Advice For Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Now we all know recruitment is rife on any world. What I would like to say is please try to write a well thought out recruitment mail to go along with your invite. Maybe a little more than "wanna join my tribe?"
Try to include what you expect out of a prospective member and also what you have to offer as a tribe, this is a two way thing remember. I can't vouch for anyone else but personally, if the person inviting can't even be bothered to write a mail, I can't be bothered to accept. Ultimately I, and many others, start their own tribes purely to stop the invites so CTJ may only be a passing phase as I haven't actually invited anybody yet. Also please check where prospective tribal members are. Same goes before you accept an invite. I understand the need for personal space but 3 continents between each member?

Maybe I ought to provide a template with which prospective recruiters can copy and adjust to their own needs?

Greetings [insert name].
I couldn't help but notice you are currently tribeless. If you have some time I would like you to consider [insert tribe]. We are a friendly tribe looking to hug recruit some active members and although taking over the world is top priority we also have an amazing FUN section in our forum where you can while away the hours. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask (I am usually online between 21.00 and 21.30 server time) and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Many thanks,
Triple Loser [insert name]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Just though I could add to that, would you also put in your experiences of when you had a leading position in a tribe, to keep your tribe members reassured that they are apart of decent tribe, instead of a first timer leader.

DeletedUser

*Update*
Original post edited to include location checking before accepting/inviting. There's nothing worse than checking on a tribe to find out you'll have to wait until powered flight is invented prior to receiving/giving support to your prospective tribe mates. (Thinks of new game.....Splinter Cell Wars......only the most remote survive)

DeletedUser

Yeah this is a pretty decent idea.

I'm going to go with the same flow here and also provide some advice for recruitement here and say that in the subject it is normally a wise idea to state the specific areas you are recruiting (as said further up try and have a base for your tribe say one single K) where most of your current members are (even if it is at this point just yourself). Providing some form of previous experience at leading is good, but only if it is good previous experience showing you are capable not that you just mass recruited 100 players in a day at the beginning of the world. Your objectives are also good to state here, but I wouldn't say "world domination" is a good thing to say. Normally this is the "ultimate" goal of a tribe but I'd say that taking over your local area is a much better thing to say you want to do as it is far more realistic. Being realistic is a good quality to have as a leader so saying you want to "own everyone lulz" isn't too impressive.

As also previously stated saying what they would gain in this recruitement section is a good idea and again don't say something terribly stupid like "you gain the possibility to take over the world". Stay level headed and at this point you are not talking about your targets so I would mention more about joining a strong and supportive group of players, who are not only looking to do well in this world (you could phrase that better), but to have fun (remember this is a game for fun, forums make 60% of this game for me if not more, actually thats a lie skype makes like 90% of this game for me >>).

If you are having to use these threads I wouldn't realistically expect massive of experienced requests unless you are well known but don't worry people do check these threads.

Good luck in recruiting on this forum and I hope I helped. (Most of the information said here is similar to that in the mail and can be used in conjuction and vise versa)

I hope you have fun ^^

(PS I like how predator kept this open for discussion upon recruitement and how to help people, twas very good of him)

I hope this post wasn't too useless : \

DeletedUser

Thanks BT, I have to be honest I haven't kept a check on this topic as I thought it had died but no, your post wasn't useless. My original post seems to have worked though as I have had some very friendly mails in my time here (either that or the .co.uk server handles a different clientele!)
The original mail was obviously a little tongue-in-cheek but recruiters have indeed been including experience, aims, location and what they expect from members. Maybe if I had included a little less humour and made it more proffessional it may have been stickied but I'm still pleased with the response this has got.
Hope this has helped some recruiters and if there's anything anyone wants to add then please do.

DeletedUser

I'm leaving the above posts here because this is pretty sound advice -- though this information is better suited for the questions thread of the general forum, I will leave it here as it does apply to recruitment.

pitthull

Status
Not open for further replies.