What would be everyones greatest war of wars with tribes past and present? tribes from the UK server

DeletedUser

The posts from the players in KnK are full of delusion and their assessment of their own power is foolish to the point of stupidity. I expected better from the Pogues', I confess myself disappointed by your suggestion that you were the superior tribe to TuToR when Nauz/Detlef, Cory/AP, Abdo, Matt/Tom, Me/Luca were still playing... it's almost laughable.

Now I'm not one to boost any of their egos (because they are horrendously big enough) but pound for pound, any of them would be better than you. You seem to think they quit after startup. I'd like to point out that Abdo was rank 1 on UK1 at at least 7mil (I don't know when he quit), Tom has played on Anti-Shaft on UK1 till late game and achieved rank 1 OD(A) (with rank 4 points, I might add) at around 4-5mil points... I seem to recall Nauz telling me he has played till late-game on net... I've played till late-game on net. and UK (though I accept I'm very noob)... I'm really not sure what tree you lot are barking under; all the players have proven they CAN play till late-game, so they can easily hold their ground in late-game against you lot, but then they can excel you greatly at startup, and then, hypothetically speaking, you extrapolate their growth rate to late-game, they will naturally sail straight past you.

I'm pretty certain, if TuToR and KnK were to have a fight, at the time when TuToR was rank 1 and functioning perfectly well, with all the teachers present and me leading, I'm sure KnK would struggle to even take out Matt & Tom out in K54, let alone deal with the rest of TuToR. Would be fun to watch the vain struggle of KnK on UK7, much like the vain struggles of the same KnK on UK1 against W1N in their heyday...

DeletedUser

Elite is the given term to such players of high calibre! The players that have a life? i mean startup is very demanding. I would never be elite as i play the long late game, the game as ade says "you never got a life game" the in it to win it game! i wish some day i was elite :( .............................reaches for the razor blade!
Deluded post is deluded.
Most of the no lifing, elite, uber high caliber players lead lives, have jobs school or uni,
Pablo - like all the "elite" they have severe problems with reality, and all suffer with an intense ego problem which can only be resolved by dissing anyone else's success, under the pretense that "if they'd stuck around long enough", "things would have been different".
When we do stick around, they are. Cer-berus is a fine example. On w39, he has not been heavily active for months and is still well and far ahead of rank 2. While active, he was double rank 2 in points. I myself did a similar thing on w54, although not quite as massive. I was 3 million points, rank 2 was 2.1 million. Tis what happens when startup players stick around, they dominate.
Seeing as these "elite" have massive ego's, it would be rather amusing to see them all stuck in a tribe and trying to work as a team :icon_biggrin: it may have worked once before they gave themselves titles, but now that they all play for points and ratings, its clear that they've lost sight of what a "game" is.
We do....often.
Noun: A form of play or sport, esp. a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength, or luck.
Erm you've lost sight of how to win. I win when I have fun, otherwise I wouldn't play. I derive fun from the early, skill and risk intensive portion of the game.
In TW terms - you win the game as a tribe, by meeting the world win conditions which have been set. Who heard of a world who's win conditions were related to an individual.
as I said, you are the one with a narrow definition.
In all other games or sports, a player who only plays so far, or gets bored after the first round, or decides that they're so much better than everyone else they're just going to have a single roll of the dice and declare themselves winner - is regularly known as either a cheat, a loser, or simply put a poor sport.
Most games last much less time than a round of TW. Pray tell me the last time a sport (other than cricket) lasted more than a day or so.
You don't get long distance runners in the Olympics sprinting flat out to the first bend, looking behind them and saying: oh.. i've clearly won, so i won't bother anymore.
No,because long distance runners are you. I on the other hand am a sprinter. I like the first, fast portion of the race. Just because it could go on doesn't mean it needs to.
I think its about time these self declared "elite" retire their "thrones" and disappear, as they are clearly bored of the game and play only to gratify their ego's that they can sprint to the first corner faster - disregarding the fact that that isn't actually the point of the game...!
And we are the deluded ones :icon_rolleyes:
also, insulting other members is infractable.
The irony is, whoever gets those "1sts" tend to be better players. You pitch Nauzhror against yourself within each other's 15x15, I'm almost certain he would noble you in the long-run, unless you went completely D-strat, but then you would be outgrown by him cause HC is less efficient than LC.

Perhaps those "1sts" show the quicker startup players? Better farmers? Lucky in their startup location? (we've all read the conspiracy threads regarding some players "luck" being surrounded by barbs on day 1) more time to play the game? Better scripts, or in your case better bot??

I'm not the greatest startup player myself, but then I haven't quit every world and restarted over and over again on others to get the practice in..

Mike, in KnK being in Nauz 15x15 would not be necessarily removed, due to his tribal support, the same would go for any of our members who were putting in the time and effort.. we are talking about tribes here right? Just there seems to be a lot of solo Ego talk.. yet again..

But sticking to the end of the world is pretty sad... I mean, it just shows someone have nothing better to do with their life then just come home from work/school/whatever and just sit at their computer and waste time playing TW obsessively, mass-recruit, oh look, throw a few nukes there, fart a bit, knock themselves out at 2am, wake up the following morning, log in and see whether they have incoming, no, leave for work, rinse and repeat...

