knk lost my respect

DeletedUser8800

i do like a good old discussion lol
and admit only been on this world short time and dont know the full facts and dont care lol
i have talked to a couple of knk players and both seem good sound people
least this got people talking lol
this is my fun world if anyone wants to join me on world 3 in a real war just message me
like you lot said just a matter of time now guys,

DeletedUser

Before this thread inevitably dies, I'd also like to point out that the word 'coward' is not applicable with a game.

DeletedUser8800

of course coward can be used why not
i bet there are people who play the gae that are cowards lol
thats just a silly saying lol

DeletedUser10297

of course coward can be used why not
i bet there are people who play the gae that are cowards lol
thats just a silly saying lol

I agree.............whereas cowardice in real life may take the form of .......for example........an inability to face confrontation ......in TW a coward might be someone who is frightened of losing their precious points and vills, so.....oh yeah, avoids confrontation.

Hmmm.....seems as if cowardice is the same here as in real life............in which case I could name quite a few cowards on TW

Omega :):):)

DeletedUser6603

I actually have to agree, theres been a fair few cowards on W7, plenty of players have simply just quit once they saw KnK nukes appear on the horizon. Why spend months building up an account to just walk away when somebody attacks you for the first time?

DeletedUser

Cowardice within a game is frankly so ridiculous that I find myself without breath due to sheer pity and hilarity... If someone has fear over a game, my advice is that they give up on the world in general.

Who, may I ask, wishes to 'escape' from a nuke? There is no fear involved, there is concern, granted, but never pure terror. Without said fear there is no option for cowardice.

For example, I have abandoned tribes to increase my chances of survival, I have not done this through fear, I have never been ashamed of losing, I have done it for my own interests, pure and simple. If this is deemed cowardice, you might as well deem yourself a coward every time you improve your account.

As for deleting, I suspect they were just cutting their time consumption, having seen what KnK have done to other players such as themselves. Foolishness, maybe, but cowardice? Not by any stretch of the imagination. Sometimes attacks just finish off any love you have for the world, I know when I quit, I had been semi-active for a good 2-3 months beforehand, when the attacks rolled in, I found it took too much time from my other commitments to bother with, especially with this being a dead world.

There are likely many factors here that we will simply never know, but I wouldn't deem someone a coward over a game - yes, it's a game, something some people are keen to forget - even knowing every fact, which we don't.

As Serpico said - 'We are not enemies, we are opponents', much like a game of Chess. I've never seen someone called, or been worthy of being called a coward during a game of Chess. Such petty and shallow insults are unwelcome within a gaming community anyway, it never hurts to be civil.

DeletedUser

well i would rather kill nukes by staying rather than killing none , and its running from the truth if you delete sometimes

DeletedUser

Overthinking or making my point? :p

And Chaz, if you don't care about a world anymore, killing nukes will mean nothing. I'm getting bored of 'I'm here 'til the end', etcetera, etcetera... I shall repeat myself - it's a game. Games are for enjoyment, once the game depletes its enjoyment, staying is simply wasteful, nothing admirable or pathetic can be done in-game, and judgment shouldn't be passed.

I imagine the people remaining on this world, fighting KnK, are imagining themselves as freedom fighters of sorts, fighting a losing battle and will be remembered for their deeds. Well, they won't, they'll be known as the 'noobs who got pwnt'.

It is in every player's right to quit when they so choose, insulting them in their absence is just low.

DeletedUser3642

its all just words :) they can be interpreted in many ways and the definition of a word i'm sure can be debated for a long time - but probably not in a gaming forum.

I think the best definition is to go back to the Oxford Dictionary:
noun
a person who is contemptibly lacking in the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things:
they had run away — the cowards!
adjective
1 literary excessively afraid of danger or pain.
2 Heraldry(of an animal) depicted with the tail between the hind legs.

Origin:
Middle English: from Old French couard, based on Latin cauda 'tail', possibly with reference to a frightened animal with its tail between its legs, reflected in coward (sense 2 of the adjective) (early 16th century)

So, on that basis - players deciding to quit the world rather than fight the unwinnable war could very well be described as cowards, as they are unwilling to bear the unpleasantness of their villages being taken from them.

This could lead on to further trying to understand the reason why people are unwilling to bear the unpleasantness. Reasons such as: lack of motivation are highly likely whereas fear is unlikely, however it does not detract from the simple fact that they decide to turn their backs and walk away from what they have fought for - which as you can see from the above official definition, clearly falls into the realms of cowardice.

Personally I don't care - I just like a debate :)

DeletedUser8800

not insulting any players just dont understand people playing a war game then the first sign if someone attacking them they hit delete
this is what im getting at
i agree once the enjoyment gone then why play anymore
but people must realize that you cant go through a world and never be attacked unless you are the invisible man lol

DeletedUser

I'd quite happily watch whatever's left of my account be taken apart, but when you know it's inevitable, what's the point? I'd rather start something new and save myself the wasted time.

Oh, and I prefer Cambridge. :p

DeletedUser10297

I think you are overthinking it a little pushty ;-)

I agree.................must be coming down with something.........................fear is just one form of cowardice, there are many others......like the inability to confront tricky situations, accept responsibility and moral cowardice, to name but a few..........I don't believe this game actually generates any real fear..................and yes the game is meant to be fun, which is exactly what I'm having!

Omega

DeletedUser

I don't believe morals to be important within the game, there is no actual harm, therefore no significant consequence.

Personally I would not class those aforementioned examples as cowardice, perhaps a faint sub-genre, but I wouldn't say they inter-link to any great extent.

DeletedUser4083

Oh, and I prefer Cambridge. :p

Yes!!! Remind me to mention that to Army :p (we have a personal rivalry between Oxford and Cambridge :p)

Anyway... cowards will exist everywhere, call it what you will. Having players deleting just means that there are fewer villages that KnK have to take to win the world, thus shortening the time until the end of the world :)

DeletedUser6603

Definitely over-thinking Pushty! What will be will be mate, real life or in a game, people will always attach human emotions (rightly or wrongly) to a game, its in their nature to do so........

DeletedUser6603

Hehe, I think that debate has already been done elsewhere a few times!

DeletedUser9540

ferret, you gotta hush up bro. Not gonna lie, I thought the whole having a spy in a tribe and begging for a good fight was bad. But they set me straight by supporting their claim. You have no evidence, and are clearly just trying to slate them because you want to give them a bad look.

At least with my case I had enough facts etc to have gone on about it for days holding my own. This was just a look and loss if you get my drift.