Skilled Players

DeletedUser11919

Nah its not. Teamworks most important factor in the game but no skill involved. Sniping is the most important skill.

DeletedUser11971

no skill in making good teamwork?! I think you'll find that it does (have you had a haircut recently?!)

Look how many tribes have been around and how many have had even good teamwork? Very very few so those that do must have had some skill in making this happen?

DeletedUser9006

Of course there is skill in creating a good team. you have to be trolling :D :p

DeletedUser11919

Lol. Is a skill in creating a good team and skill in being a good leader. But being a team member just requires you doing as you told to the best of your ability. Eg applying your other skills. Therefore as a player sniping is key skill. Fairly sure we have had loads of thrreads about what makes a good leader so am only talking about ya base players on this thread.

DeletedUser11971

skills, key skills and any other type of skills! Lolololo at least I know why you recruited the player called the Skillzthatkills as clearly you couldn't resist the name!

I have checked re 1st post on this thread and I did say players not leaders so on this occasion I will let you off your backtracking and will leave you to continue your Gargareth rants in peace on Sniping being the foundation for success in TW or Ya boo sniping is for those who can't move def around.

Shakes head at key skills and wonders when TW became part of the National Curriculum...

DeletedUser

Nah its not. Teamworks most important factor in the game but no skill involved. Sniping is the most important skill.

Yeah it is.

I, alongside many other players I see such as GIXXER, can go off by ourselves and fight our tribes enemy without any teamwork from our tribe and still come out massively on top and get more caps than the rest of the tribe. We'd still happily support etc our tribe but for example we don't need help from them when attacking.
We can also defend ourselves (at all stages) easily and not request support at all which is frequently done on every world.
Now imagine a tribe with multiple of players who are able to do this.. Teamwork would barely be needed. Especially on UK where there is barely any teamwork among tribes and even when you come across it it's extremely easy to beat.

no skill in making good teamwork?! I think you'll find that it does (have you had a haircut recently?!)

Look how many tribes have been around and how many have had even good teamwork? Very very few so those that do must have had some skill in making this happen?

If that's aimed at me then you twisted my words, when did I mention skill when I said about teamwork?

DeletedUser282

Sniping is the most important skill in the game tbh.

purple wkd said:
erm did you read my first post? Quite clearly sniping wasnt the most important skill

purple wkd said:
Sniping is the most important skill.

Apologies if I have at some point misunderstood what you are trying to say. I must have been blinded by your complete incoherence.

And Teamwork is very important skill for players as well as leaders, you see it isn't just the leader that is a team, in fact the whole tribe is in the tribe, and the tribe should act as a team, thusly, teamwork is a good thing.

Again, I'm not suggesting that you just send an even amount to all vills, that would be a fairly stupid thing to do. The fact that you even suggest that as the method for defending, makes me think that this is simply going to be a case of banging my head against the wall.

You don't just mindlessly stack everything with 7/8d and then do nothing else- yes you can support from backlines if you like, but you want the majority to be close range D so when you're done with it you can send it back then send it elsewhere and bounce it around efficiently (this is the trade off when you decide how much to split and spread your D out to maximise efficiency of rebuilding) Your error is in assuming that the attacker is reacting to the defender- when this is plainly wrong as the defender should be reacting to what the attacker does.
And you seem to think that simply sending huge amounts of nukes per village is the solution, which also makes me question how well you understand this game, if the attacks are over less vills with more nukes per village, it is so much easier to defend because the amount of D you need per nuke is reduced because of the stack.

You split your def correctly to deal with the nukes and then you should be fine, you don't do it mindlessly and send equal amounts to each village. That is an incredibly stupid thing to do. Given how poorly you seem to understand how to defend properly, it's understandable that you think (
or perhaps not depending upon which of your contradictory posts we decide portrays your view) that sniping is the most important skill in the game.

