Alternate village build?

DeletedUser4753

Just a passing thought, I've yet to scrutinize and do the maths behind this, but would a higher hq on front line vills be warranted on this world?

I only ever have a higher hq on vills that are building up, then rectify them to lvl 20 once construction is complete.

However er considering the farm rule, and the catapults playing a more dominant role on this world, ie taking out a farm means you can't stack a village, meaning its open to being catted further, meaning you could see your 9k village go to 26 points, or meaning the Church can be catted and you cannot block said cats with out the farm to at least a certain level.

Would it warrant a higher hq to get vital farm levels, and vital churches built that bit faster?

Normally people are not going to cat as much as they can just take a village, but considering the difficulty of taking and holding a village, and considering the usefulness of catting a church in one village allowing a easy clear of a other village,

would a higher hq that normally just takes population actualy play a role in giving the defender vital hours and minutes to stop a low farm defence with a low stack (due to farm rule) or stop unable to defend a village due to lack of religion.

Like I said just food for thought and yet to scrutinize it myself, but perhaps on this world with her settings, a altered village build of a higher hq is beneficial.?

Thoughts?

DeletedUser

In my opinion its not, but iv never really been one for having high HQ's for what ever reason unless i noble it that way.

Realistically if you rely on that village for its churches it should have been stacked before it got catted so that would be on you if its the church example. For the farm example, even a level 30 HQ would take a long time to build level 29 and level 30 farm so if its gonna take a long time your gonna have to be able to defend it or they will keep coming. If you can defend it, shouldnt matter what level your HQ is at as your gonna keep the village. If you cant defend it and you have to wait for the farm to rebuild and if they wanna kill you bad enough on a front line it shouldnt take long for them to get to you so a high HQ in my opinion wouldnt help much.

But im sure other people will think it will help and the best advise i can give you is to try it out its gonna take away some of your population space but in the end if it save even just one village it will be worth it wouldnt it?

DeletedUser4753

I am agree, but on this world you cannot stack bigger than 75k troops and even then you lose a wall level to a standard nuke.

Maybe I'm way off, but perhaps farm rule breaks the standard mold?

DeletedUser

Like i said try it out and see if it works for you thats the only way you will know people can tell you why it works for them and why it doesnt work for them but everyones different. For example not many people liked OE HC Nuke strategy but iv tried it before loved it and won a world with his HC nuke Strategy but so many people thought it was rubbish.

DeletedUser

I personally have never had HQ's above 20 apart from start up (at which point the highest I've gone is 27, anything higher is a waste and to be fair even going above 20 is a waste on .co.uk now with these premium features) and I've had a long TW history.
I also know of very few who do go above 20 HQ that are good players.

Reasons always the same.

On church worlds you want to hide your church villages (for obvious reasons) and have different builds for the church villages so they fit in the same points as your non-church villages (your normal build basically) so I guess some may go over 20 HQ for this.

DeletedUser4753

I've been on tw like forever n always like you never touched hq's above 20 after start up.

Merely toying with the idea ;)

@scientist, I'm actualy a hc player after start up,doesn't make mathematical sense but i still swear buy it.

I shall put some scrutiny to it n n post later :)

DeletedUser

OE HC plan was no jusy being a HC player.... involved much more then that maybe ill send you the link and you can read up on it yourself OE was a brilliant player on .net.

DeletedUser

OE HC plan was no jusy being a HC player.... involved much more then that maybe ill send you the link and you can read up on it yourself OE was a brilliant player on .net.

Strange... Never heard of him
emoticon-thinking-24px-image-picture.png

DeletedUser4753

When I say hc player I mean I use a lot of the principles he layed out, also talked with peeps who he learned off to improve understanding.
And your right ppl who just build hc arnt hc players, when I use that term I mean a similar play style to jamm oe n tharg, not just building hc ;)

DeletedUser4753

Also came back for 33 with 300 thn when the other 4 quit played on somewhere else.

DeletedUser

He stopped playing around world nine then just starting write guides...
He was a great playing on world two tho.

In pretty much every world before world 10-20 hardly nobody farmed etc and players overall were very poor so I doubt he could of been great :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

In pretty much every world before world 10-20 hardly nobody farmed etc and players overall were very poor so I doubt he could of been great :icon_confused:

Considering i started on world 2 and remember very differently i would have to disagree, farming was harder but everyone still did it and players were poor? Not sure what you mean by this if you mean skill wish or premium wise ether way i will disagree some of the best players iv ever played with where on world 2, 6 , and 10.

Not to mention no one said anything about farming guides or OE was great at farming i simply said he was a great player and has a great Heavy Calvary Guide never said he was a farm master ;)

DeletedUser

Considering i started on world 2 and remember very differently i would have to disagree, farming was harder but everyone still did it and players were poor? Not sure what you mean by this if you mean skill wish or premium wise ether way i will disagree some of the best players iv ever played with where on world 2, 6 , and 10.

Not to mention no one said anything about farming guides or OE was great at farming i simply said he was a great player and has a great Heavy Calvary Guide never said he was a farm master ;)

Hmm I never actually played them myself but had a nice talk with Nauz, Silver and some others about it and thats what they all seemed to say. Perhaps I miss understood them but I can go quote it if you want :icon_neutral:

Hahaha good point :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Hmm I never actually played them myself but had a nice talk with Nauz, Silver and some others about it and thats what they all seemed to say. Perhaps I miss understood them but I can go quote it if you want :icon_neutral:

Hahaha good point :icon_wink:

Nauz is a good player but always had his hard heading opinion about everything, thats his opinion and i disagree with him quoted or not wont change anything. The only world back then i can think of that was rubbish was world 9, that world probably still holds the record for the most merges of all time. The rest of the worlds were very competitive and altho like i said farming is easier now there was no shortness on people farming as much as they do now even tho it was harder then.

For future Reference dont always go running to Nauz when you dont know about a topic learn his ignorant opinions on most things will not always help you out, sometimes its best to learn things yourself or simply not try to argue with everything i post when i played it and you have not :)

DeletedUser

Don't assume I do run to him.. I don't even consider him as good as everyone seems to think. It was simply a topic that came up in our group chat.
Heck.. we don't even get on. He tried to get me banned for botting on W64 although I was innocent :lol:

Besides, he wasn't the only player saying it and if he was and the others disagree'd I'd obviously believe against it due to the fact, as you said, of him being hard headed.
Many in the chat had played back then and they all agree'd with the same points about very few farming etc etc and no offence to you but I really do believe them more than you since I do not know you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Im not asking you to believe me i honestly could not care less :)

Dont know who the rest of them are so have no comment but i know nauz is mostly full of it so if they know and like nauz then they are likely the same way.

Anyways off topic so im done here.

DeletedUser4753

Lol fun are the days when a forum becomes a 3 players group chat :p

post peeps!!!!!!