A Demoralising Era in Tribalwars.

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Bugs' started by ElPatron, May 10, 2019.

Share This Page

1. ElPatron

ElPatron New Member

I sit here on a Friday night (many of which I have enjoyed playing Tribalwars), saddened that I need to write this post.

I have played Tribalwars under different account names and on different serves for over 10 years now. Short periods of break don't often last and the draw to play again becomes too much. However, as things stand W43 will be my last world - unless some vital and required changes are made.

As instructed, I will not use any player names in this post, however a short visit to TWSTATS will make people very clear about the situation discussed below.

The Saga of Premium Point Abuse as I (and a wealth of others) see it.

Firstly I would like to point out that I understand why PP is necessary in tribal wars, it is the creators main source of income and if I designed a game like this I too would want some way of earning money from it. I also believe PP isn't an absolute 'evil'. I always try to start the world with a useable bank of PP for things such as wall builds (in times of incomings), Occasionally shortening build times (need the farm space before bed), and also I do often plug a bit of PP into the events that each world runs to gain items for the world. Being able to buy and sell PP on the market to fund Premium accounts, loot assistant and account manager is also a fantastic way of allowing players to use those features without needing to spend a wealth of money.

However,

Without a limit put on how much PP can be spent is having a drastic affect on worlds, and is causing large scale frustration, demotivation and general 'dislike' in the TW community.
    Since W43 began I have committed a massive amount of my personal time into growing my account at a steady pace (as I know the vast majority of players across the world will have). I am co-leading a tribe and putting in time and effort to make sure my tribemates are enjoying their time in the tribe and making progress. Then I look across to our frontline, and players are mass noble-ing barbarian villages or very small villages and growing them from 1000 - 9000 points in a matter of days - due to PP abuse.)

I would like to think over the last 10 years I have gathered quite a decent level of skill however after playing the world for a couple of months and finding myself 200K points behind the top players, how can anyone possibly compete in the grand scheme of things. What is the point in commiting hours upon hours into a world? only to be overwhelmed by a player that's spending multiple thousands, probably hundred thousands of PP points on growing their villages.

You are losing skill and dedication from TW, You are losing players who have played for years and years, You are creating worlds where 50% of players aren't even playing anymore, they are spending 5 worlds selling PP just so they can afford to try and compete in one later down the line! The worst thing of all? How many new players/members must you be putting off the game!

You can imagine the scenario, "Ohh fantastic a free to play online game, starts to create village, spends hours building only to realise 3 weeks in that the player next to them already has 10 villages and they are next on his list?" How? Why? this player will wonder, and decide the game is not for them.

What happens when these few members who are abusing PP spend to such a dramatic extreme get bored of playing TW? or eventually (and hopefully) run out of money? How are you creating a sustainable environment for future worlds? I have spoken to many many people who don't intend to continue playing, and certainly not spending money on the game because realistically it could be an absolute waste of time and effort.

This PP saga is also contributing to a massive amount of BS, backstabbing and general dishonest play too. W29 was my first world on this particular account, It was my first proper world back and I played in a good tribe making decent friends and allies. I also played against a tribe called OLD, who were absolutely fantastic. They peppered me with nuke after nuke and train after train along with my tribemates, and after a long drawn out war (the way it should be) they came out on top. I had the utmost respect for the way they were organised, the way they collaborated and the way they played. They also formed a respect of the way I defended and conducted myself, and I teamed up with them on their next world and won w34 with them. I am yet to play with a better set of players, but sadly - I doubt I will ever get the chance too.

W43 is a summary of what is wrong with TW, the amount of uproar and completely disrespectful play from a number of individuals that have caused tribal collapses and betrayals have been caused by direct individuals who have spent so much pp they feel they can force people to their will. That they are the most important player in their tribe and so betraying smaller players doesn't mater. Players that directly cause others to quit the game because of that betrayal. Players that can double a tribes score single handedly after only a few months, tribes that cannot compete with the top tribes because they don't have anyone abusing pp. Yes players have always swapped tribes etc, but when a player does it and is 10x the size of every other player due to spamming PP (so can immediately smash all those betrayed players to bits) it has a huge impact on those players tribes and morale. Tribes that recruit player after player to internal and repeat, who knows if these are genuinely players wanting to quit or if they are being forced into it.

Do something about it before its too late to get control of your game back tribalwars.

I am absolutely NOT suggesting you ban all PP - and please do not tell me to simply "play a classic world" if I want no pp abuse, because that is not what I want, I enjoy features of PP worlds, the events, being able to shorten build times. But you MUST put a limit on it.

Key Suggestions I believe would drastically improve the current situation you are causing:

- Just like you limit Market trading and Tribe resource trading, put a LIMIT on how much PP can be spent in the opening month of a world. (Lets for argument sake say 2000pp). A month in, and the points of all players will be far more level across the board, tribes will be more competitive with one another.
    - Then have a rolling monthly limit of PP spend for the entire world or perhaps for the 6 months after the initial month. (Lets for arguments sake say 10k pp) This will allow players to expand but not so dramatically as to kill the world.

