Profits

DeletedUser9522

Ok, I'll put this another way.

Say for example a TW premium account. What does it give you that you can't do (albeit less conveniently) than a f2p account? Nothing. Same with farm assistant, same with account manager. HOWEVER, purchasing flags, speeding up building times, resource camp production speed and trading res for PP are all p2w features. Arguably the premium account, farm assistant and account manager are "cosmetic" features designed to give a better game experience.

DeletedUser

Say for example a TW premium account. What does it give you that you can't do (albeit less conveniently) than a f2p account? Nothing. Same with farm assistant, same with account manager. HOWEVER, purchasing flags, speeding up building times, resource camp production speed and trading res for PP are all p2w features. Arguably the premium account, farm assistant and account manager are "cosmetic" features designed to give a better game experience.

Other than those features affecting game play immensely, in terms of time commitment, tribalwars is a different type of game in a different stage of its development, this isn't 2008 and .net doesn't 1 million active players. I dont know how long all of you have been playing, but worlds started at randomized times because to spite inno opening two worlds at once, and having random times, the servers would have difficulty handling all the people joining. You would fill the four core K's in a few hours, and this was without preregistration. To place this into prospective we in w18 have not yet filled a single K. I used to consider K34 and 43 ext as core K's now the edge of K45 isnt a core K. Its not even close to being filled.

This argument aside league of legends is a real video game, with mass appeal, it is in the style of video games which have been hugely popular for a long time and will likely remain that way. This game was developed a decade ago, I had dial up when this was made, it is not a video game by any standards, and does not have the mass appeal of a large game, and when you have different supply and demand curves, you come up with different results. The model that a game of mass appeal uses is not one that a game of small appeal can use. For example, Wallmart does not target consumers in the same way that lets say jimmy choo. Jimmy choo is going to charge you absorbent mark ups on material to gain a profit because the exclusivity of the brand, and the cost helps to drive the market for it, where as walmart will at time sell to you under cost in order to get you to enter their store. Why? Because like LoL walmart can give you something at a loss in the hopes that you buy something from them where they gain. They can do this because of the volume that they have in their market. Jimmy choo cannot use this model so instead they charge you 1,000 dollars for a pair of leather shoes. Tw no longer has 1 million people so they charge the people they do have for things.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Absorbent mark-ups :D

It's not necessarily stupid to compare apples and oranges, you just have to be aware that's what you're doing. I'm sure I don't have to give examples, we all do it all the time, even in a literal sense.

Yeah tw obviously has to make more money from less people, but they run the risk of destroying their player base altogether if they're not careful. Like if you start being able to buy troops like on some diff language servers.

DeletedUser

It's not necessarily stupid to compare apples and oranges, you just have to be aware that's what you're doing. I'm sure I don't have to give examples, we all do it all the time, even in a literal sense.
Occasionally it makes sense, and maybe comparing TW at its height to them now, would make sense, and it would seem like their strategies were similar. But comparing a game at its height to a game 10 years old is a bit silly. I'd be interested to see what Riot does when lol's popularity dwindles.

Inno and Riot are companies their goal is to make money.

And this is why I ask does no-one else see this cause I think I did a fairly good job of invalidating nearly 1 and a half pages of discussion in two posts.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4753

you cannot rename incomes thier for defending is either ridiculously tedios or impossible.

as matt said, comparing a business model of a company with millions of players against a dying game really doesnt achieve much

DeletedUser

Let's compare my local drug dealer to all the Mexican Cartels.. yeaah!

DeletedUser

I still say that as long as you know what you're doing comparisons like that can still illuminate things sometimes.

But not in this case, really.

DeletedUser

Absorbent mark-ups :D

*Yeah tw obviously has to make more money from less people, but they run the risk of destroying their player base altogether if they're not careful. Like if you start being able to buy troops like on some diff language servers.

thereis not much risk, Tw can simply run *another world with only basic pp features!

DeletedUser8621

And this is why I ask does no-one else see this cause I think I did a fairly good job of invalidating nearly 1 and a half pages of discussion in two posts.

I see this 100%, not to mention we all have the capability of doing this. Inno is like the local farm store, and Riot is the big name company across the street.

In relation to this thread I have received no PP & still having fun. If you want more to do early game just create villages in other worlds & start practicing your start up and quit hating the game.

DeletedUser

complex warrior just revealed he has spent 440 pounds, if he is telling the truth or not idk, but to him, "money is just money". Unfortunately he blows it on a game.

DeletedUser

what is more important money or time? *are we all waisting something bigger then what we really her *talking?*

DeletedUser4753

players should spend time on tw that would be as i see it non important time.

if you was gonna play xbox, playin tw isnt detrimental if played instead.
if u was gunna watch a film, do nothing, be bored, or sat on skype, playin tw is just another social time per say.

its when you skip going out, time with family, work or wteva where its a problem.

hell ill sack off sleep if needs, play tw in all the time i wudda spent dossing about shud i have to, but night on town, seein ah lass, tis leave tw be or co/sitter take over.

i find myself going thru phases of ridiculous activity, to point where me alone trumps a tri played acc, to not being on much at all.

depends whats going on in life and tw, but aslong as ya get your priorities right, no wastage occurs :p