Well, that sums up the game as a whole really, its time based, real time, and time consuming, we all know that. I could argue that more time is required playing at startup than later game allowing players who do stay till the end more time for real life, those that keep starting new worlds are more sad perhaps?
You missed out farming in your list, that takes more time than anything to start with.

It's not skill. It's just repetitive. To highlight, I am easily skilled enough to be rank 1 at late-game, but not so at start-up? Why? Two possible reasons : Maybe my farming methods are flawed. I doubt this, but who knows? 2. I'm not willing to commit so much time to TW to be THAT good.

I agree, it is repetition, at startup more so than late game. Of course there is a certain amount of skill, albeit simplified with scripts, and most of that is down to timing.

As a tribe, and looking at the bigger picture comes more skill however, you need to make predictions, educated guesses if you like, play your own account as well as help others so that they too can learn if need be, but enjoy the game at the same time.

How are you easily skilled enough to be rank 1 in late game? If your not one of the "1sts" in the startup, your doomed right?

Your farming methods may be flawed, or the algorithms of your Bot, but you never spent the time legit players did. We know you were not willing through your own admissions.

At late-game, even if I log on in my current inactive state, I can maintain a rank 1.

Just you? Or anyone? Are we talking about a world your currently playing, or any world with any other tribes playing that world?

At startup, there would be no chance in hell of doing so. Because there are so many better players, faster growers, more aggressive attackers, and better farmers. Period.

Stating the obvious, and confirming what I said earlier, those that repeat play startup, play more than those that stick it out to the end and do in fact have lives.

I don't know why people choose to glorify in the sad venture of lasting to the end of a world.

Really? Its all about world domination, not possible if you run away after a couple of months

It's not about winning... it's about having fun.

Thats right, "its not the winning, its the taking part". LOL no its not, its about winning, which makes it more fun than losing, as is every game played, computer games, console games, football games, athletics, I wont go on.

Considering how one of my coplayers on Uk10 was a ex-TuToR newb who was coplaying me and matching Nauzhror for a brief period of time on haulage per day, I think you'll find your summary of TuToR is woefully inadequate. And ofc it was full of incompetence... we recruited noobs who wanted to learn, didn't we? And now they are no longer noobs. Sure, some are still lacking... but they are better than before, and we've certainly added a few more skilled players to the mix. Please don't try and compare your sorry selves with a teaching tribe. Man, I would feel disgraced that my own tribe (KnK) was unable to outgrow the rank 1 TuToR despite the copious amounts of incompetence we are claimed to harbour in our ranks.

Says a lot about your tribe.

But we have always took in players without knowledge of the game, helped them learn the basics as we did, and play the game at the same time, without telling the world so we can hide behind the fact when we start losing, you were not a teaching tribe, you wanted your egos massaged, and that worked wonders for you.

From the very early days of world 7, KnK were rank 1 ODA, fact, and we have stayed there, so whilst you were hugging, and "teaching" this game that "requires no skill" thus requires no teaching, we were removing tribes around us. I wouldn't compare our tribe to one that teaches "no skill", there is no comparison.

Anyone can mass recruit...

As KnK have clearly demonstrated on UK7.

Yes, with our seriously low ODA ODD from day 1 and high member count that we always had...?

Lol, I seem to recall when me, Nauz, Abdo, Temporary and a few others quit, we were still rank 1, and therefore ahead of you. Thus, you are wrong.

No, we did catch you up in points, we were already ahead of you with OD stats, we had a better foundation on the map, we were looking solid compared to yourselves, we knew it, you knew it.

You're definition of an elite player needs modification. Players should be measured on their skill, not on how long they last in a world. Only noobs value longevity on this sad game.

So, a 1 on 1 match as you have mentioned a couple of times.. The player who leaves first is the better player? Or the one who lasts?

Your whole definition on the winning of this game needs modification..

Feel free to look here

http://forum.tribalwars.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15522

In the player stats, there are KnK players at the top from a very early stage, but we're talking tribes right?

Look at the tribe stats..

The only stats that show TuToR at the top involve points.. anything related to OD and we were ahead of you.. We must have mass recruited those OD stats whilst you were point whoring.
horribly formatted post is horribly formatted.
Lets hit a few points, in no order:
Your definition of winning is different than my definition. If you try to force your definition of winning on me, I'll be happy to rim you so you can't complete your definition.

TuToR was the crappiest teaching tribe I have ever been a part of, it still tought up and away better than any tribe you've ever been a part of.

Earlygame, OD is really bad to have, it shows a lack of troops. You will find that TuToR players were the first 2 or 3 to get full level 30 farms. OD doesn't tell the truth always.

By the time you caught up to TuToR, all the good players had quit. While the good players were active, we had a 300K lead :icon_neutral: (and the stats/maps back me up on that one)

Since you bring it up every three lines, I will say it again: your definition of winning is lasting to the end of the world. Mine isn't. Mine is proving to myself that I could, should I devote the time and effort. If you want to prove my definition wrong, I will make it impossible for you to realize yours.

