A Brief Introduction to Intelligent Flaming/Propaganda ReDux Deluxe

DeletedUser

See, back in the day I wrote a nifty guide, and since that time I have encountered other moderately decent introductory guides, and explanations of how to intelligently argue and propagandize. I'll share my original post on the topic, and hopefully a collection of other nice threads on the topic in hopes that it spurs a bit of forum involvement. Flame away, I don't really care if you're so inclined. I felt that since the Propaganda contest is now halted due to a lack of participation, it is only fair to help people with ideas. To my knowledge, I never actually finished the guide, so in the next few days I'll try getting around to it. At the moment it is late, and I have a heap of Algebra and German homework I need to get done, so I'll leave you guys with a sampling to tide you over. I am posting the unedited original version. Again, if I find the time I'll edit it up a bit to further address the needs I've seen in these forums.

A Brief Introduction to Intelligent Flaming/PnP

I tried talking myself out of it, I truly did, but this: http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=132889 ruined any chance of that. For this reason, I'm making an introductory lesson to flaming. Mainly because I have seen no one capable of arguing more than "epic fail lulz!", or "u haz liekz no lief d00d!"

That is preposterous. That is pathetic. That is foolish. That is dull. That... Well, I got my point across well enough methinks. :icon_redface:

So without further ado, I'll go straight to it.

Flaming

Contrary to what popular belief seems to be, flaming is not insulting someone until they leave or report you. For some, it is an art. For those few, World 34 is like a rusty spoon shoved deep into the eye. Now the dilapidated state of propaganda in this world might be attributed to moderation, or as some claim, a lack thereof, but that is no excuse.

When flaming, one must decide what piece of the argument they're attacking. A few targets include, but are not limited to:

• Poster's Credibility
• Holes in argument
• Logic
• Lies
• Hypocrisy

DO NOT try to target a poster personally. This is a poor choice, and it will not earn you E-Peen. Generally people will hate you for it, and even side against you on it. Saying "You're fat and ugly IRL" is not flaming, it's insulting. To some mods, that's an infractable offense.

Now, I'll explain what I meant by each briefly, providing examples if able.

•Attacking Credibility... This is probably the easiest means of winning an argument. All one has to do is discredit the opposition and they've won. Once discredited, the opponent will be unable to rebutle, as they'll no longer be taken seriously. A slightly overlooked example of this can be found here: http://forum.tribalwars.net/showpost.php?p=3277394&postcount=16

No, I am not saying the delivery was the best. In fact is was very poor, but it still did as intended. Reaper was able to effectively discredit the poster and thus, their points from then on out were null and void. He was able to prove that the poster was foolish and incapable.

•Finding Holes... This is another effective tool for a flamer's arsenal. For the most part it's fairly self explanatory. You essentially seek the holes in your opponent's argument, and bring them to the surface. If they only give part of the story, but leave the parts they don't like out, or only cover a piece of the discussion, and ignore the rest, you can call them on it. You can also dig holes for you opponents per say. By this, I mean you can lure the opposition into arguing a statement with holes in it. For more details on luring, read beyond. A simple example of this would be asking for reports if someone claims to have cleared someone. If they are unable to provide said reports, then you have them.

•Logic... In rare circumstances, an opponent can make an illogical argument. If this is the case, simply attack that logic. If they try to make connections that do not exist, call them on it. If they say that by hitting an empty village means that the player they struck had no troops, that's an illogical statement. The defending player could have easily dodged their troops. To make that sort of assessment would be illogical yes?

•Lies... This is one of the easier ways to target someone, and also the simplest. If a player is lying, and you know it, you can handle it one of two ways. Either ask for proof, or prove them wrong yourself. Do not combat lies with more lies. That's a surefire way to lose. Ask for proof, or prove them wrong. That is the best way to combat a lie. When you catch an opponent in a lie, use that to discredit them, and effectively win the argument.

