Account Sitting Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser2449

Is it against the rules to have a spy in another player's tribe, account sit that spy and send his troops out to attack another player without his permission? :lol:

DeletedUser

Pretty sure it is, but I haven't read the rules on that.

DeletedUser

The spying on another tribe part isn't breaking the rules. But, abusing a players account is a bannable offense.

DeletedUser2449

It's just like farming, but sending the troops to the wrong player :)

DeletedUser

If it gives you an advantage, dosen't it come under push account?

DeletedUser

§3) Account sitting
Players and sitters are equally responsible for the actions of any sat account. Make sure you can trust the person you choose as sitter or whose account you are sitting. It is not allowed to abuse account sitting. Account sitters that intentionally destroy or seriously damage an account they are sitting will be punished.
However, while we will punish the account sitter if we see that it was the clear intention to ruin the account owner’s work against his instructions, we will not be able to repair the damage done to the account.

These last 2 paragraphs of rule 3 tell the story... if you abuse the account to attack that players tribe then the damage will not be undone BUT you will be punished for it. I would think that for such a serious disregard of gamesmanship that would be a ban

DeletedUser

The rule is slightly deceptive, and appears to be open to subjectivity. If the account sitter leaves accurate instructions (ie - don't destroy my account), the account sitter should be punished if he intentionally destroys the account. If a message is not left however, the rule can work both ways, in some instances I've seen a punishment given, due to the fact that the account was intentionally damaged, and in others no punishment, due to the fact that there were no instructions. It would be nice to have some clarification on when it is OK and when it is not :)

DeletedUser

Basically, if the owner says:

"please use my troops to the max I want to help my tribe even if it costs me a lot" you are open to do anything as long as it somewhat helps the tribe.

DeletedUser2449

:| and here I was trying to use the account to destroy his tribe.

Well, thanks my question's answered, this thread's no longer useful to me :)
*hopes for a lock*

Status
Not open for further replies.