces behind enemy lines and you make all of those lvl 20 watchtowers and cover them from the rim, That would essentially cover all the areas and you would know the attack contents from 20-40h before. Simple as.

For 15+ years you had to defend against everything and make choices based on gut or "inside info" and now you dont have to.

At the end of the day i would love to play against a tribe full of players like you in w35 cause it would be a pretty easy victory. Honestly first time i see an experienced player that cant understand the importance of watchtowers.

DeletedUser14646

Lets assume that 2 tribes go against each other in a final war for the world. Both tribes are equally active and both tribes consist of the same quality players, the tribe with the watchtowers will win every single time only because the other team will have to defend everything.

Never played seriously on the UK servers to see the quality of players but on the GR and Net worlds ive played everyone knows some of your frontline villas are 20 watchtower standard. This is the first time i see someone argue that watchtowers are useless or that there is any building more important than a 20 watchtower in the late game.

DeletedUser4753

i think your missing the point, maybe watchtowers make bad defenders better and save them from giving away 100's of vills, but you could defend without losing vills before watchtowers existed. i have, others have, both before and after watchtowers.

now if you were arguing watchtowers should be built if they cost no resources and took no farm space, id be hard pressed to state why you shouldnt, as in even if they are useless like i say,, if thiers no down side then why not. but this isnt the case. its takes away troop space.

In the past defending was purely tactical decision making, its not luck or a hunch per sey, its analysing the opp

now when you consider from my perspective, i am going to be opped in 2 weeks, im pretty sure my skillset allows me defend without major village loss without having any watchtowers built, however i have 10 villages in prime locations for building watchtowers that happen to be empty.
if i build 10 watchtowers, i gain nothing as i could already defend the opp
if i build 10 def vills i can reduce loss's all round or assist a teammate
if i build 10 off vills i have more attacking potential.

i could pose a case for the latter 2 options, but why would i opt for the 1st one.

in late game ive played against people far larger than me, people who have mountains of pp to spam, people with 5 manning a account, these a solid advantages and ive faired just fine, i believe whatever advantage watchtowers give, if they do indeed give a competent player one, to be negligible in comparison to size, pp wealth, activity abuse. but as i say, thinking about it they probably do help bad players fair better at defending.

DeletedUser14646

Well im done this conversation leads nowhere since you think your skillset trumps the watchtower. Just a final question since you are that good that you dont need watchtowers. How do you beat a pretty good tribe with watchtowers, with your tribe if you people are not using any? How will your Ops go? What would be your strategy?

DeletedUser14646

Well im done this conversation leads nowhere since you think your skillset trumps the watchtower. Just a final question since you are that good that you dont need watchtowers. How do you beat a pretty good tribe with watchtowers, with your tribe if you people are not using any? How will your Ops go? What would be your strategy?

I want specific things you would do to win btw, i dont want you to tell me "with my skills", everyone here gets it you are so good that you dont see the use for a watchtower you tag the attacks and you get it 100% spot on all the time you ve never lost a villa before!!

DeletedUser4753

your not even answering my post, your just turning this into my ego vs world post, which today i dont care to argue, when you address the points ive made ill happily reply, but otherwise keep wasting your villages, i definitely wont lose sleep over you building watchtowers.

DeletedUser14646

I answered your posts many times also the fact that you make stupid points like it takes up farm space. Yea you clearly dont know the game. It tags every attack on every single village if it passes through it thats y you only build 5/6 of them. I usually only have a few lc and a few nobles in my watchtower villas to noble noobs like you from 30mins away. Yea i saw 2670 messages on the forum and i was intimmidated at first i thought this guy must know what he is talking about but no you are just a scrub that posts alot.

DeletedUser14646

Btw you have no arguments, no logical arguments at least. You say i dont need a watchtower cause im so good i never lose a village. You smell the fakes coming apparently. Never stacked the wrong villa apparently :p Oh i wish i was playing against you i wouldve never lost a single world.

DeletedUser4753

I answered your posts many times also the fact that you make stupid points like it takes up farm space. Yea you clearly dont know the game. It tags every attack on every single village if it passes through it thats y you only build 5/6 of them. I usually only have a few lc and a few nobles in my watchtower villas to noble noobs like you from 30mins away. Yea i saw 2670 messages on the forum and i was intimmidated at first i thought this guy must know what he is talking about but no you are just a scrub that posts alot.

Who the fuck are you calling a scrub, id wipe the floor with you any stage of the game despite me being 1/4 active and arsed as i used to be.
Once again you have failed to answer my point, so i wont be repeating myself, but feel free to keep patting yourself on the back.

Just another scriptwars noob.... yawn

DeletedUser14646

First of all no need to swear. Any logical person can answer this question except you.

Can you beat a person that is as good as you if he uses a watchtower and you dont? The answer is no.

Now i dont need a watchtower to destroy you, its evident from your answers on watchtower that your knowledge of the game is minimal. But If used a watchtower and u didnt and we were on a 1v1 battle im certain that i wouldnt lose a single villa to you. Try your boasting and egocentricity on someone else cause im not impressed. Ive played on worlds that you cant even imagine and was lucky to play with some of the best of the game. Im not saying im on their level but im way better than you, simply because i study the game and i progress with it while you just stood still all these years.

btw this was never a debate because there is no grey area. You have an opinion and its wrong (your opinion is "im so good i dont need watchtowers"). Im not gonna argue about something that all the best players decided was the worst addition to the game of all times.