•Hypocrisy... This is a harder subject to target, as it can be open to interpretation. Essentially, you find the poster saying something and doing the opposite. In other words, if a known backstabber begins commenting on another player backstabbing, they're a hypocrite. Call them on it. Again, this can be used to discredit the opposition.

Now, how do you use these targets intelligently and effectively? Easy. Research, patience, and persistence.

By research, I do not mean that you have to look at every post the poster has made, but the search function can be very useful in proving the opponent wrong. Especially if they are a repeated poster. Finding a previous post of them making a mistake that they are now condemning, or finding a previous post of them contradicting themselves can go a long way in an argument.

By patience, I do not mean to sit around waiting for the opposition to make a simple type and then capitalize on it. By this, I mean one needs to wait for the time to unleash all of their evidence on the opposition. Wait for them to make sufficient mistakes, and then unleashing the bulk of your evidence on them at once. Generally this is what wins an argument.

By persistence, I do not mean constantly posting "you fail" or "you suck". Sometimes all it takes to win an argument is to consistently prove the opposition wrong, or to use the same argument in each response to force them to attone for their mistake.

Another mistake many make is to try arguing without some facts for support. This tends to be a mistake, as people can easily knock your argument out of the water by providing some sort of evidence to discredit you.

A lure is where you purposefully leave holes in your argument for your opponent to try to argue against. You leave these holes in your argument for the opponent to begin arguing something you know you can squash them at. Generally this is a means to get them to let something important slip, or to get them to make a major lapse in judgement that you can capitalize on.

Remember, you are not trying to get the final word. You're trying to get the public on your side. If you are able to effectively dominate your opponent, people will likely join in on your side, and make your points for you. If that happens then you no longer need to post.

Know when to flame, and when to remain silent. It may very well save you from a political disaster.

And that concludes my introduction to flaming. The rest you'll have to learn for yourself, as a lot is a tad bit harder to explain and/or a trick of the trade. Now I did not spend an hour of my time writing this for you lot to come insulting me for it. I am genuinely disgusted at the lack of intelligent flaming I've seen in this world, so therefore I am doing my part to help make the world a better place. :icon_biggrin:

I know, I skipped the PnP part. I am out of patience ATM, I'll ninja the next post in the thread and reserve it so I can edit it in later.

Since a great deal of people are interested in making PnP to succeed in Krieg's Propaganda Contest, I figure that this would be the better place to start for the time being. I'll try to walk through my process of writing a PnP thread. The example I'll use is Freak Out!

To start with, most good PnP has a catchy title. A big misconception is that one has to put [War], or (PnP) in the title. That is not the case. If you do it properly, people will be capable of figuring out what your thread is about. The thread's title should be interesting, and entice people to come read. In my case, it was a repeated phrase in the song I chose to base my PnP around. (That will come later). The title could really be anything, but the most important thing is that it catches people's attention. It should be short enough that people don't get bored by the time they read the end of it, but long enough that you provide a sense of intrigue. It is after all, the first thing that people see when looking at your thread. I came up with "Freak Out!" for this thread. The reasoning becomes rather evident once one reads the thread.

Okay, so you've got a cool title and you're ready to get into the meat of your Propaganda. Not quite yet. First you need an idea of what your propaganda's theme, or major elements are going to be. You should think about the best way to both entertain, and inform the audience of what is going on. In my case, I thought that the song Le Freak was a solid choice. It had some nice repetition that could be used to include my important links and what-not. It also rather clearly stated precisely who Jungle was going to war with. It was fairly easy to assume what was going on without overtly saying, "Jungle is going to war with Freaks".

So I've made it clear who the target is, and I have a relatively interesting hook to keep people interested. Now it is time to include some evidence to make people think my tribe is going to wipe the floor with them. One of the best ways to do this, is to include reports and evidence of enemy tribe's leaders (or members) making fools of themselves. In my case, it was both. I had ample evidence that showed the leaders "betraying" their tribe to save their own skins, and I had a large number of reports of Jungle members wreaking havoc on Freak villages. On a side note, people hate leaders that betray their tribes. Targetting a tribe's leaders is usually the best way to cause instability in the opposing tribe. After all, if the leader thinks there is no hope, how will they convince the members that they have a chance? The second best way is to make them think their efforts are useless, and their task seems too immense to succeed. For the sake of this explanation, I targeted the leadership.