There is no comparison between TuToR and KnK. One was bad, the other was worse. Yours was the worse one sadly.

Compared to players that make arguments like yours, i'd venture that these no-lifing, addict startup players lead much less TWcentric lives.

DeletedUser

Elite is the given term to such players of high calibre! The players that have a life? i mean startup is very demanding. I would never be elite as i play the long late game, the game as ade says "you never got a life game" the in it to win it game! i wish some day i was elite :( .............................reaches for the razor blade!

Oh god this thing again..

Your argument is a few things. Childish as you resort to insults about not having a life which given that my account has been entirely inactive for 2 weeks and is ranked #12 is hysterical. Hypocritical, and merely a straw man and an appeal to emotions.

You all who are placing down starts are the top people are doing so while stating that you are late gamers, and are pushing that forward as the more important thing. Merely building your own ego. :icon_neutral:

But the real thing which I find hysterical is your failure to understand that no matter what argument you make, being ahead is normally an advantage. So starting out with a lead and maintaining or expanding it is much better than starting slowly, then eating easy villages and catching up as people slow down due to boredom.

Now personally I have maintained accounts in the top 10 from 1 village to 500 without taking a single internal village. So I believe as someone who has succeeded at both I can say without question that for an individual early game is much harder, and if you are attempting to judge the individual player than early game is really where you should look, because it shows an understanding of the mechanics of the game. Simply put your statement about activity simply shows me a lack of understanding, my account has gone yellow, and is #12, the odds are you are more active than me.

And if you were in any way good at this game you would have passed me. Now what is late game good for? Well many things, commitment, tribal level activities, and leadership, are better tested there. Though of late people seem to just want to close wars and are afraid of their own demise so merging is abundant. Which is not a sign of skill nor is internal nobling which is what 99% of late gamers do.

Personally with my scheduled after leaving highschool I do not see how I could ever commit to a world for the time to be a late gamer again, I refuse to set sitters for long periods of time, so with an inability to play ~180 days of the year, I dont see why I would play that anymore. I have and to high level of successes but I never really found it took much effort if I wasn't leading.

DeletedUser8768

You will find the definition of winning on tribal wars is set out by the game itself, and the "win" conditions for each world, my interpretation is correct where this game in concerned.

There truly are some people here that think they are absolutely unstoppable.

It just isn't true, I know how to play this game as well as any of the top players mentioned, I understand all aspects of the game, the mechanics, and what would've required of me to succeed.

Why are you so over confident that you could send me to the rim? I say your wrong!

This game is about tribes, again and again I see mention of individual players, if they faced a solid tribe, they would fall, we have seen and heard of top players getting gang banged, it could happen to anyone of us if the situation at the time is not in our favour.

Why are the members of tutor so much better than that of all other tribes? What advantage do they really have? None in some cases.

What makes the players in knk so bad? Where have we gone wrong to dominate our world early on and never lose sight of our goals and achieve them?

Of course, had the likes of tutor and other tribes stuck around, the world would of played out different, I don't deny that, I don't deny that we would have had to play a different stratigical game, and it more than likely would of been more of a challenge, a welcome challenge at that.

If you think for one minute we would of been a walk in the park, you are very deluded, my view on the success of this game is purely based on tribal support, teamwork as well as the time dedicated and certain skills / knowledge required to play.

Knk have no issues where teamwork is concerned, that is, and always will be our gratest strength, I would go as far as to say we would face a far bigger challenge from a tribe of loyal supportive team based average players, than that of one with a few egos, and followers where the teamwork might be as strong.

I've not taken anything away from the ex tutor players, I don't doubt they are good players, I honestly don't think it takes much to be that great on this game.

I've not slated any single tribe in their method to become rank 1 on the world they play, they played the world, adapted to the surroundings, and got it right.

We can all say what if, and things would have been different if...
But they are not, W1N will win world 1 regardless of how they got there, they played the game to win, we will win world 7, we have played that world how we needed to and adjusted at the right times.

Get over it.

DeletedUser

you do realise this argument could go on for days weeks?

i think everyone has their own idea of what makes/what is a successful tribe and what makes a good player, but maybe once in a while we should just keep over views to ourselves, i have been on the end of a KNK op and i have to say they seemed to plan it down to every last detail and managed to nearly cripple a whole tribe in one day,

DeletedUser3642

Cheers Chaz :)

On W1 - where we were a significant amount smaller in size than T4H, we gave them a good run for their money, the war stats in our favour for a good period of time, and the internal T4H newsletters reitterated this. The reason we fell was not due to lack of skill, but simply put and confirmed by their Duke, Baskb, was their shere size difference. We have openly admitted we lost this war, but it was not due to lack of skill.

I think if you speak to any KnK member, they will quite openly say that KnK is unlike any other tribe they have been in, the community is central to the tribe rather than the individual. And above all else, we treat this game for what it is - a game intended for fun, hence why on W1 despite T4H's op on us before Christmas, we still all went on our pre-arranged Tribal piss up (which has been repeated several times since).

Ade - you disappoint me. You miss the entire reason for the KnK Rant here.

