A crazy new world

• Thread starter DeletedUser10100
  • Start date

DeletedUser10100

Well, a few knew what was going to happen, with a few more knew something was going to change on W16, but to what extent was unsure for those not in the know.

I must admit I was shocked at the planned moves by some TC members to AFA-A along with Madmen's top players.

Now the questions are what predictions does everyone have on how long this world will now last? and what is going to be the next world war (who vs who)?

The next few weeks are going to be interesting, can't wait :)

Just a Noob

Reaction score
completely shocked me looking at the rankings and seeing the changes, a friend told me TC work like one big well oiled unit, now it appears some of their members have switched sides and TC are no longer rank 1 :O cant help but wonder about the reasons behind this all

DeletedUser10816

Don't worry Blaze, everything in TC was amicable, no one left due to hating each other, and there was absolutely no disagreements between players.

Everyone fully backed and understood the decision, and there was not a single word of blame layed at anyones feet.

The reasons were largely due to the massive impact on RL that TW has to the leadership, emphasised by a lack of new players to take on accounts.

Rather than under deliver to peoples expectations, we chose to give everyone the best opportunity we could, rather than limp on as a poor shadow of what we were.

Homes were arranged for those that wanted it.

There will be a few more changes to come that will complete the picture

DeletedUser10816

The future now lays with T4H to be honest. Their next move and how they react to this will dictate how long the world will be.

If they have the guts to carry on and split the world 50:50 with AFA before going head to head...

I'd like to think that will be the next big war, but i'm sure there will be a lot of debates going on behind the scenes - and a lot of troop changing to match the new world layout.

If they put up a good fight - the world could still carry on for another 2 years...

Its very very slow... and with 150,000 villages to take... and the top tribe only having about 20% ownership after a year (TC had 29% at one point I believe)... the finish is still a long way off

DeletedUser10100

To be honest, there are only two major wars left.

AFA / AFA-A vs the world

And

AFA / AFA-A vs T4H family

the latter yeah I kinda agree will likely be after a good old fashioned clean up, if AFA and T4H agree on holding off, but that war will be a long time off if the rest of the world put up a fight.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12541

Knowing the reasons behind why it's happened, it's totally reasonable and understandable.

But it's really sad to see another world get rushed to an end through diplomacy. I think TC hit some brick walls which must have been hard having a lot of skilled people.

I think we will get quite a few people quit from the recent diplomatic solutions. I must say, I have thought it and I am continuing to think it.

It just makes the fight a lot more unfair when it does come down to t4h vs a.f.a when it happens. But, the underdog could well win as seen with tc vs a.f.a with the size differences.

I guess we will see what happens within the next few weeks.

DeletedUser12641

the war has been fantastic and hats off to everyone in it,
now what happens who knows,
but what ever happens its still 50 50 who will win
i wont go into anything as i dont want to give any side an advantage, but i know what i would do :}

DeletedUser12963

MK is most prob gonna reply after me (saying im a noob :icon_razz:) but wsup gave a good fight until people held back :icon_cry:

DeletedUser13029

I agree with you MK. The world is being dictated on diplomacy now and not war which is why I have left and going to start on W20 but yeah it will be interesting on what happens next though I won't be there to watch! Lol

DeletedUser

Well its been fun but its time for the TW retirement home now for me... well from tomorrow anyway.

Think everybody wanted to carry on has found a new home thanks to mikes hard work and the other dukes of the respective tribes welcoming them on board.

Sad its come to a end but the inability to find new players and the demand the game makes on your time when trying to sit a few accounts makes it a chore more than a game.

Its been a good few years on UK servers and my thanks to Mike and Pabs for putting up with me and letting me run about on the maps doing what i like lol and hope I provided a few light hearted moments with the PnPs

Regards
Lord sherlock
sherlock30
reshie

DeletedUser10816

Your PnP's are legendary Reshie lol... teaming you up with Phil's graphics gave some of the best (albeit a bit off the wall and perverted :icon_razz: ) I've seen!

I'm intending to hang up my Duking role for good now too... 5 years is enough! I won't be disappearing completely though... will be finding a way to keep my addiction fed without the overwhelming compulsion to organise an entire world so it fits into my plan nice and neatly lol. I can't play as a normal player either, being a duke for so long makes that more or less impossible... I may just offer assistance here or there, mercenary style lol....

Its been a pleasure mate, and I'm sure one day we'll manage to drag you down to Northampton for one of our meet ups so you and rob can finally meet... :icon_cool:

DeletedUser12641

lamps i hope your not serious as this whole world and every world has diplomacy,
what about when tribes took under players in, what about amaze merging with afa or er with tc or gfe with legion, why didnt you quit then, why make an excuse now there still so many more wars to fight

DeletedUser10816

We're not making excuses :)

I'm very aware how much life is left in the world

I'm also very aware that no matter how many hours we put into TC, and however much they were the largest tribe by quite a gap - even the largest and most organised of tribes can die a death if it runs out of members.

