What happened to this game?

DeletedUser9522

First world I've played in a LOOONG time. I've loved TW over the years, played dozens of different accounts on different servers, met some great people, learnt a lot.

I came back a few days ago on an impulse, saw a new world was starting up. Been playing for a day or so now:

What is all this garbage? Noble's Fair? buying resources? buying production? is TW just candy crush with spearmen now?

What happened to this beautiful game?

DeletedUser10677

It started with boosting resources, then came the flags, then the games... i was axtually cool with those, because you could still win without paying constantly.

Buying prem is a bit of a bridge too far in my opinion, thats the feature i have an issue with, seeing guys just blasting the ranks.

Lots of people will make premium stocks out of selling res on worlds and then invrsting their earnings later on, which can make it do-able for free if thats what you want.

I came back shocked after a long break too, but it is what it is, im just going to see how far i can get :)

DeletedUser9522

mhm. I would love if they released a world with none of that extra shit, nothing that gives you a tangible advantage over others by spending £££. I didn't mind old premium - it was just a way to play the game more efficiently but it didn't give you an innate advantage over others

DeletedUser10677

Again, I'd agree, but that isnt how it is so im learning to play the new stock market system the free way, which can work, just takes a little more time

tedd66

Reaction score
Do we really have to have one of these posts on EVERY new world?

We get it, it sucks. I'm sure most people agree, but I can't see it changing.

DeletedUser9522

As stated, first world in a long time. just bringing these thoughts up. And you never know, it could change. i'm sure tw has hemorrhaged members over the last few years (or at least i hope so)

Deleted User - 695343

Tedd is wise, listen to Tedd. They gotta feed the monkey, man.

DeletedUser920

I know - I admit it. I cheated and bought the 20% res bonuses for the first week. Mind you, compared with the old ways of cheating - multiple push accounts and building villages just for someone to take over, it all pales into insignificance.