Questions Round

• Thread starter DeletedUser13811
  • Start date

GIXXER

UK10 Winner
Reaction score
This one's for you, Gixxer. What's your In Game Name?

Its one thats suits me, and they're rarely the same :p (bit of poetry as im a big softy!)

Im playing as Add1ct. I have not played .co in 2 years since uk19. I wanted to know if I could reach rank 1 in maybe 5 villages using farming alone for the Res as against buying them. I had not anticipated the Crest event. I wont be chasing rank now. No expectations guys I'm in competition with myself.

Shall I still stay and still play?

Last edited:

DeletedUser14377

While that's an interesting experiment, purchasing resources through PP is specifically designed to sidestep having to farm for them. Attaining rank 1 by farming alone in today's circumstances would only indicate four things (to me):

1. Frequent farming (though there is a physical limit; only 24 hrs in a day);
2. Heavy investment and motivation;
3. Fewer PP generally spent on buying resources on World X;
4. Lack of competition.

This is mainly because it is factually true that buying your way to #1 is quicker than farming your way to #1. For example, it only takes one press of a button to purchase and start building (as well as shortening queues etc.) whereas farming takes a lot of time and patience - you need to have the required buildings and resources to research the units, you need the optimal conditions (i.e. presuming farming is largely absent in your local area, plenty of inactive players/barbarian villages, ideally no night bonus, no walls, no spikes), you have to wait for the troops to arrive and return etc.

While attaining #1 without purchasing resources today seems ambitious, it does demonstrate desired qualities - commitment, patience, competitiveness etc. But I don't think it would really do much for you.

Alright, here's my question (to everyone): Old map graphics or new map graphics? Which do you prefer?

Drift Banksy

Reaction score
New for sure - But i know some people would disagree :)
I dont really mind...

Is early game, mid game or late game your favourite time of TW

DeletedUser14377

Really? I can't stand the new map graphics. They're an eyesore. But that's just me haha.

I'd say early to mid-game. Early game is fun because everyone is in high spirits and it's arguably the most competitive. Mid-game can also be fun as tribes gradually become established and rivalries break out. Late game is generally when the level of competition between the survivors intensifies, but the amount of competition in the world as a whole generally decreases. It is at this stage where the game becomes especially time consuming and tedious. I don't enjoy it as much as the other two stages but that's just my personal preference. I'm sure there are others who feel differently.

I like your question, so I'm going to ask it again. Early game, mid-game, or late game?

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
I'm only here for the PP....

How long will it be until someone spends a noble wisely and caps a active player over 2K?... (should be 3K but I don't think I'll live to be that old...)

DeletedUser14377

Probably until I get a noble, you barbarian-loving pp abuser ;)

Why don't you stay on UK30?

DeletedUser13816

I'm only here for the PP....

How long will it be until someone spends a noble wisely and caps a active player over 2K?... (should be 3K but I don't think I'll live to be that old...)

You have to notice that some players grew first village very fast with premium points so its obvious that they can not have big nukes,even if i want to clear 1k village morale is 65 plus deff usually about 1.5k - 2k so for what purpose i have to clear it ? to noble 1k village and loose half nuke :D too big looses for me at this stage

DeletedUser14377

You have to notice that some players grew first village very fast with premium points so its obvious that they can not have big nukes,even if i want to clear 1k village morale is 65 plus deff usually about 1.5k - 2k so for what purpose i have to clear it ? to noble 1k village and loose half nuke :D too big looses for me at this stage

Noblemen should be used appropriately, rather than being wasted through laziness. Barbarian villages are best kept as farms until you're sufficiently big enough. There are exceptions (e.g. bonus villages), but even then, that should be limited too. The rationale behind nobling an active player is to remove threats to growth and increase farming efficiency. Point whores won't really get far in the end, unless they maintain a balance between unit recruitment and upgrading/expanding.