And Yes, if you read my post (you see I can say that without making myself look like a fool in this way because I'm not saying something completely different in this to what I've said earlier) recapping can be useful. In fact I went so far as to say that if you are incapable of defending properly, recapping is usually just as good as sniping. I used this point to further question your opinion (or perhaps not depending upon which of your contradictory posts we decide portrays your view) that sniping is the most important skill.

Now on the topic of how to kill a nuke most efficiently- yes, hitting it with a nuke of your own in a village with no wall is a good way to kill it with minimal loss from that. But when you're recapping you're losing all the troops that belonged to that village. Whereas if you want to kill nukes efficiently- letting them run into big stacks is quite a good way to do it too. Also all the losses from this will be spread out amongst a large amount of D vills and so will be built back more quickly than your nuke would before (assuming you're spreading the D at any reasonable level)
And obviously the problem with recapping is that your wall dies as well.

Now in my earlier post I was hinting at the complicated fighting that can occur with recapping, but given your earlier level of ability at comprehending what I've been saying, that sounds like it would be a great number of steps too far. So we'll just stick to recapping working well, just having problems with lack of wall and losing the troops in the village.

If you did actually read my post then you will see that I wasn't contesting that recapping can be useful (though I do think it's better to kill all of their nukes going to the village on a stack) I actually used the fact that recapping is useful as an argument for why sniping is definitely not the most important skill. (though it still remains unclear whether you believe that or not due to your contradictory posts)

DeletedUser

why are we still posting in this thread?

if you want to know what a skilled player is, just take a good look at me and how Awesome I am. and there won't be so much useless arguing.

DeletedUser11971

why are we still posting in this thread?

if you want to know what a skilled player is, just take a good look at me and how Awesome I am. and there won't be so much useless arguing.

lol am sorry I keep forgetting this!!

If that's aimed at me then you twisted my words, when did I mention skill when I said about teamwork?

it wasn't I didn't but I do forget that you think every post is about you! I am sorry for this and don't fret I will let you know when replying to one of your posts (like am doing now)

DeletedUser

Yeah it is.

I, alongside many other players I see such as GIXXER, can go off by ourselves and fight our tribes enemy without any teamwork from our tribe and still come out massively on top and get more caps than the rest of the tribe. We'd still happily support etc our tribe but for example we don't need help from them when attacking.
We can also defend ourselves (at all stages) easily and not request support at all which is frequently done on every world.
Now imagine a tribe with multiple of players who are able to do this.. Teamwork would barely be needed. Especially on UK where there is barely any teamwork among tribes and even when you come across it it's extremely easy to beat.

Beating a tribe with good teamwork is a lot harder than beating a tribe with players who can snipe.

DeletedUser12062

We all overlooking the skill of tagging
Were in a no fake limit world after all and were overlooking the sill of spotting the danger and when to call in help if needed

The unsung skill in my book sifting through 100s of fakes for the one you just know going to hurt
No point having maxed troops and sniping 50ms if you cant spot the nasty stuff

DeletedUser5250

Being a good team member is something that is made up of a bunch of things, some people have a talent for being a team player and some people have to learn and practice the individual skills required.

Many of the 'better' players do not make good team members, they rely on their game play skills, the rest of us lesser players require more teamwork to stay in the game. Just doing as you are told is not enough, no leader has the time to think for 50 players day in and day out and dictate their every move.

A good team needs a good leader AND people with good team work skills, leaders facilitate team work they dont deliver it for everymember. Unless it is a tribe filled with UBER players who are capable of doing their thing without any assistance.

There have been plenty of tribes that have fallen by the wayside that started well, had no real leadership and no teamwork and now they are gone. See hippos.

DeletedUser4753

thiers alot of selfishism in the game, if u dont build def u will grow faster.

if u dont nuke ur tribes enemy n focus on sumone else, u will grow faster

if u dont send res u will grow faster.

alot of ppl crave ranks and arnt prepared to sack them off for the rest of the team

DeletedUser8169

all down to team work and communication between players [h=3][/h][h=3][/h]