Traveling Merchant New & Improved Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

General-Richa

Reaction score
0% of people have collected the prize for travelling 1000km...

Has anyone actually travelled the full 1000km yet?... personally I got to just beyond 700km and discovered that the difficulty is such that I am now going backwards more than I am going forwards, (I am currently at 670km).

In my opinion it appears that the difficulty needs tweaking, currently I think that it is unreasonably difficult to travel the full 1000km.

DeletedUser6811

Too difficult.
I am on 3 worlds & with only a few min left to run, not a single player has reached the end of the road. Did no one try & get to the end before you released it? I did enjoy playing this new game, it was just a shame that even though I spent a good amount of time on it, there was no way I was going to be able to complete it:(

PS The highest I got was 805km at level 13.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6616

Difficulty was far too high. I too got around three quarters along before the difficulty became so bad that every click was taking me backwards. The -10km each time you lose is a disincentive to keep playing. You have to win at least 1 out of every 3 goes otherwise you end up going backwards and losing any progress made. Levelling up was no use either as the enemies just got that bit stronger. Without accurate records, I cannot prove this next claim, but I am fairly sure that on almost every round there were more enemies that had enough power to eliminate my players in one hit than my players that could eliminate an enemy with one hit. My team was ALWAYS more easier to take down with single hits than the enemy was.

The boxes took too long to open, unless you used PP, given the duration of the game. Boxes should open either for free or at reduced cost in the final hours - these boxes have already been WON by me, its not a free gift, or there should be an option to continue to collect your rewards after the game has closed.

There were too few box slots. There is no incentive to keep playing if you cannot hold more than 3 boxes. Once the slots are full, there is no point in playing further with the risk of going backwards coupled with the lack of significant reward for doing so (the XP awarded was not enough to help move reasonably quickly up levels, given the overall duration of the event).

I understand this was based on some kind of "top trumps" model and think the probabilities of winning and expected returns should be made clear to players so we can make informed choices. The majority of players have some understanding of the TW game mechanics and use this knowledge to play effectively. To ask us to then play a game where the chances of winning and game mechanics are kept secret does not fit with this.

Right now, I'm not sure it was worth the time, effort or PP. I will certainly be more reluctant to play these in the future as I do feel fairly short-changed now this has finished.

DeletedUser7182

It's surely impossible to get really beyond 700km. The balance of enemy firepower is just too high to ever win against. Esepcialy when 50% of the time you top hitters are wiped out before they even get a chance to hit. I could probably do the maths to show that the numbers are impossible in every situation around this level. Annoying. I must have played 50+ rounds after 670km-ish. Please test the in-games before you release them. :/

On the other hand, pleased to see that the buffs are good ones - not the unwanted faff that clogs up my inventory usually.

General-Richa

Reaction score
In my opinion the difficulty needs still needs some tweaking, once again it appears unreasonably difficult to travel the full distance...

With 3 hours of the game remaining, the stats are as follows...

UK37= 1% of players reached 800km
UK38= 3% of players reached 800km
UK39= 3% of players reached 800km
UK40= 4% of players reached 800km
Casual 3= 0% of players reached 800km
Casual 4= 1% of players reached 800km

Considering the reward for travelling 800km is a 40% Resource buff I think it's reasonable to assume people will have been trying to reach 800km, I wonder how many of those who reached the 800km had to use Premium Points to acquire enough XP to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.