PP-Abusing-New Thing?-Solution...

Drift Banksy

Reaction score
Was just thinking and needed something to do as an excuse from doing work that i actually should be doing but

Is PP abusing a new thing, it recent worlds there are always players ranting about how a certain group of players or even a whole tribe are boosting themselves up the rankings with pp via the prem exchange.

One of my first worlds was w21, which is the last big world i can remember (anything more than 4 K's are big these days...How depressing) which leads me onto my next point.

I spawned on the rim of k63 which any new player doesnt think exist, anyway, multiple players beside me grew.
And one certain individual got to
Best Rank: 16
Most Points: 8,259,127
I'm sure if you interested you could find out who that is :D

I dont know this player especially at that time to use extensive amount of pp, the most is prem acc, loot assistant and Ac Manager.
Was possible for this person to outgrow nearly half the world, either he is a god (not the case) or every pp abuser is bad and got rimmed, which could be true. Especially if their all like linukas.

To be fair this was before the prem exchange was made and it was the players who decided the price normally 1000 res = 1pp

Before i get too sidetracked, what it the problem now?
Worlds are so small that pp is more overpowered?? - Means you cant spawn a day or two later to be on the rim away from those who generally pp their way to the top...
The new pp exhange system is broke!! Tribal wars trying to make more money by making it pp over powered, therefore more people feeling forced to spend just to stay in contention.

So what solutions can we provide you ask...Well TW is a dying game so we cant bring back all the players there once were, but we can certainly change the pp system, but TW wouldnt be happy with that. Is their really a solution!?

Make the maps bigger, more barbs = better farming, players playing for pp could farm though too selling more res!
Generally speaking when its a pp world for you, you dont farm as much, so might be a good idea.
Will that make nobleing harder, well could always change the unit speeds to adjust to the new map.
Any ideas? Would love to read them. Hopefully my points weren't too bad. I'm not going to format it nicely and spell check :p

p.s I wrote this on the w30 forum as i thought it would be of best use here (new world should = more attention)

Foxtrot

Reaction score
And one certain individual got to
Best Rank: 16
Most Points: 8,259,127
I'm sure if you interested you could find out who that is :D

I dont know this player especially at that time to use extensive amount of pp, the most is prem acc, loot assistant and Ac Manager.
Was possible for this person to outgrow nearly half the world, either he is a god (not the case) or every pp abuser is bad and got rimmed, which could be true. Especially if their all like linukas.

*pops out from a bush* It was I, Foxtrot. w21 I consider my first world and tbh I was late joining and didn't know what pp was at the time, so only thing I ever spent pp on was prem, loot assistant and acc manager as Drift said. If you compare to that now the only way I am noticing being able to keep up to the bigger players is by buying res from time to time to help boost your account.

Nowadays tw has become more and more about the money, which is understandable, inno is a business and looking to make money, so chances are they won't change anything to lessen the income (I don't think anyway)

DeletedUser14014

This is why I'm starting to nose into the international servers. The world's are bigger so the pp abusers are less prevalent.

Looking at 30 now. It's a tiny world. Take out the players just there for pps on other worlds there aint that many. Then you take evict with its pp users and is it 4 family tribes now?! Add in the barb munchers... the UK worlds are broken. Last few have been poor and are getting rapidly worse.

Foxtrot

Reaction score
I'm thinking of turning to Classic after this world, just to get away from the pp abuse, but .net is a good shout actually :)

DeletedUser13816

top players does not spend money for premium points I know quite many of them ,they earn them in 1 world for free and in other worlds with huge amount of pp they earn double pp and also grow faster than others :) so the main question is who buys pp ? new players and unexperience players buy pp and they spend them all in vein and buy again and so on,You can spend 0 money for this game and be in top 25 at least so i can assure you guys that dont need to spend money for this game :) also we have many events and they give you a lot of bonus in order to boost your accounts

DeletedUser14344

I like the idea of spreading players and having more barbarian villages around. Players who spend a lot effort on farming will be greatly rewarded and there would be a smaller disadvantage to them in comparison to the players who boost themselves up with premium points who don't do it as much. My only concern is that the experienced players, who know how to farm efficiently, will grow significantly faster than the newer players who are not aware of these farming strategies.

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
It will never happen... If they reduce the effectiveness of PP abusing players will stop doing it... if anything, each world is set up to encourage more PP abuse, not less...

DeletedUser13734

This is why I'm starting to nose into the international servers. The world's are bigger so the pp abusers are less prevalent.

Looking at 30 now. It's a tiny world. Take out the players just there for pps on other worlds there aint that many. Then you take evict with its pp users and is it 4 family tribes now?! Add in the barb munchers... the UK worlds are broken. Last few have been poor and are getting rapidly worse.

I hear that. Currently hooked on W91 .Net

The PP abuse is just as bad for the most part, but the worlds are stretching through all 16 continents, giving the non-exploiters a chance at the world.
The ratio of skilled players is far less over there too. So that sort of makes up for there being no night bonus for those who like to sleep.

DeletedUser4280

tw is just getting dumber, ive not tried yet but this watchtower thing is also just a noob friendly fake tagger?

I.R.Tigah

Reaction score
Well we didn't need a solution, TW did it themselves, an increase in pp costs with no warning, and if Tesco's put up their milk at the same rate I AM GOING VEGAN

DeletedUser4753

So what solutions can we provide you ask...Well TW is a dying game so we cant bring back all the players there once were, but we can certainly change the pp system, but TW wouldnt be happy with that. Is their really a solution!?

tw might be dieing in the eyes of the players, but its almost definitely more lucrative for inno, else they wouldnt do it.
like sumone said earlier, solution is have bigger worlds where pp advantage can be negated by world size, or just make pp on other worlds n play them at their own game i guess.