New Years Event

Marcus the Mad

Senior Forum General
Speed Admin
Reaction score
Not the first to ask.

As I am not an In Game administrator, I can not send out the rewards myself.
I have however informed the people who do send out these rewards so it should be taken care of soon.
Unfortunately I have no control over this so it could take a few days.

DeletedUser8577

seems a bit odd this, 11/12 people respond and a number of servers arent included which would have altered the eventual winner and yet the result stands.....I made my guess based on the entire UK community not the few worlds data that could be pulled....disappointing and then still not to be awarded the prize ten days later..... Crazy! I defo feel that those that took part have a case to be answered... After all I for one am a paying customer. I havent bought yet this time but when I run out of Pp I would!

Marcus the Mad

Senior Forum General
Speed Admin
Reaction score
I have already addressed both points you make. One to you in private and the other publicly above your post.
seems a bit odd this, 11/12 people respond and a number of servers arent included which would have altered the eventual winner and yet the result stands.....I made my guess based on the entire UK community not the few worlds data that could be pulled....disappointing and then still not to be awarded the prize ten days later..... Crazy! I defo feel that those that took part have a case to be answered... After all I for one am a paying customer. I havent bought yet this time but when I run out of Pp I would!
So let me state the answer I sent you publicly:

"While it is true that Casual probably has a high conquer rate, speed and classic will be significant if not higher even.
Unfortunately I can't pull up a total count for these servers and just throwing a guess myself is not acceptable.

I communicated this with the CM and we decided to exclude the "special" servers (speed, casual and classic) from the count."

This is really just what it means. No one had this specific data before I pulled it up.

I'm not sure if you included the dead servers (all the ones prior to UK 19 or so) in your count as well, but your guess is about twice as high as the total for all these servers. It was never my intention to deceive anyone nor give anyone an unfair advantage.
I was unable to warn anyone in advance because I pulled the numbers only moments before announcing the winners.

As for your prize, as I said, I am not able to provide you with your prize personally. If I could, I would have done so moments after declaring the winners, unfortunately I'm not the person "with the power" so I'm limited to informing those who can send you your reward. Which I did.

As for being a paying customer, this event was free for anyone (except team members) to join. How being a paying member in the game, receiving something that did not cost you anything more than the effort of sending 6 digits to a forum (so about 6 bytes) entitles you to a preferential treatment, I do not know.
You buy Premium Points to pay for a more comfortable and extensive layout of the game, not for anything else.

Again, I have told the ones in charge of sending out rewards that the list is available and you should expect them to arrive soon.

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
Just a thought... but before running another competition perhaps it would be an idea to know the answer to the question set, before starting the competition.. That way, the question can then be worded in a way to ensure there is no confusion...

Also, when offering a prize, provide a timescale for delivery of the prize is good practice...

Marcus the Mad

Senior Forum General
Speed Admin
Reaction score
To answer this, we've seen lots of data from Innogames about TW when it turned 10 years old. I somewhat expected it to be pretty much readily available data. Turned out it isn't.

Again, I'm not in control of giving out rewards. I simply came up with a basic event and got a green light to make it happen.

DeletedUser14368

Hi Marcus,

Would be good if you could give someone a bit of a poke here. I'm not entirely sure why it's taken 15 days and nothing has happened.

Thanks a lot

DeletedUser14281

Marcus, I co-play on a seperate account to mine the majority of the time, and I had put that account (Jack6116) as my account in my entry but the flag prize has been sent to my personal (little used) account - themarsbargirl

Can the admin fairies fix this do you know? And switch the flag over to Jack6116 ?