The reason we are ranting, is because CF, yourself and others of your cronies with massively over inflated egos, are diminishing our pending win of W7 by inferring your superiority - a superiority which you have decided upon with absolutely no basis whatsoever. You cannot compare what you have not experienced. We have never said we are the best. We have never said that we would beat TuToR hands down. We have never said that we have all the best players. We are not posting here to massage our Egos, but to defend what we have achieved by playing by the rulebook. Perhaps you should read the rulebook some day?

We do not appreciate or respect comments which imply we are only where we are because you left the world. Your short sightedness is insulting and laughable. Perhaps you need a cuddle from someone to reassure you hmm?

DeletedUser

You will find the definition of winning on tribal wars is set out by the game itself, and the "win" conditions for each world, my interpretation is correct where this game in concerned.
Where...
There truly are some people here that think they are absolutely unstoppable.
yes, you. I know I'm not. I know who is better than me. You apparently don't.
It just isn't true, I know how to play this game as well as any of the top players mentioned, I understand all aspects of the game, the mechanics, and what would've required of me to succeed.
What are inner, func, and hb_offset?
Why are you so over confident that you could send me to the rim? I say your wrong!
Why are you so confident you could beat me?
I've seen you play before, you didn't impress me, even for a "late gamer."
This game is about tribes, again and again I see mention of individual players, if they faced a solid tribe, they would fall, we have seen and heard of top players getting gang banged, it could happen to anyone of us if the situation at the time is not in our favour.
Rumble was the best, most coordinated, best led tribe ever to hit co.uk...it was a startup nub tribe.
Why are the members of tutor so much better than that of all other tribes? What advantage do they really have? None in some cases.
as a whole they weren't. They were simply more coordinated. However, the good teachers (abdo, nauz, cory) are up and away better than any and everyone else on the uk server.
What makes the players in knk so bad? Where have we gone wrong to dominate our world early on and never lose sight of our goals and achieve them?
Nothing. I've never said you are bad. You obviously aren't. I've made 2 statements: 1. just because start up players play only start up, doesn't mean they aren't bad, 2. I believe myself, and most startup players to be superior to you in all stages of the game. You might be good in someones eyes, you aren't necessarily great in mine.
Of course, had the likes of tutor and other tribes stuck around, the world would of played out different, I don't deny that, I don't deny that we would have had to play a different stratigical game, and it more than likely would of been more of a challenge, a welcome challenge at that.

If you think for one minute we would of been a walk in the park, you are very deluded, my view on the success of this game is purely based on tribal support, teamwork as well as the time dedicated and certain skills / knowledge required to play.
Its funny that for having similar views on what is required to play the game, you are so completely deluded from what is actually the case.
Knk have no issues where teamwork is concerned, that is, and always will be our gratest strength, I would go as far as to say we would face a far bigger challenge from a tribe of loyal supportive team based average players, than that of one with a few egos, and followers where the teamwork might be as strong.
You still don't get it do you...Those egoful tribes have the best teamwork I've ever seen, mainly because players can all play, and are mature and have no issues with helping each other. When was the last time a frontline player in your tribe sent out all (every village) of defense they had as support? I have, and I've seen it done.
I've not taken anything away from the ex tutor players, I don't doubt they are good players, I honestly don't think it takes much to be that great on this game.

I've not slated any single tribe in their method to become rank 1 on the world they play, they played the world, adapted to the surroundings, and got it right.
Actually you have.
for example:
you said:
From the very early days of world 7, KnK were rank 1 ODA, fact, and we have stayed there, so whilst you were hugging, and "teaching" this game that "requires no skill" thus requires no teaching, we were removing tribes around us. I wouldn't compare our tribe to one that teaches "no skill", there is no comparison.

We can all say what if, and things would have been different if...
But they are not, W1N will win world 1 regardless of how they got there, they played the game to win, we will win world 7, we have played that world how we needed to and adjusted at the right times.

Get over it.
Ah, but I already won world 7, so did nauz, and so have probably hundreds of other players. Just because your way of winning takes years doesn't mean that winning has to. Once I've proven to my self that I could and should, if I stick around, win the world, I'm done, unless others are playing and making the game fun or competative.
you do realise this argument could go on for days weeks?

i think everyone has their own idea of what makes/what is a successful tribe and what makes a good player, but maybe once in a while we should just keep over views to ourselves, i have been on the end of a KNK op and i have to say they seemed to plan it down to every last detail and managed to nearly cripple a whole tribe in one day,
Yeap, luckily I have nothing better to do, because apparently I have no school or job, and sit in a basement playing my computer with meals delivered to me. The last time I saw the sun was 2 weeks ago. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser3642

Where...

When was the last time a frontline player in your tribe sent out all (every village) of defense they had as support? I have, and I've seen it done.

actually... the majority of our tribe have done this on occasion.

DeletedUser

First, I would Like to thank Skillz for starting a good thread.

Also I do not know the UK tribes as well as I know the .net ones so these are my opinions. However when identifying tribes this is a hard question anyway, as it depends on when you would like the fight to take place; early on with limited villages or late world where two tribes effectively own large portions of the world. I will do it late on with tribes who have a reasonable foothold.