By making the members of the tribe worry for their safety, and show them that their leaders could not be trusted, I established a a wall of distrust between the members and the leaders. This inevitably led to a total break down of the tribe. This let us mop up the individual players with little to no resistance from any sort of coordinated strike.

And that is about all I have to say about that. That is my process. The thing you need to take into account is entertainment vs information. You need a solid balance of both. Otherwise no one will read what you're writing, or no one will believe what you're writing.

I will likely edit and add some more later, but for the time being I have things of my own to attend to.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The idea here is that you'll be able to find examples of solid Propaganda. It's a rather narrow view I think at the moment, but when I have a bit more time, I'll try finding some more.

Back To The Grave . . . - Pervis... Does Pervis really need an introduction? He is likely one of the most prolific and successful leaders and posters around. This was my first experience with really good propaganda. Worth sharing in my opinion.
The Antics Of The Inferior - Pervis... Your every day Pervis propaganda. Nothing particularly stands out to me about it, but it is also worth a read nonetheless.
Satisfaction Guaranteed . . . . - Pervis... And who doesn't love Random PnP? If anyone has better examples of Random PnP that aren't broken, I'd love to have them. This was the first one I could find off hand.
Another War announcement. - Jester... One of the first truly epic PnPs, it gives me ideas for propaganda every time I read it.
Team Canada - Dealing with misinterpretations - Lobster5... One of the few examples of a picture PnP done right.
[Breaking news] Today's press review - Thargoran... I believe the images may be broken, but perhaps Tharg can find them again? It was a very nice thread back in the day.
The FEAR Epidemic - Willovain... Not one of my best, but at the time it was my second thread on the forums I believe. It got fairly nice reviews. Even without mad graphical skills you can make a fairly neat PnP that serves its purpose.
Pie?! Caught In The Cookie Jar? - Willovain... Again, not one of my best, but it also serves a point. That is without a spy, and without any other information source other than TWstats. You can make your argument believable even without spies, trickery, and all that jazz.

DeletedUser

Alright, here is to further reading. These are guides or threads about the topic. If someone has others I have missed, feel free to post them in here and I'll try to edit them in as I find time.

Tic Toc's Guide to Propaganda - Rather self explanatory, no?
What's with the Obsession with Pictures? - Not a guide per-say, but it is an interesting thread that does warrant a read for would be propagandists. A lot of good points were made in this thread if I remember correctly.

DeletedUser2765

[ke]I've stickied your thread, I hope this makes people put a little more effort into their pieces for the propaganda. From what I've seen to those who have entered, the quality of PnP has dropped.[/ke]

DeletedUser117

[ke]I've stickied your thread, I hope this makes people put a little more effort into their pieces for the propaganda. From what I've seen to those who have entered, the quality of PnP has dropped.[/ke]

Try adding this thread in it - Tic Tocs guide is very informative in my opinion

DeletedUser

Try adding this thread in it - Tic Tocs guide is very informative in my opinion

At the moment, I am collecting a bunch of examples of other PnP, and guides. I certainly wouldn't want everyone to think that I am masking the truth. That's what the two saved posts are for. Looking for 2 or 3 more Threads and I'll have them all up for ya.

DeletedUser

Post Jesters! Please that was hilarious and a great example of PnP minus pics - I think it was W2 .net
link:
http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=2788

I am aware of the thread Sparks. That is also on my lsit. I have about a dozen examples of various PnP. :icon_neutral: Stop posting stuff I already know is epic. :icon_cry:

On those notes, I am done for the night. Flame me, love me, do whatever. I am going to try and not fail at life.

