5.7 Change Log Discussion

DeletedUser

/me lieks teh update, spoilers in game ftw!
I just think a lot of teh stuff is nice and long needed.

DeletedUser4147

^ bahve to agree.

spoilers in game FTW!

some good stuff, thank god for the shared forum fix, it really bugged me.

DeletedUser

Apart from the 'night' addition, what exactly is being changed in the config file?

DeletedUser4

Apart from the 'night' addition, what exactly is being changed in the config file?

[tt]Im sure if you ask Purple Predator nicely he will explain it to you as hes not very impressed :icon_rolleyes: [/tt]

DeletedUser

[la]My understanding is a lot of things currently in the config file (such as <barbarian_rise>?) are being taken out. :'(

/me is not happy.[/la]

DeletedUser

There have been no changes made to 'game' following the update to 5.7 on .net, barb rise and the other game settings are still available. The only changes so far as I can see are the removal of 'gm_scan', 'illegal_time' and 'block_after' (the latter two both sitting settings) and the addition of 'night'.

I don't understand how those particular settings had previously been causing problems. Just curious.

DeletedUser

gmscan is how often the site scans for greasemonkey scripts.
In theory, you could create a script that shuts down for 1 ms on those times, or (if it only scans once) waits for the time to pass.

DeletedUser

I have heard that since the update all buildings in queue disappear at nobling? :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

Where did you hear that? On my return to tw a few months back someone asked about that in our tribe on W36.net, never directly tested it myself but I think that came in a while ago. Had my suspicions it was tied into those blasted churches and the pesky issue of first churches in the build queue on ennoblement. Sledgehammer and nut springs to mind but I never got an actual answer as to what had been changed and why.

DeletedUser

Bah, they're messing with my config xmls? :(. Damn you Innoggammmmmes!

-DaMouse