Changes to The Tribe system, your opinions wanted.

DeletedUser13666

I would like there to be a cool off period when you leave a tribe as so many join a tribe to stop being attacked and then group up within the tribe leave and attack the tribe they have hid in to grow freely, so when you leave a tribe you have to wait for say 10 days before you can attack any member of your former tribe.
Also I would like to see servers where no co playing is allowed to give those that don't co play a fairer chance of getting somewhere without being nobled too much.

DeletedUser14293

Dont like the no co play idea. If i'm not going to be on for a 12hr period lets say. What can i do against a train, if they send when i'm not on?
I understand your idea, but i dont think people will want that.

It will make for far more competitive worlds with individual players having to be a lot more adaptable to survive. Stops accounts merging too.
There would still be the sit option of course, which has settings to control what a sitting player can and cannot do.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3371

Hmmm, some of these are horrible and some completely impossible but I like the interest in looking for things to change the game up.

How about you can never attack a tribe mate and tribes are unable to attack an ex-tribe mates for, say, 3 days - 1 week?

Internals - gone. If a player wants to screw a tribe over he can, without becoming somebody else's spy! This I would like to see happen on a world where outside support IS possible. If a sit is given for internalling then the player must leave and be protected for a week before the tribe can take the acc. and it gives other tribes a shot at the acc. while the tribe sweats it out.

Immediate re-takes - gone.

Drift Banksy

Reaction score
It will make for far more competitive worlds with individual players having to be a lot more adaptable to survive. Stops accounts merging too.
There would still be the sit option of course, which has settings to control what a sitting player can and cannot do.
by competitive you mean slightly one sided. Some people can only be on for a few hours aday while others can be on for nearly 16 hours aday.
There's only going to be one winner. People who cant access TW at school/job will be rimmed and those who can be on more than others will win.
Activity is great and all, but skill and smart plays should be what makes a good player.

DeletedUser14293

by competitive you mean slightly one sided. Some people can only be on for a few hours aday while others can be on for nearly 16 hours aday.
There's only going to be one winner. People who cant access TW at school/job will be rimmed and those who can be on more than others will win.
Activity is great and all, but skill and smart plays should be what makes a good player.

Good players are not restricted to co-played accounts. Clever players run their account and make it work within their life style. Sometimes they get rimmed. Most co-players are there to farm. Co-play is activity taken to the max.

Maybe there can be a race based version of the game. Where a player can choose at the start to set up as a tribe of elves, dwarfes, humans, orcs, undead or skaven etc. May be a chance to diversify with special weapons and tactics suited to each race. Monsters alive!

DeletedUser14281

In that case, rather than banning co-playing, why not put in a rule that an account can only be logged in for 16 hours a day, so you have to chose whether to take the 8 hour break in NB or during the day.... Could be interesting.

DeletedUser14281

My vote for changing the tribal system is defintely for the suggestion of once you join a tribe you cannot leave it, you are there until the bitter end.

Removes the point of spying, encourages people to support new players....just makes more sense.

DeletedUser

My vote for changing the tribal system is defintely for the suggestion of once you join a tribe you cannot leave it, you are there until the bitter end.

Removes the point of spying, encourages people to support new players....just makes more sense.

I like this idea, stops players jumping tribes all the time, the only way they should be able to leave and join another tribe is if the Duke disbands the tribe completely.

The non co-play opinions I don't like though, players co-play (like myself) because they lead busy lives and still enjoy to play TW in their spare time, having an extra player on the account means they can fill the gap when you can't be online yourself.

Anyone can co-play, it's not restricted to the few.

Marcus the Mad

Senior Forum General
Speed Admin
Reaction score

Tribe lock has been done on en27 or 21 or so (don't know by head), it wasn't wildly popular unfortunately.

DeletedUser14281

Tribe lock has been done on en27 or 21 or so (don't know by head), it wasn't wildly popular unfortunately.
yet I'm not the only one to have suggested it here.....

remember your audience has changed since those days and you're talking a different server, it's definitely not been done on the UK server in the last 18 months.

Drift Banksy

Reaction score
what happens, if you get rimmed? does that make a free space in the tribe? can you force internal tribemates? what if aload of noobs sneak into your tribe or you accidentally click accept to one of your fan boys invites.
I dont think there is anything wrong with the tribe recruitment system, i dont like the support is automatically sent home if you change tribe or something like that though. Allies cant help each other as much :/

DeletedUser3371

In that case, rather than banning co-playing, why not put in a rule that an account can only be logged in for 16 hours a day, so you have to chose whether to take the 8 hour break in NB or during the day.... Could be interesting.

I'd like to see a world that is only open for 12 out of 24 hrs and see how that works out ... activity is key in TW land but every acc. has some down time and it would be fun to find out if those very active acc's can play well when the chips are down.

Marcus the Mad

Senior Forum General
Speed Admin
Reaction score
yet I'm not the only one to have suggested it here.....

remember your audience has changed since those days and you're talking a different server, it's definitely not been done on the UK server in the last 18 months.
Just to make it clear: I am personally not against this type of world. Not at all, the people who committed to that world that I've spoken to did enjoy it and have said positive things. A main thing was that effort was definitely put in teaching everyone the basic and more advanced stuff about running an account and fighting wars (back then), scripts were not even half as elaborate as now mind you.

In my opinion, some more unique worlds would probably be pretty awesome but are not always feasible and require the devs to work on things they are probably not interested in. In the past for example, people really wanted 'wrapping worlds' (like a globe thing connecting the limit continents together), but smaller worlds (on one hand) stopped that from happening.

DeletedUser

My idea, when you post a thread or reply in the tribal forum there should be something that tells you who has viewed it. For instance, on Facebook when you message someone it tells you when they've read your message. You could put something like that for the in game tribal forum, when a member posts a thread you can see who has opened it and read it, that way there's no excuse when someone says they haven't seen the post. It should be possible to do so, since you have the ability to thank a post.

DeletedUser14014

I think if coplaying was removed should take away the sit restrictions for attacking and defending. I think these restrictions should go anyway. Just restrict the sit length on an account. or keeping in tune with the thread maybe the sit restrictions can be removed for tribal leadership? Nothing worse than helping a tribe mate out with an emergency sit situation then watching them getting hammered and being unable to support for 24 hours when that player returns.

DeletedUser14014

Also with the new watchtower how about it can see ALL attacks that pass through its radius not just attacks to your own villages? That maybe tricky granted but than as a tribe you could also see who is raiding barbs in your tribe territory from other tribes.

Drift Banksy

Reaction score
My idea, when you post a thread or reply in the tribal forum there should be something that tells you who has viewed it. For instance, on Facebook when you message someone it tells you when they've read your message. You could put something like that for the in game tribal forum, when a member posts a thread you can see who has opened it and read it, that way there's no excuse when someone says they haven't seen the post. It should be possible to do so, since you have the ability to thank a post.
been said :/