DeletedUser117

I think the best pnp is not a long drawn out wall of text, Jesters was good because his pnp was original and funny - it also was contained in one post. Convincing leaders to disband is pretty easy, even if they dont read the forums - just mass mail their members with a link to the PnP you posted. Usually within a day or so the member numbers drop and the leader runs for it.

If I remember correctly Che was one of the top ranked tribes back then - not really that hard to disband a smaller tribe ;)

*Side note - You based that PnP off this one didnt you? I believe the difference between yours and Jackobites is he drew the fourms members by posting it in bits and pieces. After your initial post the rest of the thread was basically lots of back slapping. Good PnP - maybe, Epic PnP - doubt it. :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser2765

I think the best pnp is not a long drawn out wall of text, Jesters was good because his pnp was original and funny - it also was contained in one post. Convincing leaders to disband is pretty easy, even if they dont read the forums - just mass mail their members with a link to the PnP you posted. Usually within a day or so the member numbers drop and the leader runs for it.

If I remember correctly Che was one of the top ranked tribes back then - not really that hard to disband a smaller tribe ;)

*Side note - You based that PnP off this one didnt you? I believe the difference between yours and Jackobites is he drew the fourms members by posting it in bits and pieces. After your initial post the rest of the thread was basically lots of back slapping. Good PnP - maybe, Epic PnP - doubt it. :icon_neutral:

[ke]No, I did not base it off of jesters pnp, I played w5 until w6 came out and promptly quit. I have never even heard of jesters before now.

As for the PnP itself, it was not a wall of text, did you read it at all? It is a story, if the plot and story are good, why should it be contained to one post? To make people with short attention spans happy? Ridiculous, people with such short attention spans aren't worth your/my time anyway, simply because they're emotions and feelings towards tribes can be swayed as easily as a breeze sways the grass. They matter not.

CHE!!! was a top ranked tribe, but so was TIO at the time, it was back when nobles had only been out for awhile, so TIO was easily ranked top 8, if not a bit higher. But I can't remember the finer details of such a thread, it is by far to long ago to remember.

Also, making a tribe disband, in public is a lot more demonstrating and fearing then making a tribe disband in private. Anyone can make a tribe disband through mass-mails, but few can claim they made it happen through the external forums. Pervis is one of them, I think, along with a few others I'm sure, but it is not a feat that happens often, to my knowledge atleast.

One final point, a wall of text is a wall of text, no paragraphs, no organization, just one big splurge of words and sentences, if you deem that thread/post a wall of text, then what would you call this, a minor wall of text? Oh and I never claimed my PnP to be epic. :)[/ke]

DeletedUser

You called your propaganda exemplary, which usually associates the work to be the best, which is the dominant connotation of what epic is.

I agree with Sparks, it was just a boring story with a few dialogues in it... congrats? It was nothing close to the PnP of that time.

Oh btw, a pretty wall of text is still a wall of text.

EDIT: Just read through it, you had a few tribes declaring war on him, and a whole lot of their members fled. Hardly disbanded because you convinced him too.

DeletedUser117

No, I did not base it off of jesters pnp, I played w5 until w6 came out and promptly quit. I have never even heard of jesters before now.

I didnt say you did - I posted the link to Jacobites' War announcement - I remember reading that you even admitting to basing your PnP on it, somewhere in your thread, please dont make me trudge back through that thread again and quote it
As for the PnP itself, it was not a wall of text, did you read it at all? It is a story, if the plot and story are good, why should it be contained to one post? To make people with short attention spans happy? Ridiculous, people with such short attention spans aren't worth your/my time anyway, simply because they're emotions and feelings towards tribes can be swayed as easily as a breeze sways the grass. They matter not.

The majority of the people playing in .uk are kids or people with not a lot of time on their hands. In my personal opinion, PnP should be able to quickly sway the reader into your way of thinking, not forcing him to read 20 paragraphs (as an example). Formatted correctly or not.