First I would Like to put a few tribes forward myself (and there are no correct answers here) from uk servers

1. TFF - World 3 who are doing very well against Death.
  2. The WZP - =FATE= war from world 4; and for this one I like FATE, nothing against WZP I just like FATE, smaller compact tribe not recruited to the limit.
Now as far great wars, There have been some good one in the UK worlds but it depends how full on you want it. Wars of note from the dot net servers are:

1. Black Dawn against tardis from W30; rank 1 and rank 2 tribes, both under 30 players in a 100 player world; both tribes had very active experienced players and was a short but full on war of two very offensive tribes.
  2. Warlords angainst pretty much everyone else in World 1 in dot net; this war has been going on for ever and O Great One (the family arch duke) has kept this tribe together very well and even when it looked like they were going down they kept fighting, worked as a team and over the years are now rank 1 in the world. The sucess here is down to OGO's ability to plan operations.
  3. Next one is another family tribe, CULT from W3 in dot net and their war with just about everyone, and this tribe owe their lifespan to Kreger who is one of the best diplomats and diplomatic strategists I have ever met in the game. Again this has
So I have chosen one short war between small compact experienced tribes; and two long standing wars between two individual family tribes and pretty much everyone else (although cult through Kregers diplomacy put together a better alliance than the alliance they beat); I have chosen these because running a war with one tribe is hard enough, running one with a family and being sucessful is even harder as families very rarely work.

Early on - this is a hard one as you really need experienced very active players, and good starters sometimes get bored and become inactive or don't do well late on; examples of this are Purple Predator is probably one of the best starters in this game and his tribes when he had time to run them in dot net always did well but as a player he likes the fun of the start but moves on so a war against PP early on would be manick. In the right circumstances I think early on a war between reverend and duffy would be worth seeing if they both had tribes as they are both skilled starting players who with a good tribe behind them would be fun to see.

I am going to stop there as I could go on for ever with players and tribes from the dot net worlds that would make fun wars but to be honest the deciding matter on a good war is the players you are with and the "banter" you have when at war. With this in mind I have to say personally the most fun I have had at war has to be:

..... Black Dawn and Tardis from W30 in the dot net worlds as when the war was started we set up a shared Skype room and had an amazing time insulting each others noble train speeds and when ever we messed up on an attack and although the war was short it was a great laugh and thats what the game is all about....... having fun and not mindlessly nobling villages against an aponent or getting to personal and throwing insults at one another that are meant and not done in fun, and the fact we lost (Tardis) and I still thoroughly enjoyed the fun pretty much says it all.

So thanks for reading this small novel :icon_eek:

TT

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Why is everyone suddenly obsessed with TuToR?

Had TuToR teachers stayed on Uk7, KnK would be a mere shadow of it's current existence. That is MY opinion. You may claim that nothing would change. That is YOUR opinion. At the end of the day, it is all speculation. You're never going to admit, as a duke or member of KnK, that KnK is vastly inferior to most of those "elite tribes", so you clearly do have an ego to massage. To argue that "startup" players are only posting to massage their egos is very narrow-minded and hypocritical.

TuToR taught it's member a lot of stuff, even Adellion learned a thing or two. However, what we failed to teach them is initiative, the ability to adapt to their circumstances. Most of the members were sitting there expecting to be spoon fed information, and which is what we did for a while. But the core of the members never thought for themselves, which was seen in their decline after the teachers left. In my eyes, TuToR was neither a failure nor a success. To brag that you were able to surpass TuToR when the so-called "elite" had already left, is quite pointless no? Player-wise, the world was dominated by Temporary and Tyranny, aswell as Abdo and Death Lurks. Not just by points, we were hauling the most, had the most villages and had the most troops (The first 3 level 30 farms belong to Death Lurks, Temporary and Tyranny, not sure about the order). The idea that any of the current players would pass either myself or Tyranny without us quitting is quite hilarious. Myself and Cory gave up on the world around February time, when TuToR was rank 1 and we were rank 1 in points, troops and resources hauled. Tribe-wise, the world revolved around TuToR(forgive my "ego"). I don't think KnK was mentioned on the externals at all until TuToR teachers quit.

Again, let me emphasize, that your opinions, and mine, are only speculation. However, you're arguing in order to enlarge your achievement of ending Uk7, which, I and several others, believe is an achievement which should be belittled. I can argue from personal experience, and that of others:

I've finished two worlds, from start to end, being top ten from day 1/2 to end. Heck, I'm probably gonna end up ending a third world soon. I can tell you, the longer you play, the more boring it gets. Feel free to stay if you enjoy it, but I'd consider players weak-willed who aren't willing to quit when the game is no longer fun just to "win" this game. And yes, win is entirely subjective. There was no system to win worlds until about a year ago. If you go and end Uk7, sure, TW will label you winners, but in my opinion the winner is the person who could play the game and have fun. I've talked with a few players who won W12, and they said they wouldn't want to play another world; the amount of time spent ending w12 took away all their fun. Most "startup" players have played late game, at high ranks too. The only people who claim ranking high, player or tribewise, late game is anymore of an achievement than ranking high at startup are those who don't rank high at startup. Players who rank high at both startup and lategame acknowledge that startup is more competitive and more fun. An example, which has already been mentioned, is lodda. He's played accounts longer than UK has existed as a server, and he would admit that startup is more competitive. Until you've managed to be successful at both startup and late game, you really can't give judgment on it.

