404 - Tribe Not Found?

DeletedUser7325

With all due respect to other top tribes, I still thought 404 was one solid tribe with solid leadership. Based on members changes as well as performance. Sad it ended this way, yeah surely one of the quickest disbandment.

DeletedUser

i have to disagree even without knowing the whole 100% ins & outs or 404's side of the story (unless someone wishes to enlighten us) i thinks its obvious to assume that they obviously weren't that great as they have disbanded.... for what ever reason,

DeletedUser

Well yeah, I thought it was a good tribe too. I go away for the weekend, come back and it's gone! Of course, I was just a humble footsoldier, albeit a loyal one, but I have no idea at all what this was all about. We had a spy? More than one? So what, every tribe has them, it's part of the game and adds to the gameplay by making things a bit more unpredictable (although not normally as unpredictable as this). In any case, there are always ways around spys using things like cell structures for ops, direct mailed partial target lists and having false info available to see if it is leaked. But All I can assume in this case is either some one or some people wanted a quick excuse to bail on w4 for the delights of w5, or that the particular betrayal was rather too close for comfort. I can only guess on the latter by the numbers of ex-404 members now in Bi, although that could equally be down to top ranked players gravitating to a top-ranked tribe anyway I guess. Who knows - I certainly don't!
Del.

DeletedUser6695

It would have been nice of ruffus to actually tell us the whole story instead of us having to get other peoples versions

DeletedUser857

Events that lead to 404 disbanding:

1) mgegge betrays
2) Reverend Reverly is so annoyed by the betrayl, he leaves the tribe.
3) ruffus is so disheartened by the loss of his close friend Rev, he grows sick of the tribe and disbands
4) All the 404 members go lolwut we were just about to launch on bi!
5) Bi! Take in the best 404 players

DeletedUser

Yeah, I figure that about covers it. But number one tribe or not, I can't help thinking Bi! is one hell of a simmering pot of nastiness now (yeah, go ahead and clear me guys, so what!), what with all the traitors and egos. After all, as the old saying goes, ther;s no 'i' in team is there, but oh yeah, ther's one in Bi! sure enough...

DeletedUser

Lets just put it has ruffus pulled a hissy fit over a simple matter, then ran off.

No more really needs to be said

DeletedUser

just wanna ask.... has it never occurred to anyone to use psychology in tw.... lol IF this is true (i have no official place within bi! nor speak for them as a spokesman) and that was planned i guess that just shows the power of BI! lol

DeletedUser857

404 disbanded because Rev left and ruffus lost heart- it has less to do with Bi! than you want the community to believe.

DeletedUser

just major coincidence they disbanded so soon after declaration....

DeletedUser

just wanna ask.... has it never occurred to anyone to use psychology in tw.... lol IF this is true (i have no official place within bi! nor speak for them as a spokesman) and that was planned i guess that just shows the power of BI! lol

The psych factor is very important indeed, but it doesn't work with experienced tribes with experienced players. Experienced players are not intimdated.

DeletedUser

404 disbanded because Rev left and ruffus lost heart- it has less to do with Bi! than you want the community to believe.

I understood it that Rev lest beause meggege came to us, because he thought we were the better tribe?

DeletedUser1410

so everyone want to know why?
And I think I should tell them why?
simple really!
Mind games, RL and just couldn't be bothered anymore with all the rubbish that goes with being in a top tribe.
Yes Rev left, but so did a few others.
The reason they left might have been that they thought Bi! were/are a better tribe, well they are now anyway.
Me! I think they left because they were so scared of loosing villages, yes some members just wanted points and they also had the troops to back there points, but at the end of the day NO ONE has the right to blast me because NO ONE knows whats happening in my RL.

After what has happened on UK3 and UK4 I think this game for me has been a long insight to what this world and I mean Real world is all about, people don't care what they do as long as they win.
Did Bi! win? No not really because there was never a fight, and world 4 will be a sad place because Bi! are that strong world 4 will become boring because no one will fight them.
So well done to Bi! for the mindgames or what ever you want to say.

On a personal note to the loyal members of 404.
It was an honour to be in the same tribe as you, one day we might be in a tribe together, but I will never start a tribe again.
Good luck to you all.
John

DeletedUser

On a personal note to the loyal members of 404.
It was an honour to be in the same tribe as you, one day we might be in a tribe together, but I will never start a tribe again.
Good luck to you all.
John

RL always has to come first - best of luck to you mate, twas a pleasure playing with you, and for what it's worth I thought you were a great tribe leader. I guess we just took in a few to many selfish bonzos along the way, but as they all seem to be in Bi! now I actually suspect that will sow the seeds of that tribes own destruction somewhere down the line as hardly any of them seem to be good team players and ultimately no matter what the level of individual skill, you can only survive and prosper (and yes, win) in the long term by being part of a good collective who look out for each other. Can't see some of the 'me me me' brigade in Bi! doing too much of that myself. Anyway, hope things work out for you mate....
Del.

