• Thread starter DeletedUser3312
  • Start date

DeletedUser3312

2012​
b15253564.bmp

So who thinks the world is going to end?​

I for one have no idea. Yeah I watch these programs which basically explain in 100 different ways in which the world can end. Here's a few examples:

Aliens
Sun blowing up
Sun slightly blowing up
Zombies (Personal favourite)
Nuclear War
World changing its poles
World gets flooded
Idk, God?

I know so little about religious causes/rights/beliefs and science bores me. So I'm like in the middle.

Your thoughts on it will be appreciated,

Zombies FTW!

DeletedUser

I don't think the world is any more likely to end this year than any other year, there's not really any particular reason why it should.

DeletedUser

World wont end this year (Next year) we should have died already.. Y2K Was supposed to mess us up bad.. yet here we are sexxi as ever.

DeletedUser

World wont end, the Euro project will fail, Ireland will use the punt once again and devalue our currency meaning we'll all be debt free.

Heil Merkozy!

DeletedUser

And then the EU collapses and everyone agrees it's the PIGS fault and invade to steal their riches.

DeletedUser10224

Not likely to end in 2012......but......

1. My opinion is that humans, due to stripping the Earths resources and polluting the Earth, could change the Earth drastically over the coming years but I'm sure we will survive in one way or another......except for point 2 below...

2. I think the biggest threat to humans is NEO asteroids (Near Earth Orbit). If one of the bigger ones hit Earth (as they reckon it did for the dinosaurs) humans my struggle to survive....

DeletedUser

Not likely to end in 2012......but......

1. My opinion is that humans, due to stripping the Earths resources and polluting the Earth, could change the Earth drastically over the coming years but I'm sure we will survive in one way or another......except for point 2 below...

It's always nice to look at pretty pictures.
26051202.jpg

2. I think the biggest threat to humans is NEO asteroids (Near Earth Orbit).

The chance is lower than 1% it's not high enough for any real scientist to really give a damn about. Asteroids are also far and few between usually tens of thousands of miles away from another asteroid don't believe everything Hollywood puts on film, if they were to just add one rock in the sky it would look pretty boring.

We have virtually nothing to worry about from anything from the asteroid belt just beyond Mars as they are all in an orbit around the sun just like us. The ones from the Kuiper belt however pose a larger threat if a rouge Asteroid was to get lose and made it's way towards the center of the solar system slightly leaning towards the biggest and closest thing too it, however that still isn't a great threat due to Jupiter. Though Jupiter is 318 times the mass of the Earth, it is 11 times greater in diameter. Gravity increases with mass, but decreases with the distance from the centre of mass; the gravitational force g=m/r2 = gravitational constant x mass of Jupiter x mass of the object all over the distance between the centres of mass squared. Basically pretty much nothing gets past our doorman - Jupiter.

That said NASA moved us up to level four on the Torino scale for an Asteroid (2004 MN4) to hit on April 13, 2029.

If one of the bigger ones hit Earth (as they reckon it did for the dinosaurs) humans my struggle to survive....

If an Asteroid the size of the Chicxulub (The one that killed the Dinosaurs) hit Earth we would be dead, there would pretty much be no struggle. The impact would be first followed by tsunami's, then we would have to deal with acid rain and fires starting destroying all plant life collapsing the food chain. The herbivores would of died first followed by the meat eaters then the carrion eaters would of all died of starvation. Pretty much all life within thousands of miles would now be dead, then you have the rest of the world being hit by earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and ash clouds blocking out sun light and chocking us.

No offense to all those who think 2012 is the end of the world but you're seriously stupid. The Mayans wrote dates on their calendars which went thousands of years ahead in time, if I was to write a calendar I probably wouldn't get past March before becoming very bored of repeating myself over and over. Honestly, it had to end at one point.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Chavs will become sentient and destroy all of the bus stops in the world.

Somehow that will trigger the end.