mandatory sitting

• Thread starter DeletedUser11285
  • Start date

DeletedUser10100

There was a TW circular mail on uk16 about forcing people to be account sat, It came under bullying. But I was told that if a player reads and confirms the in tribe rules about being happy to be account sat then they have no leg to stand on if they complain.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
There was a TW circular mail on uk16 about forcing people to be account sat

Dumbest internal mail ever. It's beyond obvious that a duke can't "force" you to set them as sitter. It's also beyond obvious that they can dismiss you for not doing so.

Also the argument that you should trust your members is nonsense and hypocritical.

To suggest that the leader should trust their members, but that the members shouldn't trust their leader is a huge issue. Joining a tribe should be a bigger decision than inviting someone is.

You can recruit several members. You can only join one tribe. Thus your tribe has more impact on you, than you do on it.

DeletedUser9062

Am I right in thinking that if the duke sits your account and then kicks you out of the tribe, they are not allowed to use the information gained from the sit or pass this information to others to be used against this player. I ask this because I know many leaders state that if the player doesn't have enough troops the player will be kicked and farmed by the tribe. This implies the leader is going to use the information such as troop counts gained from the account sit against the player. Also it seems that it is quite easy to circumvent the rule by passing the information through an external means such as Skype.

This is the rule in question:

"Account sitters that intentionally destroy or seriously damage an account they are sitting will be punished. This includes suiciding troops, downgrading buildings, or supplying information about the account to a third party."

DeletedUser6695

Am I right in thinking that if the duke sits your account and then kicks you out of the tribe, they are not allowed to use the information gained from the sit or pass this information to others to be used against this player. I ask this because I know many leaders state that if the player doesn't have enough troops the player will be kicked and farmed by the tribe. This implies the leader is going to use the information such as troop counts gained from the account sit against the player. Also it seems that it is quite easy to circumvent the rule by passing the information through an external means such as Skype.

This is the rule in question:

"Account sitters that intentionally destroy or seriously damage an account they are sitting will be punished. This includes suiciding troops, downgrading buildings, or supplying information about the account to a third party."

They can't directly use it i.e on tribal forums but skype is where the rule hits a brick wall

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Am I right in thinking that if the duke sits your account and then kicks you out of the tribe, they are not allowed to use the information gained from the sit or pass this information to others to be used against this player.

Correct.

Also it seems that it is quite easy to circumvent the rule by passing the information through an external means such as Skype.

Unfortunately, yes, this is also true.

DeletedUser10156

This one?

Tribal Wars team May 13, 17:51
There have been some issues with account sitting recently so, I will make these points clear.

Your account belongs to you, no one else, you can not be forced to allow someone to sit your account.

A tribe may have an emergency sit rule in place, while we understand this, and understand that no tribe wants outsiders sitting, players are still free to choose their own account sitter from within the tribe structure.you can not be forced to choose someone from an "approved" list.

Intimidation will not be tolerated, threats of dismissal etc if only approved sitters are set will be treated as bullying and sanctions may be taken against any tribal aristocracy attempting to use this tactic, again, it is your account and ultimately, your choice who has access to it.

A reminder re Internal nobling of accounts.

Players are reminded that permission must be obtained from support before you can start to internal an account, failure to request permission will leave you open to accusations of account abuse and could lead to a heavy penalty against the sitter and any other accounts involved in taking villages. If in doubt, a quick check with support will tell you if permission has been sought and granted.

DeletedUser11691

Surely if Dukes post on their tribal page that mandatory e-sits are required this couldn`t be considered bullying.

Never understood this one tbh.

DeletedUser360

It's not a rule that's black and white in my view, depends what "being forced" is. If someone says "set me as your sitter or I'll dismiss you from the tribe" that's not being forced, they are the leader of the tribe and have rules in place. I think it's impossible to force someone to set someone else as their sitter. If the rule said something more about threatening someone it would make more sense.