Another point to consider; when you're top ranked at startup, you're ranked above the "late gamers". When you're top ranked at late game, you are not ranked above the "start up players". Maybe you would be, maybe you wouldn't, but that's speculation again. So lategamers never outperform start up players, they just get bored less easily.

For those of you who actually read my post and wish to respond, please don't regurgitate the same garbage which has been posted on the last two pages of this thread. I don't care about your speculation of how epic you are or how startup players can't commit to a world. Your opinion, no matter how highly you value it, is irrelevant in an argument unless you can back it up with evidence which isn't speculation.

DeletedUser

Another point to consider; when you're top ranked at startup, you're ranked above the "late gamers". When you're top ranked at late game, you are not ranked above the "start up players". Maybe you would be, maybe you wouldn't, but that's speculation again. So lategamers never outperform start up players, they just get bored less easily.

For those of you who actually read my post and wish to respond, please don't regurgitate the same garbage which has been posted on the last two pages of this thread. I don't care about your speculation of how epic you are or how startup players can't commit to a world. Your opinion, no matter how highly you value it, is irrelevant in an argument unless you can back it up with evidence which isn't speculation.

The contentext of your post could have been good, however the arogance behind it unfortunately shines through.

If you had posted with just a small amount of humility you would be worthy of a little more respect. My reasoning behind this is no matter how good you are starting or finishing, when you trully have nothing left to prove you no longer have any need to try and put yourself across as some god of the game which youve tried to do here, and to be honest those who really can put themselves alongside the highest players in TW, no longer play any more but duck in and out ocasionally just to catch up with people.

Tutor, all I am going to say is they were a reasonable (and thats all they were reasonable, as I have known Adel for a while); however a handful of "elite" players with poor team play look good for a short time but fall appart against a more active team of people who work well together. Skill in this game means nothing when the palyers don't work together and they are against team of maybe lesser skilled people who work as a team and are more active. I have seen "elite tribes" fall appart because they are mailny offensive (which can work well at start up but no good later on) and don't support each other well.

If you really wish to show your skill as a player and leader give evidence of being on the losing side against large odds and instead of complaining abut the server, not having a coplayer, it is now "Boring and you were more interested in another world" or many other random excuses I have heard from people you stand up, show your skill as a TEAM and win. It's easy to win when you are large (and yes KnK fall into that on W7) its harder to win or just fight and have fun and not quit when you are out-numbered.

Lastly, and again, respect your fellow TW players and leave ATTITUDE at the door.

TT

DeletedUser

Lastly, and again, respect your fellow TW players and leave ATTITUDE at the door.

Hypocrisy is hysterical.

The contentext of your post could have been good, however the arogance behind it unfortunately shines through.

If you had posted with just a small amount of humility you would be worthy of a little more respect.
So what he said was correct, you had issue with how he said it. You realize how dumb that sounds when you rephrase it to plain English? What does it matter how he says something if it is right.

My reasoning behind this is no matter how good you are starting or finishing, when you trully have nothing left to prove you no longer have any need to try and put yourself across as some god of the game which youve tried to do here, and to be honest those who really can put themselves alongside the highest players in TW, no longer play any more but duck in and out ocasionally just to catch up with people.

Random ominous "facts." This is hysterical you push forward the idea that the only reason to play is to "prove" yourself siting it as the reason all the "good" players who have "proven" themselves have already left.:icon_confused:

Here is an idea, and follow me because this is a radical idea, perhaps some play for fun:icon_neutral: Wait that is too logical, this is a game after all just forget I said anything!

To go further, you're telling me that Usan Bolt is humble?!?!??1!!! OR you are saying he isnt good because he isnt humble!??!

Neither of those make sense, and did he retire because he killed the world record by the largest interval ever while fist pumping at the end? Oh wait he didn't just retire, because everything you said makes absolutely no sense.

Get a grip on reality.

DeletedUser

I don't think the original question was about great start-up players. Respect to those guys who achieve great start-up, mid and end-game play without cheating, but the question was about great tribes and wars.

Nobody in KnK is claiming that we are the best tribe on the UK servers but it's funny how some people feel the need to detract from our achievements (in order to boost their own egos perhaps?)

- As a tribe, we work as a team, not individuals (the "tribal" bit in Tribal Wars).

- Our leaders (the Pogues) have positioned us well. We all came to W7 knowing that we would be expected to play aggressively and from as close to centre as we could start. From Day 1 there was a plan and this has been modified throughout the game to ensure that we would win the world. How many other tribes have that type of leadership? The Pogues have picked our battles and our allies well throughout the game and ensured that all members participate or are supported throughout the game (the "wars" bit in Tribal Wars).