DeletedUser

personally my opinion is this is a game simple as and yes tw comes 2nd to rl however if tw is taking time up from rl that is needed then i can understand but that is just one person... and lets face it i bet 90% of players on here have rl issues i know i have but what the hell - thats life, it never stays rosey forever.... sorry to hear about yours ruffus but the fact that you have rl issues should never have resulted in 404's demise... as for the players bi! took in, im sure im not alone in saying that if they are a drain to the tribe our leadership wont stand for it, so there doing themselves no favors in joining us, however again i would expect the enemy to say this so time will tell...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well it strikes me that there are a number of factors going on here. Clearly whatever problems Ruffus has in real life are the most central, and if you are already under some RL stress having people you thought you trusted in a game that is meant to be a bit of an escape from any RL woes you may have was no doubt the straw that broke the camels back. It certainly isn't easy being a tribe leader, I was for a while on w3 and found it far too stressful, and that was only with a small tribe - with a large successful one the pressure I think would increase rather than decrease, and in this case the collective leadership ascpect via the council clearly failed due to the betrayals.

No offence to Bi! but I really don't think that it was fear of you that led to this. No fighting had started, and a look at the map in terms of where we each had strength indicated to me that actually we had very little to fear given 404's concentration in K55 and Bi!'s problems of being far too spread out to concentrate attacks/support.

So therefore we are left with the actions of certain individuals. The original spy(s) aside, Mgegge's betrayal of his tribemates by joining Bi! would appear to have been the start of the implosion. Now I knew Mgegge when he first started playing TW and we were in the same w2 tribe and he was a good person to play with until he got bored of having too many villas to deal with (about the same number as he has now) and suddenly quit and left us in the lurch. I was half-expecting the same to happen here, but this time around there was a co-player involved so deciphering the personality becomes even more difficult. Indeed, half the time there were so many accounts being co-played, often without the original player of the account and often with regular changes, that I seriously began to wonder who was who anymore and to be honest I'm not even sure the 'real' mgegge is still there. Well, I would like to think he wasn't just because if it is the same mgegge he has seriously nose-dived in my estimation of him.

But perhaps that is the danger inherant in co-playing and the often constant changing of people involved, as it does not really lead to any loyalty or pride of doing the right thing as such so to defend a good reputation, rather just a very intensive push for points at the expense (or so it seems) of everything else (loyalty to tribemates for one thing). Which is why I really do wonder about the longterm survival of Bi! now (as opposed to short-term success), not because I am bitter (although clearly some of the ex-404 members who scuttled accross to them should be ashamed of their actions), but with so many in that tribe who clearly do not have any sense of loyalty, honour or teamworking it must at the very least lead to a situation where mistrust and paranoia about others will increase. Bi! seem to make a big play on spying. Good for them, and I won't be a hypocrite about it because while I have never spied in all my time playing TW I have not refused useful information from other doing it either. But if it becomes a central aspect of the tribe (and it would appear to be in the case of Bi!) then the question of can I really trust my tribemates given what they have done to others must come to the fore. In other words, you reap what you sow...
Del.

DeletedUser

apart from 90% of that being completely irrelevant as an actual response, i still left wondering why a tribe so strong as you say, didnt just reform under a different name or ruffus hand over the ropes to someone he did trust... unless of course he didnt trust anyone, at which point if this was the case you should agree that 404 wouldnt have lasted anyway,

as for you saying that certain ex 404 should be
ex-404 members who scuttled across to them should be ashamed of their actions
why should they feel ashamed of going to a strong tribe??? if ruffus didn't trust his tribe enough do you really expect them to trust??? maybe they wanted stability?

as ive already stated IF they arnt worthy of a place in bi i'm sure that they wont stay, simple - everyone pulls their weight!

again nothing against ruffus ( i had actually heard good things of him, which is why im disappointed) and hope his has his rl stuff sorted but a tribe is not one player, as you said you was a leader of a small tribe on w2 i would have even expected you to understand that if for whatever reason you couldnt continue on tw, you would hand over the tribe and wish them your best, and hope they are as strong without you...

Last edited by a moderator: