Am I over farming Bonus Village?

DeletedUser

I'm situated next to a bonus village and i've been farming it everyday but i've noticed other bonus villages are growing in their point values whilst mine isn't.

If I don't farm it will it grow and at what rate?

DeletedUser

I'm not sure if what I'm about to say is 100%, more like 80%.

A abandoned village needs to have the required amount of resources to build a building but won't use them. The resources grow depending on their resource building levels so that's the rate they'll grow at.

DeletedUser

Yes you're over farming, dont farm it anymore, if you want it to grow.

DeletedUser

Nope. Afaik, farming does not effect the barbs growth. A barb grows in spurts and it is at random. The only requirement that it has is that there is sufficient farm space.
Also, you also have to include the factor that someone may be pruning them as well.

DeletedUser

Barb or Bonus villages grow with or without farming.

With farming however, a barb or bonus village grows at a far slower rate than without farming.

I do believe this question was answered somewhere else on .uk or .net with the same answer.

DeletedUser1189

Thats pretty cool, I didnt know that. I thought barbs just grew at a set pace regardless of resources being taken out of them. Might leave a few alone knowing that :)

DeletedUser

Thanks guys, that's really helpful.

I might let it lie fallow a while and farm every other day, then when I need full production i'll get more.

.... I must get an Avatar, I feel almost naked! :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

I might let it lie fallow a while and farm every other day, then when I need full production i'll get more.

No worries just check in the Graphics section, there's plenty of people there with more then enough skills to produce decent avatars and signatures :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

From your statement i understand you only farm one barb

Farm all barbs, and inactive players that are cleared around you in an organised order, as you want to leave enough time for a barb to reget resources

Build thing is completely random and nothing u can do to change that. I farm everything near me and they all grow at different rates

DeletedUser1637

Farm all barbs, and inactive players that are cleared around you in an organised order, as you want to leave enough time for a barb to reget resources

Build thing is completely random and nothing u can do to change that. I farm everything near me and they all grow at different rates

/sigh, I wish there wasn't beginner protection here. I'm surrounded by a bbunch of suitable farms, but have to wait another three days :icon_sad:.

DeletedUser

Thanks for that.

I do farm all the surrounding villages now in an order to allow them 24 hours to restock. Initially I only had 1 nearby bonus village and no barbs so without cav until bp ended this was the only one feasable to farm.

Now I'm limited by the 20:1 rule until all the abandons turn barb.

All the best,

SirClaude :)

DeletedUser

I beleive I have a very affective farming tactic.

I don't read my reports before one of my farming companies have returned home so I can see where to send next. When I've emptied everything I turn to the next 20 noobs, then the other ones, etc.

DeletedUser

>.>

Farming in no way affects it. Got it?