This will hugely bring back the effectiveness of good players, who farm regularly and properly, over someone rich who can just buy those hours of farming without any issue.

- This would also bring in a new tactic to the game? having to save up some of your monthly PP budget incase you get attacked or Opped and need to make wall upgrades etc. Someone whos spent the 10k after a week may end up severely disadvantaged.

- You could even make WORLDS with limits. E.g. World 44 - Monthly PP cap (10000pp) or something like that to keep both sides of the community happy.

I would be happy to think of further ideas and I am sure people across the game will also have some excellent ideas too.

I will end with this:

I am a fair player, who always tries to play the game with decency, respect, loyalty and commitment to the players I am working with. I like to think in my day to day life I don't judge a book by its cover, I don't have a dislike for anyone without giving them a chance, or a reason to earn my dislike. However the way the game is, I find myself naturally having that dislike towards these players who are so much bigger than me not due to skill, but down to how much PP they are spending. They might be lovely people but I think the game is causing a scenario of hatred and disappointment.

This is not a direct personal attack on anyone, lots of players have this abundance of PP to use and I don't want this post to sound like I am attacking tribes or individuals that play like this. I am simply trying to highlight the way this is negatively impacting a massive amount of the TW community.

I hope you read, this post and understand mine and a number of others frustration.

Regards to all who read this,

Elpatron

2. Drluke95

Drluke95 Member

Nothing will ever change, just go play classic

3. capa

capa New Member

i agree mate ive discussed lots or ways to make the game good again limit pp trading. limit the amount of times you can use pp to buy resources from the market. disable pp buying once you have 5 villages but they all just get ignored think from now on ill just farm for pp and might sell the account like people do on .net

aslong as they make money it wont change and as long as there are pp idiots with no skill spending 1000s to win the world like AdlingtonMOB1 instead like the old good players who grind 20 times a day to get resourses now pp can win a world without no skill thats why going from 1 player having 1862 villages on old worlds (and i wasnt even top player ) to only 3000 villages in the world total on w43 just shows how much it has falling give it a few more years and uk will only be played by people who can buy pp all the skill will be gone

4. capa

capa New Member

classic only is once a year and im notmaly out the contry when it comes

5. LizardMoon

LizardMoon Member

I like the idea of PP spending limits.
    In the past your tribe could repel an attack, wipe a train and nuke and know the player will take a while to replace them all. Now all the defeated attacker has to do is noble a few barbs around you and PPspam them into academy villas in no time.

PP is here to stay but the players will eventually go if it’s not controlled to some extent.

I know Classic has no pp apart from LA, AM, PA but there have been other issues in that server in the recent past that has turned people off it.

6. CtyDenTa

CtyDenTa New Member

Wonderful topic mate

I dont have much exp in TW but for the time im playing i truly undrestood that the more PP you use the more untouchable u get!
    So im 101% agree with your statement !

Greetings Studenta

7. choggy29

choggy29 New Member

Totally agree with what has been said. I have come back after a break to play this world and feel what is the point in spending hours farming etc when you can buy your way to the top.

8. RazoRz

RazoRz New Member

Gone are the days of tribal wars being a skill based game that was fun to play. It’s now just a waiting game before the big PP spenders noble you. I agree PP should be limited to give others a chance as currently if you don’t lump your wages into the game there’s no point playing it!

Sadly this will also be my last world as the fun aspect has been taken out of it

9. who s your daddy?

who s your daddy? New Member

Cant agree more with you mate but it is all for the money nowadays. Disappointing, unfair and pure business. I dont think whatever you say or we say will make a difference really but well said.

10. AudaciousRoy

AudaciousRoy New Member

I've bought PP for a little convenience early on in a game, but I think it's near impossible to compete when Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos are turning barbs into mega bases in days, with no sign of letting up. It's becoming a battle of who is the richest!

I've played this game and TW2 on and off since 2007, but the case of one particular member on W43 is the biggest case of world buying I've seen.

11. Drluke95

Drluke95 Member

You are all talking about the good old days which is like 5-10 years ago where the player base was huge,todays player base is 10% of which it used to be hence why they introduced pp features and "pay to win packages" if INNO did not have these features i doubt the servers would still be running, you forget they have staff and developers to pay, servers to host etc

12. st1cky35

st1cky35 New Member

I totally agree with what you said mate, PP is a good feature until people with deep pockets and no skill pay their way to the top. I think the limit system would work well and those that are serious about playing the game would welcome the chance to prove skill beats wealth any day.

AudaciousRoy and capa like this.
  13. capa

capa New Member

The player base was huge and then they started bringing in win with pp and 16 people left for .net as i was one of them and every co account ive plsyed since world 13 nearly every member has said the same pp has ryined the game

So since the pp feature came out the player base has drooped nearly all skilfill players have left n players with money take over thars why tje player base dropped