So, although KnK may not be the greatest tribe to have graced the UK Servers I think the fact that we have worked as a team throughout the game and are still battling on to end-game very much as the tribe we started as means that we are working well together. To me it's a great tribe; I don't really care what anyone else thinks.

Anyway, while reading through this thread a famous quote comes to mind:
Those that can, do.
Those that can't, teach.

;)

DeletedUser

To go further, you're telling me that Usan Bolt is humble?!?!??1!!! OR you are saying he isnt good because he isnt humble!??!

Neither of those make sense, and did he retire because he killed the world record by the largest interval ever while fist pumping at the end? Oh wait he didn't just retire, because everything you said makes absolutely no sense.

I will try in simple terms.

His post was arogant, I have seen this type of post many times over the years and no matter how much you scream and shout to defend your friend he is still way to arogant and takes the game way too seriously. So he needs to learn humility....... it is a game.

Most of the players who I identify as have been the best over the years have left, sorry just a fact, a few are about but not many, most just lose interest and leave. Its easy to try and prove yourself against a group of people if you pick the right group (if you cant work out what this means don't shout just send me a mail and I can break this down into simple terms).

TT

DeletedUser6695

Could you name the players you consider great? I'm curious

DeletedUser8768

I'm not looking for an all out argument, its pointless, I will respond to your questions directed at me, but then I'll leave it be so the original thread starter can get some responses they would rather get in this thread.

I will just say that Mikes post #66 sums up what I was thinking when I was driving home earlier today, I'm simply defending myself and my tribe who will win a world fair and square, I, as others have simply got a bit sidetracked as people do on forums..

I hope this post reads a bit easier than my other one, using quotations instead

http://forum.tribalwars.co.uk/index.php

If you scroll to the bottom of the page, under "worlds" those that have closed or been decided state what the win conditions are, world 7 is due to be updated very soon with 100% win condition, which has been confirmed by admin that will decide who "wins" that world.

yes, you. I know I'm not. I know who is better than me. You apparently don't.

I havent said anywhere I'm unstoppable, ever, I dont know who is better than me, genuinely, there are certain players that I think "hmm, this is going to be tricky" or "I may be a bit stuffed here next to this player" but I can honestly say, I have never actually had a battle against any of the players I personally consider to be great at the game, and many times on the world 7 forums I have posted about the lack of competition after some of those players left, but I think its fair to say we have still had our hands full with the rest of the world fighting on all fronts 99% of the time.

What are inner, func, and hb_offset?

Ah, now thats too easy!!

inner

This is an abbreviation of "inner circle" or what is now known as the "circle Line" in London.

A quote from wikipedia

The Circle line, coloured yellow on the tube map, is the eighth busiest line on the London Underground.[3] It forms a loop line around the centre of London on the north side of the River Thames with, since 13 December 2009, an extension to Hammersmith on its north-western side.

Func

This is a slang alteration of the word funk,

Taken again from wikipedia

Funk is a music genre that originated in the mid-late 1960s when African American musicians blended soul music, jazz and R&B into a rhythmic, danceable new form of music.

hb_offset

This is a pencil used by only a few select artists.

It is based on the original HB pencil, only the lead is slightly "offset" in the wooden shaft

Sorry, no quote from wiki on this one for some reason?

Why are you so confident you could beat me?
I've seen you play before, you didn't impress me, even for a "late gamer."

Ok, Ive not claimed anywhere (or at least I don't think I have) to be a "late gamer", I consider myself reasonable at startup, and throughout the game.
I can only assume those that consider themselves a late gamer are poor at startup in there own eyes?

Im not quite sure where you have seen me play before, which account, which world?, Ill stand corrected if you have, I'm pretty sure if you have seen me, I wasn't trying to impress you, or anyone else for that matter, just playing the game.

Rumble was the best, most coordinated, best led tribe ever to hit co.uk...it was a startup nub tribe.

I cannot disagree with you on that, because I simply don't know the facts.

as a whole they weren't. They were simply more coordinated. However, the good teachers (abdo, nauz, cory) are up and away better than any and everyone else on the uk server.

Theres a few names I know there, and I only know these names through there reputations for being great players, Im not denying they are, nor am I saying I am better than any of them.

Nothing. I've never said you are bad. You obviously aren't. I've made 2 statements: 1. just because start up players play only start up, doesn't mean they aren't bad, 2. I believe myself, and most startup players to be superior to you in all stages of the game. You might be good in someones eyes, you aren't necessarily great in mine.

I'm not judging players ability to play the game on when they start or end a world, I'm talking about tribes as a whole really, I'm simply defending my own, as I would expect others to do if there win was being questioned as to the reasons why.

Its funny that for having similar views on what is required to play the game, you are so completely deluded from what is actually the case.

I don't think I'm deluded, I think its more a case of you not understanding the point I'm trying to get across, perhaps partly due to me not wording things in a way that is understood by everyone, I'm not sure? but deluded, I'm not, I think I'm very logical and realistic in my thinking.

You still don't get it do you...Those egoful tribes have the best teamwork I've ever seen, mainly because players can all play, and are mature and have no issues with helping each other. When was the last time a frontline player in your tribe sent out all (every village) of defense they had as support? I have, and I've seen it done.