CHE!!! was a top ranked tribe, but so was TIO at the time, it was back when nobles had only been out for awhile, so TIO was easily ranked top 8, if not a bit higher. But I can't remember the finer details of such a thread, it is by far to long ago to remember.

CHE!! also became a major force in W6, it had some of the best players in it at that time. TIO was a mas recruiting tribe that was in the top 8 by mass not skill. This was proven by the way the leader posted in the forums.

Also, making a tribe disband, in public is a lot more demonstrating and fearing then making a tribe disband in private. Anyone can make a tribe disband through mass-mails, but few can claim they made it happen through the external forums. Pervis is one of them, I think, along with a few others I'm sure, but it is not a feat that happens often, to my knowledge atleast.

That I agree on, but I stated mass mailing the forum link - not mass mailing them to leave or be rimmed.
As for disbanding a tribe via forums? The reason I wrote that was because even I did it ( I didnt realise it was such a big deal), the odds were totally in the enemy tribes favour - by 4 to 1 but still they disbanded. Link, you must excuse the dead pics.

One final point, a wall of text is a wall of text, no paragraphs, no organization, just one big splurge of words and sentences, if you deem that thread/post a wall of text, then what would you call this, a minor wall of text? Oh and I never claimed my PnP to be epic. :)[/ke]

Please excuse my ignorance - I deem a wall of text anything that goes over a single post length :icon_wink:

DeletedUser2765

I didnt say you did - I posted the link to Jacobites' War announcement - I remember reading that you even admitting to basing your PnP on it, somewhere in your thread, please dont make me trudge back through that thread again and quote it
[ke]
Referring to this? There is a difference between basing your idea on a PnP and getting the initial idea off of it. The idea you ask? To make a story, not to be rude, but certainly then, a lot of great PnP's are nothing more then deluded copy cats since they made stories too. Now, basing a PnP off of another PnP is taking another's ideas and context and putting it on your own. As you said, you think jacobites PnP is better because he did it in short waves, well if I had based my PnP off of his, as you claim, I certainly would've done the same... But I didn't. :icon_wink:[/ke]

The majority of the people playing in .uk are kids or people with not a lot of time on their hands. In my personal opinion, PnP should be able to quickly sway the reader into your way of thinking, not forcing him to read 20 paragraphs (as an example). Formatted correctly or not.

[ke]It honestly depends on what you're aiming at as far as effect. If you are trying to sway a person's emotions towards a tribe -- then yes, certainly a short PnP is way better hence the; "Ridiculous, people with such short attention spans aren't worth your/my time anyway, simply because they're emotions and feelings towards tribes can be swayed as easily as a breeze sways the grass. They matter not." I, aswell as others for sure, can make PnP designed to do exactly what you describe, sway the day-to-day emotions of people. On the other hand, you can make great PnP's that have no true objective, other then writing something grand. I could've easily wrote; "CHE!!! declares war on TIO because we think they're noobs" and the point would've been the same. But instead I wrote something much more in-depth and detailed because I wanted too, because I wanted to have fun in the writing. It was not a PnP designed to make people sway in support of CHE!!! against TIO, we already had that, it was something for fun.[/ke]

CHE!! also became a major force in W6, it had some of the best players in it at that time. TIO was a mas recruiting tribe that was in the top 8 by mass not skill. This was proven by the way the leader posted in the forums.
[ke]
Not so true, CHE!!!, GU, MCD and PH (I'm fairly sure PH was still around that time) were all fairly equal in strength, with MCD and PH being at the top. After MCD's and PH's fall, CHE!!! became the most dominant power, but that was after TIO fell.[/ke]
That I agree on, but I stated mass mailing the forum link - not mass mailing them to leave or be rimmed.
As for disbanding a tribe via forums? The reason I wrote that was because even I did it ( I didnt realise it was such a big deal), the odds were totally in the enemy tribes favour - by 4 to 1 but still they disbanded. Link, you must excuse the dead pics.

