A pre made of sorts.

DeletedUser4753

Erm not sure if this shud be here or in general but it's a idea/premade

Having spoken to alot of top players whilst also having a lot of interaction with noobs per say I've dreamt up a pre made idea that could be both help pull for the game and intresting to see.

Probably better to this for UK 17 as thiers yet to be any established premades

What I'm suggesting is create a kind of player pot.

Thee top start up players such as nauz/will/nick etc would go in say category A

The players who are considered medium at start up, such as myself or others who are good but not realistically getting top 5 spots would go in cat B.

And completely new players or players who maybe have never grasped important aspects of start up would go in cat c.

Now hopefully via forums and word of mouth we could have through out all categories have a fair sized list.

From here we can have x amount of tribes formed depending on world limit.

Player would be randomly placed via some sort of system to make sure each tribe had x amount of cat A's /cat B's /cat c's.
Once tribes are selected a leader is chosen by the tribe and directions can be decided. From then they would join world on same day as a tribe and see what comes of it.

I believe this would provide us with a few intresting features.

. It would test leadership levels, I'm of the opinion a bad leader can wing it with a great team, a great leader can make a poorer team do well. They find themselves with a mixed bag, they cannot rely on thier I have all the top players so we win mentality, they have a squad and to beat tribes of similar level they will have to make all players of all categories perform.

. We get hopefully more fighting, atm it seems top tribes know they can just smash the farming and out grow and out gun enemies, this time especially with the including of lower category players they can't just all burst past the others, if tribe A's nubs are near tribe B's pro's tribe a can't just ignore them as tribe B's players pound for pound are stronger, so more forced interaction amongst other tribes, and more teamwork is encouraged inside the tribe.
. Building people as players, now a very viable strategy to PWN the other tribes would be turn ones cat's c's into cat B and cat A, so in the process of trying to dominate we not only improve players meaning competition is increased on the world, but for the future we have some fresh names and faces in the running, with a good tribe and leader weaker players are taught well and schooled in importance of team work, solo wars when the other 3 tribes are pushing team work won't cut it.
Guides are all well and good but mentoring is second to non,
I sucked at tw till I read sum guides, i sucked less till I played with tharg n jamm and had opertunity to ask questions, I was terrible at start up till I played with grant, and now I find myself refining start up via sound advice from nauz and will. This just isn't as doable from a few guides.

I don't know if this will work, or if players would be interested in this, perhaps we don't have enough players who want to play, perhaps the pro's like the comfortability of playing in those 1-2 start up tribes.
But imo something like this not only would be both fun to play and fun to watch, but invaluable for the game and a new generation of players, also perhaps put a intresting swing on guessing the top tribe and players before the world even begins.

What do ppl think?

DeletedUser

I think I've seen an idea like this once or twice before and it never made it to the start of a world. It's a good idea imo but I think it would be hard to organise. If it happens though then it should be interesting.

DeletedUser

Nah nah I think you should find 2-4 leaders and have a list on the premade. The leaders get to pick players to have 1 by 1 like back in the primary school days playing football. That'd be fun (chuckle)

DeletedUser10789

Yup. This is a good idea. This would make it fairer. But there would have to be tribe locks or something (if this is already their, sorry, I didnt read it all xD)

DeletedUser1410

Me and a few others have tried this and it failed, either people pull out or the settings aren't right or anything me and Cory tried it and failed, but I'll give it another go if theres enough interest

DeletedUser

Me and a few others have tried this and it failed, either people pull out or the settings aren't right or anything me and Cory tried it and failed, but I'll give it another go if theres enough interest

That'd be good.
If Ruffus plays, I would be happy to lead another and get Blue to lead a third then D1 could lead the fourth and you have four leaders.

DeletedUser4753

yea but that aint fair any tribe i run demolish's all enemies!

Agree though, picking them out would end up more fair than random assuming all leaders have accurate guesstimates of peoples abilities

DeletedUser6695

I will try and get some people on board if it's happening. With pp settings on .net people might be willing to play uk again

DeletedUser11546

That'd be good.
If Ruffus plays, I would be happy to lead another and get Blue to lead a third then D1 could lead the fourth and you have four leaders.

are my amazing leading skills not needed. Thats a shame

DeletedUser11708

no flag no pp res no half build/half time pp and tribe lock in with coin and church no archers simple tec so easy to teach your class C players like me new players do not have much $ will nevere keep up even with help if they need to spend all the $ to play.

This could save TW

DeletedUser11546

i highly doubt there will be another uk world without the advanced premium features, so keep dreaming buddy

DeletedUser4753

no flag no pp res no half build/half time pp and tribe lock in with coin and church no archers simple tec so easy to teach your class C players like me new players do not have much $ will nevere keep up even with help if they need to spend all the $ to play.

This could save TW

i like your enthusiasm but lets not turn this into a pp debate, feel free to post in a existing thread though.

DeletedUser

I'd sign up to this. Wouldn't pass up any opportunity to play alongside old friends and make new ones :)

DeletedUser

I like that idea have not seen it on any of the servers I have played.

Did this server not have a 4 tribe war all starting at different corners with a view to fighting it out in the end never followed it so unsure.

If you want a world that fights then you need settings along the lines of W34 on .net with very small tribe numbers. This for long enough stopped many tribes getting a jump on others. More if you made it a packet world. OK yes it did bring about some mass families however you still had to fight them with no outside support it did level to a degree the battles.

Cheers
Busa

DeletedUser

I think I've seen an idea like this once or twice before and it never made it to the start of a world. It's a good idea imo but I think it would be hard to organise. If it happens though then it should be interesting.

Yep, I think Jo tried to do this. 'Battle of the Tribes', I think she called it. The main issue would be getting new players into this, which would probably need to be sorted after the world started.

DeletedUser

I like that idea have not seen it on any of the servers I have played.

Did this server not have a 4 tribe war all starting at different corners with a view to fighting it out in the end never followed it so unsure.

If you want a world that fights then you need settings along the lines of W34 on .net with very small tribe numbers. This for long enough stopped many tribes getting a jump on others. More if you made it a packet world. OK yes it did bring about some mass families however you still had to fight them with no outside support it did level to a degree the battles.

Cheers
Busa

Agree with you here Busa, on the settings bit.

This idea actually got quite far when Cory got me into the BoTT here, and I'd be willing to throw my name into the hat once more if this gets up-and-running for yet another go.

Would be interesting, and TW doesn't have enough interesting these days.