Adellion tells us how awesome he is but quits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I think it is this one he is referring to.

Why do people who know the least always shout the loudest

I will not attempt to argue against this phrase. I think the ill-application of it is amusing enough to not warrant a constructed response. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

:icon_rolleyes: im siding with aid

@ Nauzhror
Any good player should be at least 1 D per 1 O, ideally 2 D per 1 O.
any good player knows they cant set the ratio thats a fact.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

@ Nauzhror
any good player knows they cant set the ratio thats a fact.

And Nauzhror while you are blatantly wrong on the matter

You know what this argument is off ? because if you don't know why go butt out!

It's not a strict rule, but a rough guideline, everyone knows that. Early game these ratios can be kept to easily.

And no one would use a single D against a nuke, it's ridiculous.

DeletedUser

And no one would use a single D against a nuke, it's ridiculous.
I'm Confusing this with the Argument about barbs around mega a while ago silly me.

yes a ratio can be a guideline but only if every account was in the same boat. i am a late game player and on my last world i started up with 2O and 1D. but that was because i was highly active at that point. during this same time and in growing i had to contend with bloodhood now hes some startup player i got to meet him way back when the first speed rounds were ever done. this situation is one example.

another

started up on world 8.net? when the tribe Die. formed i was outside the K a little we started in so i had to go D at start reason being pre-made often get the attention of other formed tribes so you know someone would try to turn you into a farm.

there are lots of reasons why a ratio even if used can just be a hassle sticking to one means your self dictated on what village is O and D. if your one big cluster thats fine but if your not in one big cluster you have alot more areas to look at and sometimes you need more O in one place or more D (on rim for example).

and what gets me though more than a useless argument over the word "ratio" is Nauzhror saying "ideally 2 D per 1 O."
i am sorry but on a few worlds now i find having more D that O as a disadvantage. i haven't been to rank 1 ODA and Rank 1 in points for being a turtle.

DeletedUser

It's not what you use, it's how you use it.

Solipsist had approximately a 5:1 D:O ratio, he was rank 1 and rank 1 ODA.

Such a ratio is not turtling, it's sensible, especially for frontline players.

DeletedUser

5:1 ? :lol: thats saying something about the rest of the server no ?
saying that maybe i have had too many nukes from time to time for the job.

DeletedUser

But Adellion wasn't invited to Nauz's start up challenge
http://forum.tribalwars.co.uk/showthread.php?p=357876#post357876

I wonder why that was ?? :icon_rolleyes:

Because I am not good at startup. Well... not stellar at it. It's a *startup* challenge. If there was some kind of strange late-game challenge, I doubt anyone would hedge their bets on Nauzhror, as he wouldn't have the commitment to last (emphasis on the word commitment, not skill).

Also, I've coplayed with Last Wish on this world, and I believe his opinion of me to be a far better (and more experienced) assessment than Nauzhror's opinion. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5582

Because I am not good at startup. Well... not stellar at it. It's a *startup* challenge. If there was some kind of strange late-game challenge, I doubt anyone would hedge their bets on Nauzhror, as he wouldn't have the commitment to last (emphasis on the work commitment, not skill).

Also, I've coplayed with Last Wish on this world, and I believe his opinion of me to be a far better (and more experienced) assessment than Nauzhror's opinion. :)

Well I think you should give it a go as it is an invite to Late Game players too plus am sure you will be able to get a co player and give a good account of yourself.

If you lose then is no big deal as the golfer is strong in you though my worry is that you win as you will then be modest about it as you are now!!

In any case you have an Adellion is Awesome thread and Nauzhror doesn't so you are ahead anyway!!!!

What have you got to lose? I see you have replied to the thread and got your excuses in but seriously you should give this a go.

DeletedUser

Well I think you should give it a go as it is an invite to Late Game players too plus am sure you will be able to get a co player and give a good account of yourself.

If you lose then is no big deal as the golfer is strong in you though my worry is that you win as you will then be modest about it as you are now!!

In any case you have an Adellion is Awesome thread and Nauzhror doesn't so you are ahead anyway!!!!

What have you got to lose? I see you have replied to the thread and got your excuses in but seriously you should give this a go.

Regrettably, I have my dissertation to complete in that time; if the world had started after May, then I'd have considered it more thoroughly. Rest assured though, I think my accounts on UK1, UK4, UK7 and UK10 (ignoring .net) speak for themselves. I question whether you can claim quite the same amount of success.

Maybe he's scared he'll get shown up as a ..............NOOB

I don't think you have the credentials to suggest this, when you have not proven yourself better yet.

DeletedUser5582

Regrettably, I have my dissertation to complete in that time; if the world had started after May, then I'd have considered it more thoroughly. Rest assured though, I think my accounts on UK1, UK4, UK7 and UK10 (ignoring .net) speak for themselves. I question whether you can claim quite the same amount of success.

Excuse me?! When did this turn into a who has the best past accounts?! I said you should take part purely as I think you'd be good at it no more or less so not sure where my past worlds come into this or where you read about me talking about ANY of my past worlds or comparing myself to you?!

Not every post needs to be flamed Adellion so please drop the epeen unless the reply warrants it.

Status
Not open for further replies.