10 or 20 posts per page

DeletedUser83

OK so TW.net has their forums set at 20 posts per page and TW.uk has the forums set for 10 posts per page. So this is just a bit of a survey to see what people prefer. If most people prefer 20 then hopefully the staff will switch it.

DeletedUser14

The staff dont need to switch it, you can do that.
User CP >> Edit Options >> Thread Display Option >> Number of Posts to Show Per Page and set it to 20:)

But as part of the survey, i prefer 20.

DeletedUser83

The staff dont need to switch it, you can do that.
User CP >> Edit Options >> Thread Display Option >> Number of Posts to Show Per Page and set it to 20:)

But as part of the survey, i prefer 20.

OK well I can't say that didn't make me look like fool. How to recover... erm

What I meant was which do we prefer as the standard, yeah that's right. :icon_biggrin:

*sighs of relief*

DeletedUser269

I prefer 20, it seem like you've read 1 post, then your changing pages again.

DeletedUser

I do like the 20 on .net, but the 10 is good too, so it doesn't really bother me either way.

DeletedUser83

Yeah, 40 is much better, I recommend it to everyone :)
Let's give this shizzle a go :)

Added: Gotta say, it makes it a lot easier when reading a whole conversation.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14

Would 40 not mean very long pages and once we get a bit more advanced and the majority of posts contain actual material in them the page could go on for ever meaning slower loading...!

DeletedUser83

Would 40 not mean very long pages and once we get a bit more advanced and the majority of posts contain actual material in them the page could go on for ever meaning slower loading...!

True but then again you will have to load over 40 posts anyway even it's not all in one go. 40 means a few longer loads, 10 means more short loads. Wouldn't really matter.

DeletedUser

10 if you lag, 20 if you're normal, 40 if you're so pro you could load all 55kb at once

DeletedUser360

I think 20 is a good number because I don't think I've ever lagged trying to load forums so 20 seems fair.