Champions fighting for Crests

DeletedUser920

Okay, so we have another new feature and I'm not sure if it's something to pass the time while people wait for buildings to complete or a consolation to people whose villages have been hammered. The help screen is not a great deal of help and most of the tribe that are online are at work and doing it through phones that make forum posting a PITA, so maybe a chat about it here will help.

Apparently you get three champions and you can send them to try and pinch crests, but while they are gone someone might swipe yours. Whether your champions can be upgraded is unclear, though some crests have some benefit.

What is also unclear is what effect these will have on gameplay as they presumably last only for the next 54 hour tourney period, but it doesn't say when that would be that I can see - will it run from 54 hour to 54 hour period or be a couple of says per week or per month ? And with little control over what you get, will there be a benefit to a defensive boost when no-one attacks you or an offensive bonus while you're rebuilding ?

DeletedUser920

Somebody has to try them out.

So far it's actually been one of the better ones, though it's easy to lose all the crests you've gained as soon as your back is turned. i daresay the merging strategy will be to keep nicking flags off your closest tribemates to get the extra champions and then nick them from everyone else, relying on the extra champions to protect the crests afterwards, though I don't yet know how high the defence percentage goes.

DeletedUser920

I tried casual for a while when I had to restart, but after a while couldn't see the point, although I don't doubt it helps people to learn the ropes. This game was a bit of a diversion from farming - it bit of prodding your neighbours and getting a response from people who'd be too scared to actually attack. It might lead to an advantage in attacking when the first tourney is over which could cause an imbalance, but the basic silliness of the game has been a giggle - how quickly that palls we'll have to see (I've won some crests back, but expect they'll be gone in the morning.

DeletedUser13240

I tried casual for a while when I had to restart, but after a while couldn't see the point, although I don't doubt it helps people to learn the ropes. This game was a bit of a diversion from farming - it bit of prodding your neighbours and getting a response from people who'd be too scared to actually attack. It might lead to an advantage in attacking when the first tourney is over which could cause an imbalance, but the basic silliness of the game has been a giggle - how quickly that palls we'll have to see (I've won some crests back, but expect they'll be gone in the morning.

I've been on casual since 2012 :icon_biggrin:. (ign is Erich Hartmann)
It doesn't teach you anything either :p
Just for retired players or people who cant afford to play as much as the averge player.

DeletedUser

Do the world a favour and keep speed nonsense out of normal world forums.

DeletedUser5582

Somebody has to try them out.

So far it's actually been one of the better ones, though it's easy to lose all the crests you've gained as soon as your back is turned. i daresay the merging strategy will be to keep nicking flags off your closest tribemates to get the extra champions and then nick them from everyone else, relying on the extra champions to protect the crests afterwards, though I don't yet know how high the defence percentage goes.

defending stats for champions at home are as follows:

none is 10%
1 is 31%
2 is 47%
3 is 59%
4 is 69%
5 is 76%

Is odd that they take time to travel there but instantly return! Maybe these crests are magical?! Hell one of them has nearly convinced me it's a squirrel :icon_eek:

DeletedUser9598

The defense stats are meaningless, ive lost 5 crests whilst defending with 5 champions yet funnily enough i never lost any when i only had 1 champion defending, stupid game

DeletedUser5582

Yes but amusing Baz. Folks kept stealing my Panther even though I have a heap of Squirrels just begging to be taken away hell am even feeding them to the dragon.

So in a fit of pique I change my Profile to this:

Personal text
Ok if anyone else steals my Panther I will be cross.

I have a LOT of squirrels. Take them hell will do a buy one get one free offer but STOP FLIPPING STEALING MY PANTHER.

Have nuke will travel...

I then mail all those attacking me for Crests the following entitled Profile

ItWillBeOverbyChristmas Mar 12, 14:12
Read it. Check if you want a squirrel or be VERY afraid

Jo

and lo and behold I get a reply. Enjoy!

ItWillBeOverbyChristmas Mar 12, 14:11
Read it. Check if you want a squirrel or be VERY afraid

Jo

kylan95 Mar 12, 14:19
please? goes a long way you know

ItWillBeOverbyChristmas Mar 12, 14:20
lol yes think you need to take it with pinch of salt no?

kylan95 Mar 12, 14:23
hahaha don't worry your crests are safe from me

ItWillBeOverbyChristmas Mar 12, 14:24
but you're attacking me! think squirrel cos if the panther goes thats it!

kylan95 Mar 12, 14:24
ohh thought it had returned idk i just send it to random people nothing personal

ItWillBeOverbyChristmas Mar 12, 14:26
say that if you take the panther! I triple dare you (please)

kylan95 Mar 12, 14:27
so your literally going to send a nuke if it goes ahha someone took mine to

ItWillBeOverbyChristmas Mar 12, 14:30
lol no am joking! I am not going to nuke anyone over taking a crest!

kylan95 Mar 12, 14:31
Fgs just put it in forum now everyones like serous want support hahahaha

ItWillBeOverbyChristmas Mar 12, 14:33
lol no?! Oh god

kylan95 Mar 12, 14:35
its fine will tell them lol

DeletedUser9598

Tis amusing in an annoying way, unfair though, got some guy constantly pillaging my ravens, only takes him 1h 30mins to attack me but if i want to return the favour it takes me nearly 4 hours :lol: :mad:

DeletedUser13240

Baz, for me, I defend my Cs with 1/2 champs and I always win :lol:.
Weird tho, as the guy who keeps challenging me has 9.8 mil points xD

DeletedUser13240

Yes but amusing Baz. Folks kept stealing my Panther even though I have a heap of Squirrels just begging to be taken away hell am even feeding them to the dragon.

So in a fit of pique I change my Profile to this:

Personal text
Ok if anyone else steals my Panther I will be cross.

I have a LOT of squirrels. Take them hell will do a buy one get one free offer but STOP FLIPPING STEALING MY PANTHER.

Have nuke will travel...

I then mail all those attacking me for Crests the following entitled Profile

How come you haven't mailed me yet Jo? :lol:.

DeletedUser13240

I'll probably wont get a panther of her anyway :(
Just the stupid raven.