About Last Night?!

DeletedUser5582

Ok I will confess all! I am too small to attack The Vicar Of Giggles on W7 :icon_redface: However, a lot of my tribe weren;t and last night was the landing time for an op against him.

then the server went down....

Lots of folks in our chat little worried about missed launches etc etc BUT quite a few had already gone out. Then again in The Vicar's forum it would have gone something like this

Vicar of Giggles: Lololololololol those V nubs are attacking Gem my faithful clicker sidekick. I shall crush them all with my uber (flicks hair) skills. MWWWAAAAHHHHHAAAAAAA.

Gem?! Gem?! why don't you answer your Lord and Master? Oh damn sorry I need to log out for you to post.

Logs out.
Gemma logs in.

Faithful Sidekick Gemma: Yes Vicar I see them approach but can we snipe them all? Oh switch to skype too then we can chat at the same time.....!

Vicar of Giggles: Great plan sidekick. Yes they will be easy for our ubnerness but we must wait as am sure those pesky V's will send more trains and we must preserve our Def!

Faithful Sidekick Gemma: As always I bow to your uberness Vicar. Omg my screen is stuck and my clicky thing is not working anymore! Have those V nubbins removed the plugs at Innogames?!?! Damn them all!

Vicar of Giggles: What! Let me log in and check! Lordy you're right I cannot even log in. Oh woe, oh what cruel fate to play upon me all that work (except for the recent barb munching) wasted through the V nubbins plug thefts.

(sounds of serious toy throwing at this point those with a nervous disposition look away now)

Vicar of Giggles: Right I shall demand that Innogames turn all attacks into just visits only as I am Rank 2 and all other worlds it doesnlt matter as they have been their for ages (Note from author: Vicar not sure how your work on W7 more than someone on W1/2/3/4/5 or 6 :icon_eek:) or on W8 just 11 days so their start up is as nothing compared to the 4 mins and 32 seconds I logged on each day here (sobs)

Faithful Sidekick Gemma: Nothing is clicking anymore! omg god Vicar I love you but we only have 2 hrs and 14 mins to get the server up or we are doomed (bangs head on picture of The Vicar at charity fundraising)

Vicar of Giggles: Hush my sweet as I shall rant upon the forums as this world is dull then as it was becoming interesting it became very very dull indeed.

The Vicar leaves cape swirling and Faithful sidekick Gemma frantically using the smoke machine to make his exit more dramatic!

The End

Ok ok some of that may have been made up but a lot fewer attacks sent at you Vicar and of course no chance of you to defend or dodge nukes so the timing of this could not have been worse for both sides.

Losing a nuke sitting at home as you can;t dodge is probably the worst blow as it removes your ability to hit back.

On a more positive note you say this world is dull/boring/no competition etc etc well now you have the chance to get those villas back!

I hope you can find the motivation to do so.

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
Seems like it's gone again...

Which has got to be really annoying for the player I sent nobles trains at this morning... :(

DeletedUser

The Vicar leaves cape swirling and Faithful sidekick Gemma frantically using the smoke machine to make his exit more dramatic!

Priceless, Jo, I just about wet myself :icon_biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You know, I was totally fuming last night.

Having your hard work ruined through no fault of your own is extremely demoralising. The only reason my villas have changed hands is through innogames inability to perform as a service game. Instead THEY chose their actions and they will suffer the consequences.

Now I read your post and I will say a few things.

Totally enjoyed it. The first time that its been done in a light hearted manor and frankly I thank you for putting the jest in.

I would like to correct the view of UK1-6, 7&8. I mentioned that on worlds 1-6 Attacks take days to reach and when they do you're hitting stacks of defence, I've regularly ploughed 20+ nukes into villas to not even move a wall. The impact last night would have been minimal on those worlds. Yes maybe villas changed hands un-expectidly but the worlds been going for almost 2 years ... what happens in one night isn't going to overly effect the world as a whole.

UK7 and UK8 however, well I'm afraid that I've past on my Premium as prizes to old friends. Yes I could try to rebuild yes I could try to win back my lost ground. But I'm afraid you're missing the points.
1. I shouldn't have to. It is innogames fault not yours or mine.
2. Defending against a tribe some 10* your size is actually not that difficult. Eventually I would have been removed I have no doubt. But -V- would have had to spend a minimum of 2 months hard work at it. I have to say that for the first time in about 3 months I was really looking forward to the fight for survival. Alas I had that taken away and now a fight with the odds even more unbalanced is just silly for me to put the time / effort into.

UK7 lost a top player last night. Innogames lost alot more.

I'm afraid this will be my last post.

Congrats to the winners of the PP, all 4+K has been delivered :icon_biggrin:

Cheers and good night.

Rev. :icon_sad:

DeletedUser8687

:icon_sad: Im really saddened to hear this rev. You were a great player and i was really looking forward to learning lots while battling you and im gutted innogames has took away the oppertunity of rimming you by merit. Dont get me wrong My tribe performed well and im proud of the way they come together but i would rather have done it in a more even fashion.

Congratz to Victory the only tribe to conquer The Rev way before the servers went down! and boooo to rev for making the fight with SA a teensy weensy bit harder :p

I wish you good luck in the future. I Haz a premade for .net if you would like to join gimme an hollaaa :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

Well it's been fun, rev, if only because of the opportunity to watch you rant in these pages about the failings of innogames and because that inspired our Jo to write her masterpiece. But come off it, excuses excuses! I dare say the downage caused you some problems. It caused us some problems as well - not only in reducing the amount of incomings you had; I myself lost a bunch of troops that I couldn't withdraw from a villa with attack troops en route, and I'm sure there are many similar stories. But by the time the op started it seemed from the lack of response as if you had already given up. So please don't go round making unprovable claims that -V- wouldn't have got a single villa from you but for the server problems, we know you have a reputation as a great player and such nonsense really isn't worthy of you.
Good luck for the future.