That is essentially what happened, and try as we might to run multiple accounts via sits - doing that for 6 months is no fun at all and takes a toll on the enjoyment of a world.

I'm quite happy with how its turned out... the impossible has been achieved, and the most unlikely of mergers has been pulled off with minimal casualties.

Everyone has a home, the guys in TC are still in the tribe that is most likely to win the world, AFA and T4H are forced to consider war with each other, and those that were burning out get to bow out, knowing they've done their best for their tribe mates and changed the face of the world overnight.

Diplomacy has achieved more in the last couple of weeks than war has in the last 7 months!

Now its someone elses turn...

DeletedUser13029

Because we merged with the enemy and formed two tribes. I don't understand it personally but a move like that isn't my cup of tea and it's bored the world out for me unfortunately no disrespect to any of the tribes/members

DeletedUser10100

It has made the world a little more one sided though. AFA family have created a vast space in which they can expand thus leaving T4H little room for expansion. This will create a knock on effect when the final war comes.

plus only one tribe can win, so what if it comes down to it where the whittling doesn't go to plan to get down to that 50 members to win the world? It'll be interesting to see it all unfold that's for sure, there are more diplomatic and tribe change yet to come on this world I believe.

Anyways i thought family tribes were frowned upon anyways ;p

Good luck to all for next week when the world goes to war.

DeletedUser10816

I'd agree with you normally - family tribes usually mean a bunch of people who aren't good enough to make a decent tribe, so take comfort in numbers rather than comfort in skill.

Normally - i'd take the mick out of people who ran family tribes - as I've taken the approach that its better to eat the rubbish and help the decent players grow, freeing up space for a continual process of head hunting and upgrading the quality within the tribe... and having a family essentially means you've forgotten the basic idea of... one tribe, one winner...

This world is different though, its the first i've played that the warfare is so slow, that the tribe most likely to win is the tribe that has enough members to keep the tribe alive for the next 2 years... so in that respect.. a family tribe at this stage - however much I shudder at the thought... is probably a wise move.

I've quit the world now having deleted on Friday evening - but in my last week, I challenged someone in the top 10 to a one on one. Whilst I only had 50-60 nukes to send, he had about 190 (I think).

Normally - i'd expect either... I'd have all my stacks completely wiped out and need to rely on sniping, or I'd have expected a lot of my confusion tactics to spread his defense so widely that some noble nukes (real or fake) would get through....

As it turned out, both of us came away with nothing. lol.. I had 10m OD for the days work, and we'd both managed to achieve one village each being reduced to below 50 loyalty...

That is the story of the world for me. Lots of effort... very little progress. Not just on a personal level, but at a tribal level also.

We'd have a good month and gain maybe 30 or 40 more than the enemy did... then the following month it'd be reversed and they'd gain 30 or 40 more. After 6 or 7 months both sides of the war had achieved about 350 nobles against the other... level pegging.

Growth only being achieved through nobling barbs... or recruiting. Thats not how i've been used to playing worlds... it just doesn't seem right to me that you get more out of turtling than you do warring.

I'm not quite sure what precisely has made the world feel so sluggish... perhaps the 500ms noble gaps, the too heavy reliance on mass faking due to lack of any fake limit, and the sheer density of barbs has made the world more about who shouts the loudest rather than who has the most skilled and dedicated members.

I've not seen a world so densely populated with villages, barb or otherwise... I'm not sure if thats a setting behind the scenes that isn't published... but the combination of things made the world very slow to progress.
Perhaps that was the intention... to make a world to benefit those that have the stamina and determination to trudge on whilst others around them get bored or disheartened by lack of progress...

Hats off to spurs tbh :) he's so far got the combination right - with enough players who will keep on going through thick and thin.

DeletedUser

Would like to Thank Astro for the time he spent running TC and all the council who kept it going for as long as they did whilst looking for players.

Was great fun playing along side you pal sorry for the drunken skype messages.(Not really lol)

DeletedUser12641

i also have to comment its been nice having great players on both sides fighting each other, and yes spurs is a stubborn so and so and will never give up,
unfortunately no matter how long it takes one thing is guranteed me and spurs will never give up lol
and this world has proven that if you have good players against each other, can be very stalemate,
but also looking at other wars they didnt last too long,
so i say its not purely the settings but great players against each other that have made it so even

DeletedUser9598

If someone has an account that needs a new owner i could be tempted (depends on size/tribe/location etc) seeing as though w20 + w75 both suck settings-wise, pm me

DeletedUser10100

Baz I might have something for you. I remember playing with you before.