DeletedUser4753

your so retarded man, i cant even be arsed disecting your post to show you how much so.

but lets look at some facts.

fact 1
this isnt about me, many decent players both before watchtowers and after watchtowers could defend successfully with or without them, their are worlds that came out before watch towers existed, and their are worlds that came out after they were invented without them, to say on a global scale that no one can defend successfully without them is absurd and ignorant, stop scapegoating this argument about me, not once have i blown my own trumpet until you called me a scrub to which i find laughable from a nobody.

fact 2
you have no idea who i am, so to try and describe my skills, is stupid. to try and describe the scale of worlds you have played compared to mine as unimaginable is also absurd and ignorant (detecting a theme here)

fact 3
you keep saying you mix with the best, and ALL the best players say this, tell me who? i have most tw players worth their salt on skype and i sincerely doubt they ALL told you their opinion on watchtowers, or in actuality have even heard of you

fact 4
This was a debate (until you started ignoring my points), thier does not need to be a grey area for a debate to be possible, thier is also no such thing as a wrong opinion. A opinion by definition is ones own interpretation of something that doesn't answer to morality of right and wrong, and by know means has anything you've said been factual.

fact 5
You can misquote me all you like, the beauty of dialogue via text means you cant lie so easy, not once have i said "im so good i dont need watchtowers" my point was defending was entirely possible to a successful level before they existed, and still entirely possible on non watchtower worlds.

again i ask, almost in futility, if watchtowers are so essential, how on earth has tw even worked as a game for the last 15 years.

I again dont expect you to answer my actual point, and probably drivel on about "how you and your friends universally disagree with me" and how "you think ur so good d1, yada yada" but one can hope

DeletedUser14646

Well you still dont get it and i have to stoop to your level once again to explain to you how logic works. This whole thing started by me saying watchtowers destroyed the game and that if 2 equally skilled and active tribes went against each other then the world could potentially go on forever because nobody would lose and nobody would gain villas.

When i say watchtowers destroyed the game and this is where your tiny little mind cant comprehend the concept of watchtowers, Before the watchtowers defending was pretty much a guessing game you just tried to predict the most likely targets and you stacked them, you sniped a few trains and prenoble/reclaimed some others but it was a guess (you can say estimated guess but it was still a guess unless you had someone on the inside). Now its not a guess anymore cause you know everything. How do you take a villa from a great player if he uses a watchtower with an OP?

Its not misquotes its paraphrasing , you said you could defend huge ops without losing a single villa so you dont need a glorified tagger and i paraphrased it to you are so good you dont need a watchtower you will find im pretty spot on. Also you lie about the numbers to make it seem like you know about the game in your greatest ever world i asked and i found out not only you came second but in the last ops you lost 20 villages every op lol

Anw im done not gonna argue with you anymore you obviously cant understand basic game principles so i ll just let you think what you may. Thankfully there are people like you and worlds dont go on forever.

DeletedUser4753

you have no idea how logic works, else even if you didnt agree with me youd understand where i was coming from.

defending isnt as random as youd like to make out, maybe you are used to fighting noobs who cave under the sheer volume of attacks but obvious fakes are obvious and tribalwars has had successful defenders since its inception, just because you are a guesser does not mean everyone is.

i gave you a example of where i have defended flawlessly without watchtowers. this isnt ego, this is a example citing factual information that happened.
What numbers have i lied about? w13 isnt my "greatest world ever" but if you consider almost doubling in size whilst being battered by a tribe over 2x your size a failure then i feel your too drunk to be talking with me.

watchtowers destroyed the game and yet around 50 worlds (guestimation) across tw have been won since thier addition.
watchtowers destroyed the game and yet even if they are the godlike building you suggest they are one could just adjust thier off def ratio as def wasnt needed for "guessing" anymore
watchtowers destroyed the game and yet the attacker has always been at a advantage and still is.
watchtowers destroyed the game and yet the last thing that actualy destroyed the game "army camps" were removed withing months of thier addition, unlike said watchtowers
watchtowers destroyed the game and yet some of the most competant players on this server dont utilize them
watchtowers destroyed the game and yet non watchtower worlds have not spiked in popularity and watchtower worlds have not plummeted in popularity.

congrats in finaly answering some of my points instead of rambling, still waiting on this long list of best players in the game you know personaly who agree with you though

DeletedUser920

This does feel like an argument at cross purposes.

Watchtowers are like anything in the game dynamics. They change game play. Sometimes you put a bunch of features together and you're not sure if you like the result. The first watchtower world I played had no fake limits (though on TW.uk fake scripts are not allowed) so the watchtowers could point out real attacks as soon as a front line was in place. Big players could not be surprised. The only successful response was real concerted tribal action on (massively) multiple targets and maybe that was no bad thing. Gains tended to be small though until someone changed sides in our front line and that whole defense complex crumpled. We weren't the biggest tribe and didn't gain the initiative, so would have lost in the end, but to say that watchtowers are not a useful tool in defense would be an exaggeration. Anyone who does not believe they help is free not to use them, just as some don't use archers - and that is their choice.

This world though we have fake limits (Which I think is good - one limping spearman and his dog should not wake up the whole countryside with rumours) and the watchtowers make sending smaller attacks (sub 1000 to look like fakes) feasible.

Changes changes - some turn out to be red herrings, others are ignored at your peril (back on uk1, the number of players taking on big accounts who thought they could ignore churches...)

What I don't know is whether the settings have affected whether the big tribes are fighting each other. The changes should have benefited newer players, with sensible lags between attacks (150ms for anyone not aware of the settings) that are achievable for people with poorer connections and newbies. Has this put players off of attacking other sizeable/experienced players or is it coincidental that they are playing tribalhugs and eating up the smaller players as if they were barbs ? I can see it is a winning strategy so far this world, but is it enjoyable and might it discourage newer players (more than getting your village smashed and nobled does anyway.)

DeletedUser14329

Watch towers are for little girls who go to bed at 8PM.