A method to exploit the 24 hour support setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser14043

I've spent a significant amount of time speaking with support regarding what i call a "bug" but support calls a "small" exploitation of the game.

Let first say that I asked if this could be discussed on the externals as to give everyone on the server notice of the current "exploit/bug" existence and was given permission provided no "support ticket responses" were posted. Therefore please do not ask for the responses as I will not provide any.

--------------

The method to exploit the setting which prevents a new tribe member from support another for 24 hours it as follows:

First, both players (I'll refer to them as Players A and B) must be in the same tribe for this "exploitation" to work.

Players A and B are in the same tribe.
Player A receives a noble train incoming.
Player B sends support (can be a snipe support) to Player A.
Players A and B can then leave the tribe once the cancel time has expired.
Players A and B must reform a new tribe before support lands.

Provided Players A and B are in the same tribe when support lands, said support will in fact defend. Hence, snipe support is possible if exploited as described above.

Therefore, use caution when attempting to eat a spy. Especially if said player has a sympathetic and/or multi-account and/or co-spy. Even the best strategy to avoid the support snipe is misleading because this "exploit" enables dishonest players to play dishonestly.

Also, because it seems, support is hesitant to rectify exploited game play, you will not be returned any losses of resources as a result of the bug. (err... exploitation.)

DeletedUser14043

So... a friend read the above and mailed me this. Thereby showing another method of this "trick" being abused, it goes like this.

Player A - Starts a village on the rim and builds the Farm and Barracks while slowing getting mines to 15, 15, 15.
Player B - Is going to "eat" the rim village when it's ready. (Not pushing as the logins are not crossed nor any illegal play)

When the time comes to eat the village. Player B is concerned he/she won't be able to hold the village. The two players talk it over and decide to use this "old trick" (remember, it's an exploit, not a bug, so its allowed without punishment).

They decide to do the following:
- Player B sends the nobles and establishes the landing time.
- Player B invites Player A into the tribe. (or has him/her invited)
- Player B then sends support to land 30 secs after nobles land.
- Once the "support" cancel time expires, Player A either leaves or is kicked from Player B's tribe.
- Nobles land, village is taken thereby changing tribe to Player B's.
- Support lands and remains because it wasn't able to cancel when Player A left the tribe.
- New rim village is fully defended, Player A built up the farm so a church can be instantly built and Player B has successfully relocated to the rim with much less risk then if the "bug" (err... exploit/trick) didn't exist allowing for the support to arrive.

Seriously, how is this allowed in a world with these settings? More so, how is this "not" considered a bug?

Deleted User - 70854

Tbf I view it in a similar was as using multiple villages to send trains tighter than the ms gap allows.

DeletedUser14043

Tbf I view it in a similar was as using multiple villages to send trains tighter than the ms gap allows.

Except, in that there requires strategy between multiple parties. (or 1 player with multiple villages)

Here, the dev's would only have to code all support canceled when/if "leave tribe" is clicked and... make enforce the settings as published. No support for 24hrs can be sent. (By all parties)... As it is now, a newly recruited player can be supported, the setting "can't send" only applies to the new recruit. The new recruit can't send support but can be supported by the new tribe.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7797

I think admitting mistakes is difficult.

To err is human to forgive is define.......

DeletedUser13811

If every world released had the same settings we'd all be the first to complain. When a new setting is trialed there are bound to be ways discovered to exploit it (we invest a lot of time and thought into our games). I see it as a challenge of that world to use the settings you are given and continue on to win. If you discover a way to use the setting to your advantage do it before your enemy does, because they'll use it back on you as soon as they do.

Any new setting introduced to make the hugging, loving, family tribe scenario of recent worlds harder is a good step in the right direction in my opinion.

DeletedUser14043

You are such an apologist...
Frankly, It's boring and laughable.
You quickly scan a thread, you do zero (and I mean ZERO) research and post a nonsensical remark.
If you were to read what was said or if you took the time to actually research the issue and ask dabookman about it, what you would find is the exploit has existed for years. The person using it referred to it as "an old trick used on the polish server for years".

Please, before posting an opinion on a subject that many consider an in game cheat, do the forum users a favor and research it. Posting the corporate apologist comments such as, "If's and Buts and Dev's are overworked/under appreciated yatta yatta" really has become mundane and frankly degrading. The dev's have the time to correct the issue. It's not corrected because they don't care to correct it. (also referred to as laziness!)

DeletedUser13811

I've not apologised anywhere in my post because I have absolutely no input into the development of the game, I'm a forum mod.

I will however apologise for my lack of knowledge of the polish servers, I'll be sure to learn the language and read their forums before I post my opinions again.

My post was based on having played worlds with some truly terrible settings. I griped about them at the time however I now look back and realise it just meant I had to adjust my game plan to win.

DeletedUser14043

Again, you missed the point. The point is, "you referred to it as a new trick" and made your post to suggest the developers and innogames themselves knew nothing of the "exploit". They obviously do as it most surely would have been ticketed on the Polish server. The developers have obviously decided against correcting it. So it is "as you and dabookman" want to refer to it, a glitch that can be exploited. If so, then it should also be shared so "everyone" can exploit it.

Furthermore, (not to begin discussing another thread) I'll provide another example of exploits going unaddressed. There exists another "exploit" in which the "settings" post is fully exploiting the "can't send support for 24 hrs" setting. An exploit mind you that could "easily" be amended "if" a forum mod would simply "edit" the description of "can't send support for 24hrs" remark. But again, doing so would fully admit error and because of "pride/arrogance/or simply the "can't be bothered attitude" that exploit is still in existence. I promise you, I've gamed on TW as long as you have and its these typo errors that often present a very "poor" image of the moderator team.

DeletedUser12641

ok now I have to post
1] why would you want to exploit the settings if you think its cheating don't do it,
2] when worlds get to near end the winining tribe always ask for the dominance to be reduced or nobles to be lowered in price,
why the rules are rules
3] point 2 has no relevant to your post but wanted to say it hahahahahaha
4] its not a bug its being very smart and if people have tried different things to manipulate the rules in place then your obviously trying to cheat to begin with
5] I have never even thought about these scenarios regarding support I just play the game, do the same
6] I love you all and peanut butter :]

DeletedUser

Is Loebarth still really rattling on about the exploits. If it benefits you keep it to yourself. Something the TW team will change and alter for future worlds to make the game slightly more of a challenge.

DeletedUser7797

Leobarth as I said earlier some find it hard to admit they have got things wrong...

there appears to be a lack of care from the powers that be and a response of take it or leave it from them when there is an obvious mistake. As a customer, like you, it doesn't leave a great taste in the mouth

DeletedUser13811

A lack of care? Do you think there's a good reason for mods to do what they do? We're not paid and the ONLY reason I do my small part is that I do care about this game and felt I should give something back to it.

For one final time before I lock this tedious thread.....

https://forum.tribalwars.co.uk/showthread.php?25420-UK26-Settings&p=460117&viewfull=1#post460117

This is posted by our community manager on the settings thread and clearly clarifies the settings. Other than etching it into stone or carving it into my arm I'm not sure what else you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.