Night Bonus

DeletedUser

I don't understand why scouts aren't affected by night bonus. Surely if it's pitch black they're not going to be able to see much? :)

DeletedUser

If you could turn it off and on when you wanted. I'd just simply turn it on right before an attack hit, then turn it off afterwards.

DeletedUser

There would also be the problem in .net of the players different time zone an American player wouldn't be able to clear a British player without facing the bonus and visa verse..

DeletedUser

And once again, players like me would have the advantage. I am Canadian, but I sleep at random. (could be between 3am and 9 am or 4pm and 10 pm) So I'd be able to be awake whenever I wanted to clear a player without fear of retalliation.

Honestly, either a Nightbonus that is always at the same time (for all) or none at all.

DeletedUser

ok i read the help page on NB and am still confused. i've got a newer player asking what it's purpose is in the game and don't know how to answer them

DeletedUser

This is a UK server and most people in the UK sleep between the hours of 12am and 8am (well earlier if you've got to work!).

So the night bonus is there to give people the chance to sleep in peace knowing that if someone does attack you during the night then they will suffer heavy losses.

Obviously it doesn't stop people launching attacks in the middle of the night to land after 8am, but you can't have everything!

DeletedUser

ok i read the help page on NB and am still confused. i've got a newer player asking what it's purpose is in the game and don't know how to answer them
-.- you know im not new i need playing tribalwars for years im just new on .co.uk and i was half asleep when i noticed the night bonus thing:icon_confused:

DeletedUser3698

is the night bonus not between 12 and 7 as it says in the help page

"Night bonus is usually not activated as players play on different time zones.
If it is activated it is set so that players have a defence bonus of 100% between 0 and 7 o'clock."

DeletedUser2765

You know thats wierd. I checked the night bonus times when this thread created (because I originally thought it was 0 and 7 o'clock too) and it said 0 and 8 o'clock. I'll bring this up with Thar/Tracey as I know it said 0 - 8 when I checked it last time and the time before that it said 0 - 7. :icon_confused:

DeletedUser4

[tt]UK1 is 00:00 - 08:00
UK2 is 00:00 - 07:00

I think the saying goes variety is the spice of life
[/tt]

DeletedUser

I don't understand why scouts aren't affected by night bonus. Surely if it's pitch black they're not going to be able to see much? :)

Had to quote it made me laugh so much .

I love night bonus . I get a sense of relief at 12:00 and a settled nights sleep . When I played w1 I used to go to bed with a feeling of satistfaction thinking if anyone attacked me , more fool them.
It's also good for people who dont like getting sitters.

Variety is indeed the spice of life I like to play with night bonus and without night bonus obviously without night bonus I prefer a coplayer then I can sleep :)

Lisa <3

DeletedUser

Scenario: A 49p village without BP sits next level above your village. You set off to attack them, and notice that NB is active.

Question: Will an attack on them kill all of your troops, or is the bonus applied to their defensive troops coupled with their wall like normal, neither of which they are likely to have yet?

DeletedUser2765

If you are attacking a player that has troops but no wall, then Night Bonus comes into play.

If you are attacking a player that has no troops, but a wall, then Night Bonus comes into play.

If you are attacking a player that has troops and a wall, then Night Bonus comes into play.

If you are attacking a barbarian / bonus / abandoned village that has troops and/or a wall, then night bonus does not come into play.

DeletedUser

If you are attacking a player that has troops but no wall, then Night Bonus comes into play.

If you are attacking a player that has no troops, but a wall, then Night Bonus comes into play.

If you are attacking a player that has troops and a wall, then Night Bonus comes into play.

If you are attacking a barbarian / bonus / abandoned village that has troops and/or a wall, then night bonus does not come into play.

What about a player with no troops and no wall? And is the night bonus absolute protection, making them invincible?

DeletedUser2765

If the player has no troops and no wall, what bonus would there to be give him? I mean, there is still a Night Bonus on him, but nothing happens because of it. Night bonus increases the defensive value of the troops and the wall. So if there are no troops or wall, then the bonus can't affect anything.

No it does not make them invincible. It just doubles their defensive power. So if a spear has 15 defense against LC, it has 30 against LC (note: that is not necessarily the spears defensive power).

DeletedUser

If the player has no troops and no wall, what bonus would there to be give him? I mean, there is still a Night Bonus on him, but nothing happens because of it. Night bonus increases the defensive value of the troops and the wall. So if there are no troops or wall, then the bonus can't affect anything.

No it does not make them invincible. It just doubles their defensive power. So if a spear has 15 defense against LC, it has 30 against LC (note: that is not necessarily the spears defensive power).

Thanks for the info :)

DeletedUser2765

Oh and after running the calculations on the simulator, Night Bonus only affects troops it does not affect the wall.