DeletedUser13816

what u suggest if you recruit deff units and have 2 nobles in the beginning ? you want to wait for 2-3 weeks until your tribe mate will decided to clean village for you ?

DeletedUser14377

Then I would say you're using a very risky strategy with a low success rate. You can always minimise your losses by working with your members; that's a point I missed earlier, and I would highly recommend it.

The situations you refer to are self-inflicted (i.e. you have chosen to do that through your own free will). I wouldn't necessarily adopt the method you have referred to in the first place, nor would I excessively upgrade buildings without maintaining troop queues.

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
Because pp abusing, turtling, clustering and barb munching bores the fanny off me... every new world it become more and more the norm and players that actually build troops and want to fight become less and less....

How long before there is a world that runs out of barbs as all the turtles sit round looking at each other trying to squeeze into the same family tribe?...

DeletedUser5582

ok 1: you don't have a fanny. If you did you wouldn't send sword nukes, go splat then rage quit.
2: I agree that start up/early game is a little more ovaltine than pro plus these days
3: PP abuse should/could/needed to be sorted by the core TW players. It wasn't so we shouldn't moan (too much)

My question is Linukas. Why?

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
Linukas. Why?... Only he can answer that, my guess would be he likes being rank 1, likes defending and doesn't mind getting rimmed as seems to happen, eventually, on every world... as he seems to rinse and repeat every world with identical tactics that 'fail' (depending upon how you measure success) he must enjoy what he is doing...

Yes, it was a sword nuke... a sword nuke almost as famous as my cap on .net or my ability to melt in front of a fire whilst failing to achieve the task I was designed for... My thingy below was made for me before the sword nuke episode...

Farm Level 27 enough before nobles on W30 or Farm Level 28 to be sure?....

DeletedUser5582

It's spear nukes, get it right.

technically you are right it IS spear nukes and that they will be with you shortly but with Mancunia it is sword nukes hence his propensity to rage quit....

Still the strategy is sound.

As to the question above L27 is good but L28 better but you know this.

My question. What would a new player to TW make of this thread?

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
Well... a new player would probably take from this thread that the external aren't a place to wastes ones time when their is PP to be abused and barbs to be cap'd...

I can only speak from ones own experience, W3 externals were glorious, but I was the noobest of the noob, hurriedly working on my ability to melt in front of the appliance I was design to protect ones errant children from... W9 externals were fun, drunk on the ability to make a new human in a test tube and shocked by my high ranking, ego ran riot...

Since then, I've poked an ego or two, flicked some hair, been rimmed, rage quit one or twice... (to borrow from the beiber: maybe once or twice. By once or twice I mean maybe a couple a hundred times...)

My point, you ask, Jo will always be a forum goddess... congratulations on you know what... may it rain and you plunge another knife in the heart of Alanis Morissette's understanding or irony... (I've always found rain romantic, and snow the best reason to take the dogs for a walk...)

Hopefully, I've at least learnt the ability not to melt in the hand, only in the mouth...

If your daft enough to have read this far, it would be unfair of me not to pose a question: What secret do those that have quit, and manage to remain quit, have that I have yet to learn?....

p.s. If i had a time machine I'd go into the future to see if beiber lyrics are appreciated in the same way shakespears are today...

p.s.s I seem to be channelling Canadian popstars.. old and young....

DeletedUser14386

Yes I am daft and bored enough.....as to the question, I have no idea but if you learn it please be sure to let me know.

Will the K's ever reach the K#6's on this world or is the game truly dead and buried?

DeletedUser14377

I think it's truly dead and buried. A lot of players that I've known for several years left the game because they lost the passion for it. This relates to Mancunia's question too. Once you've truly lost the passion for the game, you'll no longer want to really come back to it. This is my first world back after three years away and I didn't really miss TW. I joined this world not really intending to play it properly, but I've met a few nice players and I guess I'm just taking things as they come.

What does everyone think about the introduction of a daily bonus?