I do get it completely, its all about teamwork in this game, without a doubt, a tribe with 3 great players and 50 poor players is going to struggle, or a tribe where communication is poor, respect is not present, friendship none existent and support fails compared to a tribe where all of the above is present.

Ah, but I already won world 7, so did nauz, and so have probably hundreds of other players. Just because your way of winning takes years doesn't mean that winning has to. Once I've proven to my self that I could and should, if I stick around, win the world, I'm done, unless others are playing and making the game fun or competative.

No you didnt, the win for world 7 will be 100% domination.

You may have achieved your own goals, but that doesn't constitute a win on that particular world.

Yeap, luckily I have nothing better to do, because apparently I have no school or job, and sit in a basement playing my computer with meals delivered to me. The last time I saw the sun was 2 weeks ago. :icon_rolleyes:

I must be the same then, Apparently playing the long game takes up more time than startup does even with the huge amount of farming required early on, although I'm fairly sure I spend a lot less time playing late game than I do when everyone is fighting for 30 iron 10 wood, and possibly some clay, whilst avoiding others paladins....

feel free to pm me regarding when you played the same world as me, I'm genuinely interested, and it keeps it out of this forum so others can carry on with the topic.

DeletedUser

If you had posted with just a small amount of humility you would be worthy of a little more respect. My reasoning behind this is no matter how good you are starting or finishing, when you trully have nothing left to prove you no longer have any need to try and put yourself across as some god of the game which youve tried to do here, and to be honest those who really can put themselves alongside the highest players in TW, no longer play any more but duck in and out ocasionally just to catch up with people.

Tutor, all I am going to say is they were a reasonable (and thats all they were reasonable, as I have known Adel for a while); however a handful of "elite" players with poor team play look good for a short time but fall appart against a more active team of people who work well together. Skill in this game means nothing when the palyers don't work together and they are against team of maybe lesser skilled people who work as a team and are more active. I have seen "elite tribes" fall appart because they are mailny offensive (which can work well at start up but no good later on) and don't support each other well.

If you really wish to show your skill as a player and leader give evidence of being on the losing side against large odds and instead of complaining abut the server, not having a coplayer, it is now "Boring and you were more interested in another world" or many other random excuses I have heard from people you stand up, show your skill as a TEAM and win. It's easy to win when you are large (and yes KnK fall into that on W7) its harder to win or just fight and have fun and not quit when you are out-numbered.

TT

If you can not afford me the courtesy to read my post, please do not bother replying at all. Let me quote myself:
Your opinion, no matter how highly you value it, is irrelevant.
You can claim I'm arrogant, I'm going to claim you shouldn't care so much about your feelings over an online game. I wasn't even aiming to be arrogant in my post; I clearly highlighted which parts of my posts were personal opinion, a novelty no one else in this thread, including you, decided to do and instead paraded their opinion as fact. What you mistook for arrogance is probably confidence; I believe I'm right and am posting under the assumption I'm right.

You can create as many straw men arguments as you like; I don't blame you for ignoring the substance of my post.

DeletedUser

His post was arogant, I have seen this type of post many times over the years and no matter how much you scream and shout to defend your friend he is still way to arogant and takes the game way too seriously. So he needs to learn humility....... it is a game.

Who says I'm friends with him I just comment on stupidity, and your posts are full of it. your logic at the end is also severely flawed being arrogant, does not mean you take the game seriously. In fact the two are in no-way related. In fact it is much easier to argue that learning humility in order to change appearances so you would "respect his post more" would be taking the game seriously. Then again talking to you is like attempting to describe a sunset to a blind man, no matter how articulate, or correct the points are, you seem to have no basis to understand the functional world.

Most of the players who I identify as have been the best over the years have left, sorry just a fact, a few are about but not many, most just lose interest and leave. Its easy to try and prove yourself against a group of people if you pick the right group (if you cant work out what this means don't shout just send me a mail and I can break this down into simple terms).
I understand what you mean, I am saying it's ass-backwards-dumb. Just because someone has "proven" everything they can it does not mean they cant have fun playing.

Just as a general summery. You dropped multiple argument points, and failed to contest any of my points with logic, reasoning, or examples, you simply reasserted that you were correct. Does that really seem like a good argument to you?

DeletedUser5582

Just a quick reminder that flaming folks for their spelling or grammar is not allowed. Lets keep the debate to ingame please and not stray into making this personal.

DeletedUser8800

ok back to topic yes jo following you around
now im bias but the old death members would take out any other tribe
we had the best leader i have ever worked with, the best defence general, the best offence general, the best ops organizer and best of all the team work as a tribe
yes they left 95 percent of them but you cant prove me wrong as we won every war

so all this best tribe is rubbish
and all this rubbish about people staying to the end of the world being sad, well you dont win a marathon being first after the first mile do you now,
i have played against some very good players and believe me there are some very good players i played against and with
it would be interesting getting all the old players back for a massive world but it isnt going to happen so where by i say this tribe or this player is the best others will dis agree
but i will say this who ever plays deserve respect as without all these players there wouldnt be a tribal wars for you all to boast about lol