[ke]I wouldn't say it's such a big deal, rather it is something very few people can claim. You see, the difference between a mass-mail and talking a leader into disbanding his tribe is very simple. You are dealing with 1 person, the leader, to sway his opinion is a lot harder then to sway a tribe full of noobs opinions. Simply because the leader, above all else, holds the most loyalty to the tribe, to talk him into disbanding his tribe is a lot more difficult then to tell a bunch of unloyal noobs to leave or die. Would you not agree?[/ke]

Please excuse my ignorance - I deem a wall of text anything that goes over a single post length :icon_wink:

[ke]Ignorance excused. :icon_wink:[/ke]

DeletedUser117

[ke]
Referring to this? There is a difference between basing your idea on a PnP and getting the initial idea off of it. The idea you ask? To make a story, not to be rude, but certainly then, a lot of great PnP's are nothing more then deluded copy cats since they made stories too. Now, basing a PnP off of another PnP is taking another's ideas and context and putting it on your own. As you said, you think jacobites PnP is better because he did it in short waves, well if I had based my PnP off of his, as you claim, I certainly would've done the same... But I didn't. :icon_wink:[/ke]

As stated previously, there is a difference between Good PnP and Exemplary PnP. Good Pnp, which I would loosely class your as. Is PnP that has had thought and work put into it. Yet since you did get the initial idea off W5 - you should of posted that work not your own. The only difference it and yours, was length. Both started off as stories, both included Tribal players from both sides. Also considering your thread was only a month apart from the original - I cannot see how anyone would class that as epic / exemplary.

[ke]It honestly depends on what you're aiming at as far as effect. If you are trying to sway a person's emotions towards a tribe -- then yes, certainly a short PnP is way better hence the; "Ridiculous, people with such short attention spans aren't worth your/my time anyway, simply because they're emotions and feelings towards tribes can be swayed as easily as a breeze sways the grass. They matter not." I, aswell as others for sure, can make PnP designed to do exactly what you describe, sway the day-to-day emotions of people. On the other hand, you can make great PnP's that have no true objective, other then writing something grand. I could've easily wrote; "CHE!!! declares war on TIO because we think they're noobs" and the point would've been the same. But instead I wrote something much more in-depth and detailed because I wanted too, because I wanted to have fun in the writing. It was not a PnP designed to make people sway in support of CHE!!! against TIO, we already had that, it was something for fun.[/ke]

The definition of PnP is what? Politics and Propaganda - the whole reason of this thread is to guide ppl into how to write a decent war thread, or how to sway forum readers into your way of thinking. You just admitted that your PnP had no true objective, so again why post it here?
[ke]
Not so true, CHE!!!, GU, MCD and PH (I'm fairly sure PH was still around that time) were all fairly equal in strength, with MCD and PH being at the top. After MCD's and PH's fall, CHE!!! became the most dominant power, but that was after TIO fell.[/ke]

Are you trying to tell me that TIO was in any way shape or form equal to CHE!!, please :icon_rolleyes:

[ke]I wouldn't say it's such a big deal, rather it is something very few people can claim. You see, the difference between a mass-mail and talking a leader into disbanding his tribe is very simple. You are dealing with 1 person, the leader, to sway his opinion is a lot harder then to sway a tribe full of noobs opinions. Simply because the leader, above all else, holds the most loyalty to the tribe, to talk him into disbanding his tribe is a lot more difficult then to tell a bunch of unloyal noobs to leave or die. Would you not agree?[/ke]

The leader disbanded because people were leaving the tribe and after the third or forth tribe declared on him, not because of your original post. I wonder how the leaving members knew about your declaration? Or did they suddenly decide to leave on mass.

The enemy leader was trying to save his members, I wonder what other members would do in that situation.

i dont wanna let TIO down.. if we disbanned can we continue as ordinary players? i will speak to the tribe if its okay.. I want what is best for them..

i dont care about what happens to me.
I believe back then the norm was that the top tribes identified noob tribes and took them out. Thank god that has changed. . . . Whilst top tribe still try and take out families and easy targets, most now relish a challenge. Take RA and Kama for example.

