A question for the more experienced players here.

DeletedUser

Ladies and Gents,

Some tribe mates and I are having a bit of a debate on W10 and I have decided to post here in the hope of a definitive answer. I apologise if this question has been raised before.

With reference to the research levels of troops, If I have researched say Spears to level 6 for example, and I then send them to a village as support and the village owner has only researched Spears to level 4, will they adopt the research level of the supported village or will they remain at L6 stats.

Or will they only adopt the research level if it exceeds that of the donating village?

I look forward to your sage advice.

Bikerbill.

DeletedUser5175

Troops defend at the tech level of the village they are in.

Meaning as well that you need defence techs high in your Off villas as well as your def villas.

DeletedUser

I'm surprised I even looked at this, given the title.

I concur with Ska. ^^

Nauzhror

Reaction score
What ska said. All troops fight at the tech level of the village they are currently stationed in, not the village that made them.

DeletedUser7797

yep that's right and if in a church world if defensive troops are sent from a village that is "un-churched" to one that is covered by a church they will fight religiously.

Therefore back-line support villages do not necessarily have to be churched

DeletedUser

As a side line to this would be worth reading openeye's HD strategy which gives an overview of one offensive / defensive strategy that works well with complex tech systems so may be worth looking this up to understand how to make the best of the complex tech systems.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
As a side line to this would be worth reading openeye's HD strategy which gives an overview of one offensive / defensive strategy that works well with complex tech systems so may be worth looking this up to understand how to make the best of the complex tech systems.

It's entirely tailored for 15-tech, and even then, is bad. (The exact numbers he suggests are bad anyway, the general idea of using hc as offense on 15-tech worlds though is feasible.)

10-tech worlds you can easily afford to make every tech level 10, so there's no need to use hc in offense like many people do on 15-tech worlds where techs are limited.