2011 Cricket World Cup

DeletedUser7304

Externals,
Just wondered if anyone else was enjoying the fact that the Cricket World cup is now on???? Anyone want to hazard a guess when England will go out...

DeletedUser8943

any game that takes 3 days to play that involves tea breaks, i just don't know about it :)

DeletedUser

As to a load of mad Irishmen chasing a ball around hitting it with hockey sticks.

Not really a cricket fan but would like them to make at least the semi's

DeletedUser

As to a load of mad Irishmen chasing a ball around hitting it with hockey sticks.

Not really a cricket fan but would like them to make at least the semi's

Hurleys Lord B.

Nothing like Hockey. Hurling makes hockey look like a game for girls.

Back OT I can't see England winning the tournament. Semi if they are lucky might be the best they'll get.

Will Ireland cause another shock this tournament?

DeletedUser7304

I agree with you about England, I don't think they will get further than the semi's but you never know! Curling is a quality game, never played it or even watched it apart from on tv.. looks like good fun though

DeletedUser8943

Curling and hurling two very different games :)

I used to pay enough attention during the last world cup to have a bit of banter with my pakistani and indian workmates :)

I only originally bothered learning anything about cricket so that I could understand what douglas adams was talking about in the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy :D

DeletedUser

Well I think you have to carefully consider contributing factors such as recent "in series" form, fitness/injuries (they have had a very long summer) let alone the quality of opposition they face.

Top four teams to progress to quarters
Group B
India - defo qualify host prob make semis
South Africa - defo qualify
England
West Indies
Bangladesh
Ireland
Netherlands

So are they better than the 4 other teams who are competing for what is effectively 2 quarter finals places?

Oscars prediction "Out at quarters stage" :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

england had a good lead up series ,,

oh thats right 6-1 australias way,

good luck england, you will need it :D

aussies win a 4th straight cup?????????

DeletedUser7304

One win in the bag.. Tighter than I would have liked but hey, wins a win. Now, we need to find an English relative for ten donsharte....

DeletedUser

Win lol is that what you call it. :icon_rolleyes: They were pathetic! Very painful viewing. Well done for an "Associate Team" doing so well.

and it is the trend to play imports in your national team.... I guess if you can find another Tendulkar the ECB would find a way of bending the rules..... how many are actually English in that side anyway?

DeletedUser7304

Win is a win, It was a very poor bowling (exc Swann) and fielding display but hey ho, least they got the win. Yes, alot of SA players in the England side but then that is what you will get with rules as they are. NZ do it in rugby, just look at how many Samoan, Fijian players they have had over the years and still do. Finding an 'English' Tendulkar would be good but sadly I doubt there is one.

DeletedUser

Well done to Eng-er-land on managing to secure a tie vs India. :lol: Great last ten overs there.:lol:

DeletedUser7304

It was a cracking game, England from the position they were in should have buried India but it was a great game to watch none the less. Well played both teams, good spirit between the sides as well which is what it's all about.

DeletedUser

For anyone who missed todays match, the highlights from today are on Sky Sports 3 and HD at 8pm GMT.

DeletedUser7304

Pathetic, shambless, useless.... All the team should be ashamed.. Strauss, what on earth was that shot??? KP... what on earth.... Ireland's bowling was pathetic and a score nearer 400 should have been on.. England were terrible fielding again and the bowling was ordinary.. congrats to K O'Brien, splendid knock for him, once in a lifetime stuff for him. If I impress at my county maybe I'll get a go over these useless ODI group!

DeletedUser

Pathetic, shambless, useless.... All the team should be ashamed.. Strauss, what on earth was that shot??? KP... what on earth.... Ireland's bowling was pathetic and a score nearer 400 should have been on.. England were terrible fielding again and the bowling was ordinary.. congrats to K O'Brien, splendid knock for him, once in a lifetime stuff for him. If I impress at my county maybe I'll get a go over these useless ODI group!

This is funny. Irelands been a bit of a gloomy place to live in the last few months but we all had big grins on our faces last night. Still have them today as well.:icon_razz:

DeletedUser8943

Hate the man, but have to give him credit for his cheekiness!!! LOL
scaled.php

DeletedUser7304

I suppose it could have been worse.... least it was better than Bangladesh's innings today... Even more pathetic

DeletedUser7304

haha, not quite as bad as losing to Ireland but it was another pretty poor display.. Hopefully they won't get through.. Colly to retire from all international cricket anyone???