DeletedUser6603

What have we ever done to you Stormridder? ;-)

Sorry to see you go Rev - we were hoping that one day we would get close enough to op you, but V got there first unfortunately! Would have been good fun without a doubt.

Congrats to V - it seems like your hard work paid off and you thoroughly deserve the credit for your efforts.

DeletedUser5582

yep the sad thing here is that W7 has lost a classy player (with clicky sidekick too) and not through a rl issue but server downtime.

Vicar respect your decision to go and wish you;d stayed around but totally understand why this has been the trigger for you.

Shame as think a lot in V would have benefited from fighting a quality player such as yourself as only when getting sniped time after time that folks are forced to THINK about what they are doing and improve.

Best of luck

DeletedUser

Rev, we have spoken in the early days, when I was stalking you, and I think quitting just cos of 24 hrs of downtime can't be the real reason, but if your off, your off, so good luck to ya.

DeletedUser5528

I dont even play this world but have been told about this story. From what I understand rev lost 8 villages and some nukes at hme as server was down and he couldn't snipe and dodge as necessary. This is totally unacceptable that he be allowed to put all the effort into building u his account and then have the chance to defend it snatched away by server downtime and then nothing done about it by the managment team.

No wonder he left!!

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
Players that have sent in support tickets saying that they lost villages due to the server crash are getting them back...

Players that don't send in a support ticket don't get them back...

I'm sure Rev can snip a T-Train.. the noob a took a village of then got it given back I doubt very much...

They just seem to have dealt with it all so badly and are now making things worse as they don't seem to have a clear view on what is the best solution...

It's just a mess...

I'm off to .net to play the no haul world...

Sure no no will miss me but I'll miss some of you..

DeletedUser5582

Players that have sent in support tickets saying that they lost villages due to the server crash are getting them back...

Players that don't send in a support ticket don't get them back...

I'm sure Rev can snip a T-Train.. the noob a took a village of then got it given back I doubt very much...

They just seem to have dealt with it all so badly and are now making things worse as they don't seem to have a clear view on what is the best solution...

It's just a mess...

I'm off to .net to play the no haul world...

Sure no no will miss me but I'll miss some of you..

I'll miss you!

Agree with your post (except for the missing folks bit) and think the line should have been tough for all. Vicar of Giggles could have got all his villas back and guess V could have had their nukes restored but could you really restore all and be totally fair to both sides? Be nigh impossible I think. If the line was tough for all (Vicar would be the biggest loser here and no not fair) then at least it would be the same for everyone. My heart goes out to some of the W8 folks here who have had some shocking decisions on top of the server downtime.

Instead we have all sorts of injustices going on. But guess we will have to deal with it and am sure there will be a post soon from the powers that be.

By the way always welcome to pop back to W3 to TFF as that is now a no haul world as our enemies have nobled most of the barbs :icon_cry:

Good luck though wherever you end up!

DeletedUser

You know, I was totally fuming last night.

Having your hard work ruined through no fault of your own is extremely demoralising. The only reason my villas have changed hands is through innogames inability to perform as a service game. Instead THEY chose their actions and they will suffer the consequences.

Now I read your post and I will say a few things.

Totally enjoyed it. The first time that its been done in a light hearted manor and frankly I thank you for putting the jest in.

I would like to correct the view of UK1-6, 7&8. I mentioned that on worlds 1-6 Attacks take days to reach and when they do you're hitting stacks of defence, I've regularly ploughed 20+ nukes into villas to not even move a wall. The impact last night would have been minimal on those worlds. Yes maybe villas changed hands un-expectidly but the worlds been going for almost 2 years ... what happens in one night isn't going to overly effect the world as a whole.
Rev. :icon_sad:

Unusual for me to find the Rev's normally high quality posts of (on this standard) an appaulingly low standard. Worlds 1-6 is probably the worst generalisation you could use. First of all w6 is a s2 world so to say attacks would take longer to land seems strange, to insist that people are hitting stacks on these worlds even stranger. This world was in no way more or less affected than any other world and the players that inhabit them. To suggest missing a night on uk7 is more detrimental than missing a night on another world is more an insult to those on that world than anything you've said to insult/comment on innogames. We've all suffered in the same way so I fail to see your bitterness in all honesty. Losing villages will always be a part of the game, however I realise its more understanding when its not your fault, but to suggest only afew people have suffered from the downtime is pure ignorance of the amount of time others put into their accounts and TW as a whole.

I dont even play this world but have been told about this story. From what I understand rev lost 8 villages and some nukes at hme as server was down and he couldn't snipe and dodge as necessary. This is totally unacceptable that he be allowed to put all the effort into building u his account and then have the chance to defend it snatched away by server downtime and then nothing done about it by the managment team.

No wonder he left!!

You seem to be forgetting the effort of the people who built the nukes and nobles that took his villages. Or is their hard work and planning to be ignored? Its not just people losing villages that have lost out, surely its relevant that players could have been close enough to capitalise on nukes/nobles that may not have taken villages they were close enough to follow up on but unable to do so due to down time? Your also making the assumption (no doubt rightly so) that rev could have defended all of his incomings.

Timmy