[ke]Ignorance excused. :icon_wink:[/ke]
I assumed this was a thread about PnP and flamming, comments like that make me wonder if you are still here posting because you are trying to teach / help people or just boasting about how good you think your PnP is. :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser2765

The definition of PnP is what? Politics and Propaganda - the whole reason of this thread is to guide ppl into how to write a decent war thread, or how to sway forum readers into your way of thinking. You just admitted that your PnP had no true objective, so again why post it here?

[ke]I must go in a few minutes, so I'll only answer this for now. But I did not know Politics and Propaganda were defined merely to swaying ones opinion. After all, how are politics decided? Mmm, let me say that in a different way, how are POLITICIANS put into office?

Ah right, by popular vote, well then, wouldn't writing a piece, such as mine, make me a popular candidate? Or would have a simple line of declaration, had the same affect? :icon_confused:[/ke]

DeletedUser117

Just a quick one for you then. A group of experienced players post a somewhat humerous thread on a forum. The target for this thread is a somewhat inexperienced leader and fairly new tribe members.

As you are taking an example from politics, I will as well. In my eyes, yes your post was humerous, but I doubt you would of been elected king of w6 for it. You did yourself a disservice by choosing to declare on a tribe just barely even near you. Then proceeded to gloat when newer members leave. I would liken that action to George Bush declaring a war on Tasmania. George is very humerous (maybe without meaning to be) and the declaration -from what I can gather will hinder your growth more than helping your members, due to the considerable distance TIO was from CHE!!

I do wonder what would of happened to that dec if others had not posted their willingness to fight as well. Personally I would rather see this thread filled with different examples of PnP, not both of us tooing and froing on how good or bad one PnP post is.

Pm me if you wish to discuss it further.

DeletedUser

Willo i think your Freak Out PnP was extremely effective when matched with your IG mail buddy perhaps include that with the mail you sent out?

DeletedUser2765

Just a quick one for you then. A group of experienced players post a somewhat humerous thread on a forum. The target for this thread is a somewhat inexperienced leader and fairly new tribe members.

As you are taking an example from politics, I will as well. In my eyes, yes your post was humerous, but I doubt you would of been elected king of w6 for it. You did yourself a disservice by choosing to declare on a tribe just barely even near you. Then proceeded to gloat when newer members leave. I would liken that action to George Bush declaring a war on Tasmania. George is very humerous (maybe without meaning to be) and the declaration -from what I can gather will hinder your growth more than helping your members, due to the considerable distance TIO was from CHE!!

I do wonder what would of happened to that dec if others had not posted their willingness to fight as well. Personally I would rather see this thread filled with different examples of PnP, not both of us tooing and froing on how good or bad one PnP post is.

Pm me if you wish to discuss it further.

[ke]Incase you hadn't noticed, the arguement had gone away from the actual PnP to the merits of what PnP is and what is/can be accomplished through PnP -- atleast from my perspective. But ok, I know an informal surrender when I see one.[/ke]

DeletedUser117

[ke]Incase you hadn't noticed, the arguement had gone away from the actual PnP to the merits of what PnP is and what is/can be accomplished through PnP -- atleast from my perspective. But ok, I know an informal surrender when I see one.[/ke]

You have got to be kidding me, just because you choose to ignore facts, doesnt mean that they arent there.

I believe the reason for this thread was to show examples of Intelligent Flamming / Propaganda. As in what happens when a decent PnP was posted and the fallout of the post. I have shown on previous posts that your PnP, whilst ok, was not really a good example. Why do you continue to argue with the facts? Nothing was really accomplished by your PnP. You picked on a noob tribe, even if you did post CHE!!! declares on TIO - it would of had the same effect. :icon_rolleyes: